Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Blog for 10 minutes / day

concretenprimroses
14 years ago

Hi, I just started a blog called "10 Minutes per Day in an Unreasonable Manner". My thought was that those of us who have a hard time getting going on creative projects could support eachother by reporting what we have done with our 10 minutes each day. (This is related to my other thread here with the same name as the blog.) Please check it out and post to report if you want to! I would love it if some of my buddies here are interested in this kind of support. I'll be doing it for myself anywho tho, lol.

kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Concrete 'n Primroses' blog

Comments (7)

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I'd love to ! I followed your link .... it says I have to join a group . Could you tell me how to go about it ?
    ( Wilma Flintstone rides again ! ) Take my hand & lead me through it !! LOL

I did the 10 minute thingee today ... it worked !! It actually worked ! I got more done than I thought I would - thanks to you , Kathy !!! I'd love to read about & share my productive 10 minutes :-)

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Like TooMuchGlass, I am computer illiterate and can't figure out how to post on your blog. I love this idea! Not only does it give us another way to stay connected, but it also gives us support when we can't get motivated to get things done that we need to be doing.

My ten minutes today was spent working glass in the studio. I am trying to get some holiday items finished to sell at my occasional sale before Christmas. Once I got started, I couldn't stop and I spent 2 hours in the studio. After we came in (my daughter was working out there with me) and had dinner I also worked on a flyer I want to give out to promote my studio and classes that I would like to start teaching. Then I worked on getting some ideas of what else I can make for the holiday season sale and others that I can teach in the classes. I would like to have completely different things so that they don't overlap and I can promote business in both areas.

I accomplished a lot today because I started out with just ten minutes. Thank you again Kathy. I needed someone to tell me it is ok not to spend more than ten minutes working on something creative, to get me moving in the right direction again! I have wanted to get my business up and going so that maybe I can make a living at it. I don't see myself being physically able to do my current job until I am old enough to retire. I am going to need something else to fall back on in the future. Getting moving now might just make this possible in the future.

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

That is great buttttttttt !!!!!I am the obset I can set in my art room and be in there all day even if it is cleaning it ,but I hate house work and feel so guilty .I am trying to spend 10 min or more on doing cleaning.

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

So Kathy,
    Do you want us to post on your blog even IF it is more than 10 minutes a day (or 45 minutes once a week)? I posted on the OTHER posting....
    Thanks for getting us moving forward....getting the "couldda, wouldda, shouldda" OUT and the "DID" in!
    Love, Jules

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi there, I didn't realize that to post a comment you also had to sign up. To get the blog I had to have a google account. That is easy, you just choose google and enter your email and a password, it is free. Sorry! I didn't realize that it was going to be complicated. The good thing is that if you have a google account you can start your own blog if you want to. Now that I think of it, most places that I go you can't comment any more unless you are a member (garden web included).
    Thanks for trying and I hope you come back! I'll try to post each morning about the previous days progress so that will be early enough in the day that everyone can add what they have done that day as a comment.
    I think it will be fun, like us seeing more of a little slice of eachothers lives!

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am new to this to! I just figured out how to make it so you don't have to join google to post. So please try now!!
    kathy

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nanatricia, I tried to email you but you don't have one here. If you want to post on the blg about doing at least 10 min of housework each day that is fine. Its all about getting our butts in gear!
    I fixed it so anyone can comment. So add a comment to my days post telling what you did if you want to share it.
    kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: 10 Minutes Blog