Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Iron Chair Found for Door Arbor Garden

jeannespines
14 years ago

I've been looking all summer for the "perfect" chair for the door arbor garden (and I didn't want to buy "new"). My good friend found this for me at a GS for $2...can you believe it! It's very heavy duty & has a wood seat attached...I am going to cover that seat with outdoor fabric...but will wait til Spring (probably) since winter is on it's way!

{{gwi:127982}}

Here's the door arbor garden when we built & placed it in June this year:

{{gwi:127983}}

Here's the door arbor yesterday ...moved the white lilac back further.. just love how the gorgeous Mandevilla plant & white Cleome & Hydrangea grew...& now the iron chair completes the setting:

{{gwi:127984}}

Wanted to share this garden because supposed to be in the 20's tomorrow night & weekend...ugh! Winter is on it's way! Brought the Mandevilla plant into the porch & hung it...so am going to try to winter it over later in the house. Thanks for looking! Jeanne S.

Comments (23)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Whoops! Wrong side...I'll post a link on "Discussions"...Jeanne S.

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Love this! What a great find on that chair & a great friend to think of you.
    Vickie

• Dottie B.
    14 years ago

That is so awesome!! I must have missed your original post on the arbor as I had not seen that before. You guys did a fantastic job on it! And that chair is perfect!!!

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

You are correct there could not be a chair more sweet and gardeny then that one. I have two narrow french doors I am trying to get hubby to make into a trellis.ill show him yours.

• leveta
    14 years ago

OH what a wonderful chair!!! OH what a wonderful price!!! LOL...

• daisydal
    14 years ago

Jeanne, Jeanne, how does your garden grow? VERY WELL, THANK YOU!!! I am amazed at how everything has shot up around your stunning arbor. It looks so beautiful, not at all like 20 degrees is coming on at any time, thats for sure!! The garden chair is perfect for your little retreat.
    Hope you get to enjoy it a little longer!
    blessings-sherri

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Perfect find!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Looks like a perfect " fit" for your arbor scene!! Will be lovely when you gussy it up a little!! Jan

• kacram
    14 years ago

it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, everyone...I've been so pleased with this new garden...and the plants just loved the cool summer, I guess...I've never grown "Cleome" that tall before, so it self=seeds plus I'm plucking some seed (just in case). I had a little pk. of 6 plants & they really took off!

And the Mandevilla vine loved it there also...I think it was Purplemoon's SS gift ...the stained glass butterfly...that brought good luck to the vine! I just followed the nursery's suggestion of watering it every day...even if it rained!

What fun! The chair is on my patio & may find a place on my porch for the winter! That way I could go ahead & cover it when I find some outdoor fabric for the seat.

Appreciate your feedback...love sharing with all you GJers! Jeanne S.

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

I love it. And the chair is perfect.
    kathy

• giggles1
    14 years ago

Oddly, this type of chair is typical in this area... nice, but...

THAT ARBOR... now THAT is great! I never saw that earlier... how did you ataach it to the block? brick? whatever is on the bottom???

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, again, GJers...here's a link to the original post on June 6th...then I updated with another post in July...a really fun project & I am so pleased with the results! You can find instructions throughout the link. Thanks for looking! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Door Arbor Complete!

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

It all looks great!! I just love that arbor.

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

AHHHHHH-HHHH-HHHH. Romance in the garden.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Your patience was rewarded with the PERFECT chair for your garden. Its wonderful. Thank you for saying the butterfly brought some luck to your vine. It probably told the vine to "grow dammit, or get sent to Phx and melt". LOL.

hugs, Karen

• shrillmtb
    14 years ago

Both chair and arbor are awesome - that is such a pretty little setting! I am also green with envy that your garden is still green and bloom-y. I HAVE GOT to move somewhere with a longer growing season!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hah! Hah! TOO FUNNY, purplemoon! That is such a lovely little green butterfly....I don't think she would say such a thing! Teh! Heh! Here she is...pure innocence:
    {{gwi:78056}}

Thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Good score on the perfect chair for the door arbor setting...again...it's all just lovely!!!!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    14 years ago

I'm so jealous!! I've tried to find chairs and they want and arm and leg for them here!! Will look perfect by the arbor!!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's the other link to an update from July 24th...what's so cool is that a GJer named "Jennie" posted her "garden Door Closet" on this post...it's awesome!

Anyway, someone mentioned this post...Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Update Door Arbor July 24th

• nursemaid4
    14 years ago

The arbor is beautiful, and the chair is too. Why can't I ever find good stuff like that! lol

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Nursemaid, I guess you and I are just not in the right place at the right time here in Pensacola.....