Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wheeeee! I'm a celebrity! ;0p

Posted by princess_mimi z5 6 OH (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 10, 09 at 20:13

Well, kind of...at least I got recognized in the hair salon today. Here's what I'm so excited about! I just had to share with my GJ buddies!

I'm so excited! Here in Columbus Ohio we have a Fall Home and Garden Show. This year they decided to have a plant swap as part of it. My DH was fixing a client's computer stuff and they mentioned that they needed a plant swap expert to one of their coworkers. Well DH pipes up..."my wife and her friend have been putting one on in Hilliard for the past few years." They said, "you mean the big one we read about on the internet?" (Right here on good ol' GW!)

Long story short, I'm getting paid to be interviewed by the newspaper, go on three TV stations and to then MC the swap. What fun! As a bonus I'll be doing one of the TV spots with Rib Hillis from Extreme Makeover Home edition. Dang he's pretty! I'm not a "cougar", more of a pussycat, but I do appreciate beauty where ever I find it!

Best if all, DH and I get to go to the show for free and spend a day with out the boys on Saturday. Since he lost his job in January it's been rough and we need to relax together.

God is GOOD!

~~Mimi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wheeeee! I'm a celebrity! ;0p

Congrats... That's I wish you the best of Luck and hope it opens more doors in the future. Talking about Extreme Makeover home, they are doing a home about 20 mins for us.

o

That is wonderful! I am proud to know you-
Glad you will have a day to relax with your DH.

o

That's great!! What an opportunity & fun too!!I knew you had a job as you mentioned it in 1 of your replies to a post & now other good things are happening!! Wow 3 interviews, maybe they will want you to do the news or weather too!! Have fun & enjoy your day with your DH ! Jan

o

Can I have your autograph? he-he You'll have to practice your penmanship. How fun is that? And what an awesome opportunity! I'm sure you'll floor 'em and make the plant swap a major success. Like they say on the stage, break a leg!

o

Well thats great news and glad to hear you and DH will be able to spend some quality time together.

Donna in Florida

o

Wonderful news!! How exciting for you and DH! Hope all goes well and you have a great time!

o

WOW! How cool is that. Bless your DH for speaking up. You just gotta love em sometimes............Take pictures and pictures and more pictures. We will be waiting with baited breath to see them. Most of all have a BLAST!!

o

How exciting!!!!! I am so happy for you... uh oh... here comes the HAPPY DANCE!!!!! What a wonderful blessing that is for you and your family. Have a great time and be sure and keep us posted on your TV debut so we all can watch and say, wow, we knew her when!!! LOL! Congratulations!
blessings-sherri

o

Yipeeee!!! All this is so exciting! And to think you're getting paid for doing what you love! Congrats! Have lots of fun and share pics and updates with us please. ~tenderlee

o

Congrats! And enjoy every minute of all the fun.
Vickie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here