Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

Secret Santa in the planning!

smickerdoodle
14 years ago

Hey everyone! Kirk has sent me the information that I needed to organize the Secret Santa. I plan to do it as close to how Kirk and Carol have done it in the past as I can. I will never be able to fill their shoes and get it exact, so I hope you will all bear with me. If you find that I am messing up I hope you will nicely let me know and give any suggestions you may have to help me get it right.

Anyone who would like to join in this year, I need to have your information emailed to me by October 23rd. This will give me a week to match everyone up and be able to email you all by November first with your Secret Santa recipient information.

To join in the exchange, you need to have posted here at least once in the past. You will also need to agree to spend no more than 10 dollars on garden junk stuff. It can either be something that you have made or things that we use here on the forum to make our art. You will also need to agree to have your gift mailed by December first. This will give enough shipping time to make sure that everyone has their gift by Christmas Eve. You will also need to be able to post pictures of the gift here Christmas Day or shortly after so that everyone can see what everyone else recieved. This way it is like a big family exchange where you get to see what gifts have been opened.

I am looking forward to the exchange again this year. I hope you all are too! You can also post here along with emailing me to let everyone else know who has joined the exchange.

~Micki~

Comments (24)

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Kirk and Carol! Please add anything that I might have missed in this post!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

thank you for doing this Micki! You are awesome!
    Count me in.
    kathy

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OH forgot to tell you all what info I need when you email me. I will need your name, address, GJ name, and a list of favorite garden junk items. This will give your SS an idea of what kind of gifts to send. Also if you would be willing to send your gift out of the US. I do believe we have had people join from Australia, Canada, and possibly other countries in the past. See! I am already falling out of Kirk and Carol's shoes!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

I've never done a secret santa before but have been posting here a little bit. I even posted my plate flower.

I would love to join,
    Carmen

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Thank you for taking this on Micki, I know you'll do a great job! Count me in again, the past two we've had have been such fun. I'll email you with the proper information soon.

hugs, Karen

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Thanks for doing this Micki and count me in!

Donna in Florida

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

Woo Hoo! I'm ready for Christmas now. Count me in. I'll email soon. Thanks for taking over and I know you'll do a great job.
    Syble

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

I'm on board too Micki! I'll email you my info! Thanks for taking on this project!

• laurastheme
    14 years ago

Me too. I did it for the first time last year and it was so much fun. I'll email the info soon.

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Thanks micki for taking on this awesome task. You are doing just fine! I will e-mail you with all the info.

Happy Christmas Junking Everybody.....................

• imjustsam
    14 years ago

Count me in too. I had just as much fun giving, as receiving.

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Bumpin' this up, smicker! Please count me in & thank you for taking on this huge project!

I would only add that if you cannot post pics, that you please acknowledge the receipt of your SS gift...I'm still wondering about a SSJ pkg that may have got lost in the mail this summer. Thanks, smick! Jeanne S.

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I'm afraid I'll have to sit this one out .... but seeing the beautiful things that everyone gets is just as good as being in it !

Fa la la la la ... la la ,la,laaaa !

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Thanks Smick for being our Secret Santa Elf. You're one in a million. Kirk & Carol's shoes will never be filled, they're two in a million! But, you can make it your own & we'll love you for it.
    Vickie

• Dottie B.
    14 years ago

Oh goody! Last year's exchange was so much fun. I got the most awesome gifts from my SS. I'll send you my info now.

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Remind people that they will be paying for shipping.You may not want to send a cast iron or cement cherub if it costs $100 to ship LOL!
    Also please post any shipping hints such as PO or UPS or FeD EX pros and cons etc.
    Thanks Tanya

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think you just reminded them so I don't need to...sorry I forgot to tell you all about the shipping. Thank you Tanya for reminding us all.

The PO has flatrate boxes, so if the cement cherub doesn't weigh more than 70 lbs and fits into the box, it ships for the same rate as a box of feathers. I have no idea what deals fed ex or ups have going but I know that on a regular basis, packages that weigh less than 70 lbs are cheaper to ship through the post office. It is also less expensive to use usps.com to pay for your shipping because you get a discount for using the website rather than going into the PO. They will also do parcel pickup for free. When you pay for the postage, you just request the parcel pickup and your carrier will pick up your packages at your door.

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Oh, my! We almost missed the deadline for the Secret Santa Exchange! We are preparing to sell our house and are in the midst of working with our builder in planning our new house...BUT we want to participate in the exchange! Micki, we just sent you our information! Thanks sooooooo much for planning this fun event!!!!!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk and Carol

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

To join in the exchange, you need to have posted here at least once in the past. You will also need to agree to spend no more than 10 dollars on garden junk stuff. It can either be something that you have made or things that we use here on the forum to make our art. You will also need to agree to have your gift mailed by December first. This will give enough shipping time to make sure that everyone has their gift by Christmas Eve. You will also need to be able to post pictures of the gift here Christmas Day or shortly after so that everyone can see what everyone else recieved. This way it is like a big family exchange where you get to see what gifts have been opened. You are also responsible for the shipping cost of your SS gift to your recipient.

Did I cover everything? If anyone knows of something I missed please add it to the post. Thanks all!

~Micki~

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Hi Micki

I thought I would think it over and decided, YEP I want to be a Secret Santa. I will email you the info you need. It is going to be tight because of Philadelphia and Mayo check up but actually it is a good thing keep me busy and all that.

God Bless You for doing this

PS My first SS event! ;(*0*); and :)

• mjowest
    14 years ago

**BUMP!!**

thanks for all your hard work!!

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Dec 1st, the mailing deadline, will be here soon. Bumping this up to remind myself and others of the "guidelines". Does that sound better than "rules"? LOL ~

• mjowest
    14 years ago

bump

• Dottie B.
    14 years ago

Just wanted to bump this up because the 1st is Tuesday! With the Holiday weekend, I am sure there are some people who may not be ready. Luckily, I am! LOL. For once....

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County