Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Looking for a Host for the 2009 Secret Santa Exchange :o)

kirkus
14 years ago

Hi Everyone! My wife Carol and I have hosted the Secret Santa Exchange the past few years and have TRULY enjoyed the positive responses and JOY from Secret Sanata recipients AND givers. We also hosted the Summer Junk Jamboree exchange. So many great gifts! This really is a caring group of people!

This year, we feel the need to pass the baton in organizing the Secret Santa Exchange to someone else. Is there anyone who has the time and energy to organize this VERY special event, The Garden Junk Secret Santa Exchange? We could give you pointers to help make the event run smoothly. We are posting this post early as the deadline for the Christmas Exchange has been around November 1st in the past.

Please let us know if you are interested in hosting this event. We have enjoyed the Secret Santa Exchange but find ourselves needing to focus on family this year...

Bear Hugs! Kirk and Carol

Comments (16)

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Thank you, Kirk & Carol, for the organization, personal e-mails & all the hard work involved hosting the gift exchanges here on GJ...both the SS and the SJJ! I have enjoyed it immensely! It's been fun sharing & getting to know our GJers better! Sometimes all good things do come to an end so I am happy to hear that all the time involved can now be focused on "family!" You are certainly blessed & deserve the best!

I, personally, would not want to take on this responsibility. Thank you. Jeanne S.

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Hate to see y'all go, won't be the same, but I totally understand. We were fortunate to have you so far.

As to your replacement ..... I'm lookin' around the room for the most organized person ..... ain't it AIN'T me .... definitely not me :-) ~tenderlee

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Thank you two so much for all of your hard work and time! You definitely deserve a break. You did such an outstanding job organizing both exchanges, the next organizer will have some mighty big shoes to fill! I can barely balance my checkbook so I don't think I'd make a good candidate. he-he

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

If no one is interested - maybe it would pay to "take a break" . Sometimes an idea just gets worn out . (and I say this with all respect to everyone ) Maybe a "Christmas in July" one would do. Or - maybe come up with something new . Just my 2 cent thought !

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Kirk and Carol,

You guys have done such a wonderful job with the exchanges. I'm sure we all appreciate the hard work that you have put in and the great fun we have had because of it. I would hate to see the fun end because it is someone else's turn to play Santa. I'm not sure that I could fill your shoes but I am willing to try. I would definately appreciate any help you could give in the way of what you have learned by doing it yourself.

~Micki~

• treasureforu
    14 years ago

Kirk and Carol, you have done such a fabulous job with the secret santa exchange. You will be missed.

Wow, snickerdoodle, I am glad you said you would try it. I am looking forward to this years exchange but since I started school, I just wont have time to organize it. Thanks for offering to take it over Micki!

Mindy

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Micki, I'm sure if anyone can do it, it will be you! Thanks so much for offering to fill Kirk and Carol's rather large shoes. You're the best! Mwah!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone for the kind words! Thank you Micki for volunteering! (When I get my act together in the next few days, I'll send you some pointers which may be helpful...and maybe not. LOL) I am so glad the tradition is continuing as Carol and I want to exchange a SS gift with someone! :o) YAHOO! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• mjowest
    14 years ago

smickerdoodle- I'm willing to help out, too, if it's possible for two people to do this, well, two people in two different locations, that is!!

I'm finally getting my act together! and I'd love to be involved in this!!

Mary-Jo

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Oh smicker, I'm so glad you are doing the christmas swap. Last year was my first time and I had a blast. Have already started snatching up items to stuff into a box and ship.

Great big HUGS to Kirk and Carol for allowing a newbie to get in on the fun. It has been a blast and I hope we get to continue with our two swaps. Many Many hugs for your loving generosity! Hugs, Chelcass

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Smickers .... you're perfect! So glad you can find the time, and that your health is allowing! Now I'm excited about the exchange, while I was a bit tenative. Glad Kirk & Carol are going to continue participating also.

Thanks for rescuing the SS exchange, Smickers. That time of year is just around the corner ... if ya ever need any help in the background, just let me know how I could assist. Good to see others available if you need them too. ~tenderlee

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Micki, I sent you an e-mail, sharing ideas for the Secret Santa Exchange. Thanks again for your willingness to organize a fun event! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

Thank you, thank you, Micki. I was so excited about the SS this year, but since I've only been here a couple of months, I didn't think I was ready to take on the whole project. Look foward to hearing about it.
    Syble

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

Well-I for one am still glad it's going on !
    In my reply , when I said " maybe this exchange could be skipped" ... I was just trying to soften the blow incase no one stepped up to take it over. I'm glad it turned out ok ! YIPPEE !!!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Glad to know that we will be having our Santa exchange since I've already started looking for "stuff"! Thanks Micki for taking this on and thanks to Kirk and Carol for being such gracious and hard working hosts for the past few years!!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Thanks Kirk & Carol for all the time you've given the last couple of years & made everyone feel so welcome & part of this great group & solving problems so quickly when they came up. You are great examples of junkers/recyclers using all your finds & redoing stuff your dad had. Gets the rest of us going & trying to do things we never thought we would. I was an inside crafter until I came on here!! Micki thanks for taking the reins & looking forward to another fun SS exchange!! I know you will do a great job! DS & DIL called to tell me they have plane tickets & will be here right after Christmas!! So will be fun holidays!! Then they told me 6 more will be coming so they can meet me. Hope I'm not going to be running a B&B LOL Jan