Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizzardly

5K in December

lizzardly
13 years ago

My son has convinced me that we are doing a 5k this December. He's going to be my trainer and says he can get me in shape with time to spare. We'll see about that! He's done his homework though and found a "couch potato to 5K program". He's only 12, but fitness is very important to him and I can't not do this for him.

So.... um, I uh, guess I'm running in a 5K. It's the Palm Beaches Marathon Festival 5K on December 5th.

We're collecting pledges for Achilles International. They are a wonderful group of people whose mission is to enable people with all types of disabilities to participate in athletics to encourage personal achievement, enhance self esteem, and lower barriers to living a fulfilling life.

If anyone would like to make a donation please send me an email and I can send you a link to the secure donation site. I was hesitant to post this here, but heck you guys are some of my closest friends. I'm hoping that if you choose not to donate you'll just wish me luck that I don't keel over before I cross the finish line.

lizzgasbarro@gmail.com

Comments (4)