Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nonacook

Got home Sunday --found sad news

nonacook
13 years ago

Got back home from Indiana late Sunday. Got all the boxes and tubs of stuff moved where they belonged (not unpacked yet). My Son-in-law called and told me of a death in the family. I remember telling you of my nephews 7 year old son having leukemia. He is now 8 and doing moderately well. However, his 28 year old mother died last Friday. They are doing a autopsy. She was at the hospital with the son, and family members, went in the bathroom to take a shower, and didn't come out. They broke the door down, and tried for about an hour to keep her alive. My nephew now has 2 young boys (8 and 7) to raise on his own, with the help of family.

Please keep this young famiy in your prayers.

More about Indiana later.

Comments (16)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

OH...what a sad, sad thing to happen! I am so sorry to hear about this. I will definitely keep your family in my prayers!

• leveta
    13 years ago

OH How sad...Prayers going out to family and you...

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

What a difficult time for your whole family & the young mom's parents & family too. Hope they are all able to pull together in raising the boys. You must be careful too as you just came back from a long trip so you need to try to get rested up. So easy to get sick in these situations! Hugs & prayers, Jan

• greensuzq
    13 years ago

That is awful. My heart and prayers are with you and your family.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I posted yesterday, nana...but don't see it...sorry.
    Definitely adding your nephew & his family & friends to prayer list. Good news on the 8 y-o child holding his own for this past yr...but devastating for this other tragedy. Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

OMG! What an awful tragedy! Your family will certainly be in my prayers and thoughts. (((((HUGS)))))

• nonacook
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They just released her to the funeral home, since there was an autopsy and toxicology reports to be done. No memorial service yet. Seems long and drawn-out, and difficult for the family.
    Thanks for the sympathy, prayers and condolences.

• chelcass
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. God Bless you and your family. You and Yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Chelcass

• princess_mimi
    13 years ago

I'll be praying for that young man and all of your family. I'm so sorry that this happened, especially to a sick child. (((((HUGS))))) to all.

~~Mimi

• nonacook
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Christine's mother has not been forth-coming with info....
    Thats the problem when people don't get married. They have been together for over 10 years but now Ted has no say in some things. We (Teds' family) are having a memorial service next Saturday. Her family has been invited, but live in Louisiana, so we don't know if they will come or not. I am doing all the food, and the flowers, so there will not be any expense for him. My brother and his wife are helping take care of their grandsons so that will take a load off them too. Clay has to go into the hospital next week for the whole week, so they can be aggresive with some of the meds. The other boy is being home schooled, to keep him from catching anything and bringing germs home. My sister-in-law will have a lot to keep up with, and they are in their mid to late 60s.
    Thanks for the prayers.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

May your day tog with family bring comfort to Ted & will keep them all in prayer. Bless your brother & SIL ...may they have strength & good health to take over for right now with the boys. Bless you, nona, for doing this for Christine's memory & her family. Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

That is good of you to do all this for Ted & the boys. It will help Ted to move on & will make him feel loved & cared about. He must be so stressed, give him a hug from all of us & the boys too. They really need to know their mom was cared about & would be helpful if someone is assigned to take some discrete pics of flowers,people, etc. Not the casket unless you think it should be(from a distance) My kids were 15 & 17 & they wanted to see pics a few months later & then talk about losing their dad (heart attack at 48 yrs old) We had service outside at grave & 15 people sang his favorite church songs on a lovely day,besides regular minister doing the service. My kids & I were rather dazed that day but I did go home & write down some of the nice comments I heard about my hubby. I kept all the cards & letters & kids didn't read them until several years later, then it was a good feeling. I still have them & it is 25 yrs ago last Sept. So put things down & keep cards & pics & 1 day they will be like a visit from mom or a "closeness to her" Ted may also want to see them or maybe be the keeper of them but just because they have no interest in them now down the years they may be very important to them. Thanks for being there & stepping up to the plate, so many don't but people on this forum still seem to have great values & you are 1 of them. Hugs & prayers coming to all of you. Jan

• nonacook
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Jan!
    Sorry your husband died so young. Don't wonder that you were dazed. At least you had the foresite that your kids would later want to know about things.
    The memorial service will be at a beach pavillion. She was cremated. Only her mother could recive the ashes, so even an urn may not be there. I will have my daughter take some pictures. I plan to make each of the boys one of the clear ball angel feather things sometime soon. Don't have the time right now. Ted's sister bought bears for the boys (saying 'from your mother') and told them when they missed Mom to hug the bears.

My schedule is hectic now, with lots of cooking.
    Garden club this morning, cooking and doing the flowers tomorrow, service on Saturday, Homecoming at church on Sunday. Next week is the garden club craft show (with setup-3 days) The following week is Thanksgiving and the next week is my late husbands family Christmas party.
    Hurry, scurry, LOL. After that things will slow down a little.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Hope it all went well last sat. Also that this hasn't set back Clay's medical problems. Hope he's out of hospital now with his dad & brother! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

It is nice to hear that the family is jumping in to help. I can't imagine how devastating her death must be to your nephew and his boys! I will continue to keep them in my prayers along with the rest of the family and Clay's medical team.

I really love Jan's idea of saving memorabilia from her memorial. How sweet and comforting to be able to look back on those things years from now when the pain isn't quite as fresh. I know how much I enjoy looking at old pictures of my family and recalling the great times we had together and the crazy stories of some of their antics. I like Ted's sister's idea of giving the boys bears from their mother too. That was a sweet gesture.

Prayers are on the way!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

I haven't been here for a while. So sorry to hear of this tragedy. My heart goes out to those 2 boys. Our foster daughter lost her mom at 10 yo and it was terribly hard for her. Sounds like your family is pulling together and dealing with it better than hers was able to at that time.
    Kathy

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville