Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Update on Terri my Co-Worker & Cancer Survivor

luna_llena_feliz
13 years ago

I just wanted to let everyone know that your prays have really helped Terri, my co-worker who battled with breast cancer this past year. She is doing very well and her hair is growing back. Right now she kind of looks like a baby with some fuzz on her head. I'm proud of her that she finally flung off her scarf and is baring her pretty head for all to see. Thanks for all your prayers and kind thoughts. I know they really helped her!

Comments (10)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Great news! Glad Terri is back at work and is on her way to feeling better...thanks for letting us know.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Great news! My sis is a survivor, too! She even posed in a pic with her bald heat to match my littliest GS's baby bald head a few yrs back...I just love that pic. So, kudos, to your friend! You, go, girl! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Good for Terri for taking off the scarf! No shame in showing her head, it's a "badge of courage" & will give others courage for what they are going through!! Glad she is doing so well. My mom has beat skin cancer & uterine & has CLL which is a blood cancer that doesn't cause trouble for years & then can just go crazy, she is checked for changes in blood every 6 mos. now & everything has been going well. I'm sure it is a relief for you also Luna to see your coworker back & doing well! Still will keep her in my prayers tho that she will stay in remission. Jan

• desertrat1
    13 years ago

Good news Kathy!!!! A gal from my old work battled it last year. Wore a scarf when she came back. Now she looks like she never had cancer.
    Thanks for keeping us posted.
    Love, Jules

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Other people I have known who went through chemo and lost their hair always seemed to grow back a much prettier head of hair than what they had. Terri said another cancer survivor told her it was God's way of saying He is sorry. I thought that was a sweet way of looking at it. She looks like a big adorable baby and she looks so much healthier. She was having problems with some implant she had that is pre-reconstruction for her breast. But even that seems to be bothering her less lately. Thanks for the well wishes and for all your prayers!

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

Today, we went to a luncheon for my nieces husband who is retiring from the Fire Department and when we walked in all the Firefighers were wearing Pink T-Shirts for awareness of Breast Cancer it was awesome! It was great, these heroes wearing PINK FOR CANCER AWARENESS.

Nanagrandma

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

How cool Sylvia! Terri jokes about dying her hair pink for October. She is upset because she can't get it to lay straight, it just keeps spiking up. I think it looks cute.

• greensuzq
    13 years ago

My best girlfriend is a breast cancer survivor and when her hair grew back it was like baby hair. So soft and curly, she now sort of complains about it being so curly. But, she is happy to have something so small to complain about.

I just found out my brother is cancer free for the second time. He first had colon cancer and then last year was diagnosed with rectal cancer. He finished his chemo/radiation at the end of August and they just scanned him and he is cancer free. Hopefully he can enjoy life now and continue being cancer free.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Great news about Terri. I have learned to love pink as well as not complaining about having another birthday....at least I am here to have another birthday! Saturday I did my 3rd Relay for Life walk.....with my daughter and granddaughter with me. The first lap is for survivors and the second lap is for survivors and their care givers. Lots of sniffling going on for those 2 laps. If Terri has Relays in her area encourage her to go....each year I attend is a greatful year.
    I bared my head as soon as I felt comfortable doing so....when I flung the wig I never looked back to see where it landed! Because of my job I was forced to "cover my head" longer than I would have liked to....but thats OK cause it's all back and now I complain about how often I have to get a hair cut. I will keep Terri in my prayers as it takes a good while for life to get back to normal.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

As with any serious illness, I have found that you have to find a new "normal." Good for you, craftylady! My sis is also a breast cancer survivor, crafty.

Anyway, luna, will continue to keep Terri in good thought & prayer. Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?