Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katladie

Please Spay/Neuter Your Pets

katladie
14 years ago

This is just a few of our rescues:

Basil the Beagle, bought by the neighbors as a miniature beagle, yeah right, and thrown out to fend for himself when he didn's stay mini, with our latest, my Kizzie Kat, found running up our dead end road one morning screaming her little head off. She is bobtailed:

{{gwi:127886}}

Kizzie again:

{{gwi:127887}}

Bubba, raised the litter of 3 on a bottle when the feral mom abandoned them. The mom was later trapped and spayed:

{{gwi:127888}}

Specs, from another feral litter, two moms dropped their litters off for us at about 6 or so weeks of age, they were also later trapped and spayed. Specs is semi feral she will let us pet her but that's about it:

{{gwi:127889}}

Let's see one more and I won't bore you any further.

Our ducky girl, real name Lucky, raised on a bottle from 2 weeks old when a stray dropped off at a local grocery was having trouble feeding her litter of 12, unbelievable what people do to animals:

{{gwi:127890}}

Sorry, you just gotta see Tiny, prettiest cat I have ever seen. Found in an abandoned house next to the same local grocery, when the mother was killed on the road, my DH just happened to go in the house to get some shelves for the store owner when he heard the mews and remembered seeing the dead one on the road. 4 of the litter were dead, Tiny found his forever home with us.

Tiny and Bubba, best buds:

{{gwi:127891}}

Silly Tiny:

{{gwi:127892}}

I could go on and on, but I'll stop now.

Sharon

Comments (8)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

I couldn't agree with you more. I use to do cat rescue,
    in my old neighborhood. Just made me heartsick with all the kittens born feral and no care or love.
    Thankfully my 'dog experience' has been thru showing my Whippets for over 35 yrs and being around ethical, caring people. The good breeders REQUIRE pets sold to be spayed or neutered.
    The cat situation here in Phoenix this year is the worst its ever been and all the news stories on TV and in paper have just been horrible. The neighborhood I live in now has no stray cats, or even outdoor ones. Nice change to have folks who truly take care of their pets.
    I have 5 cats, they do have a small covered pen to go out if they want thru a cat door. All are rescues. And spoiled rotten brats, LOL. I can't even go to the bathroom alone, feels like I'm leading a parade most of the time!!

hugs, Karen

• leveta
    14 years ago

They just started a H.S. here in our county. I'm giving 10% of my proceds from my shop this yr. I always give my spare change...

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

You are doing wonderful work, katladie.
    I always neuter my pets except my poor little Teeger Tiger cat who has a chronic fatal liver problem. He can't process medicines. He's lived longer than expected (2yr expectancy, he is now 2yr 4mo.) The problem has effected his, er, development so I don't think he's out there making babies. He enjoys going out but stays close to home and comes when I call. I only let him (and his brother) out when I'm around to supervise because he's not too bright poor little guy. His mom was a pregnant rescue, and I kept him and his brother. The mom, Yoda, died of breast cancer.
    Teeger:
    {{gwi:126574}}

Teeger and Zorro when they were kittens:
    {{gwi:126575}}
    I also have an huge old white female cat, Pikachu,or Miss Peeky, who usually hates the boys but she chased a huge german shepherd out of our yard when he came in and chased the boys. Teeger tried to stand his ground, but gave up and climbed a tree and left the dog to Piky.
    I would love to have a dog too, dh is skeptical tho. We'll see, lol.
    kathy

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

Bless you 100 times over for taking in those babies.
    I Agree ...... fix your pet if you can . Around here - there are organizations that can help pay for the surgery. St. Francis - the patron saint of animals --- is saving a place in heaven for all us "foster moms & dads" .

• katladie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

A few more.

Charity, my baby girl, dropped off at the church we used to go to, wouldn't come in the same room with my DH, although he brought her home, for 6 months after we took her in. She is as tough as nails and we have to watch her around possums, she hates them and will kill them if she gets a chance, she weighs 11 pounds:

{{gwi:127893}}

Nibbler, my daughter brought him home after a man she worked with told her he was going to have to drop him off:

{{gwi:127894}}

baby nibbler:
    {{gwi:127895}}

Kittle, showed up the night before Mother's Day 4 years ago, she was so tiny and so sassy and fearless:

{{gwi:127896}}{{gwi:127897}}

And of course, my tailless wonder, Bobbert, born here from the neglected momma cat next door, 4 boys, he was the only bobtail, mom and all 4 boys were fixed as soon as they were old enough:

{{gwi:127898}}{{gwi:127899}}

sharon

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Sharon, bless you for being so sweet and kind! Your little Charity looks a lot like my late great Bitsy who was a Miniature Pinscher - a fierce little dog. When I was growing up we took in a number of stray cats and when I found stray dogs wandering about, I always found a way to get them home or to the Humane Society. I have never lived somewhere where I could take in stray pets so I'm glad there are folks like you to do it for me. I love your little stories and pictures!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Love the pics. You are wonderful to help all these little guys.
    kathy

• katladie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If y'all get tired of seeing my critters, just let me know. This is when Kittle was a few weeks older, Bubba decided she needed a bath, the pictures on the blue blanket was the first night we found her. We cleaned her up and fed her, does she look contented or what:

Sharon

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area