Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desertrat1

a NEW family member came home with us!

desertrat1
14 years ago

Ok, so it isn't what you think! We finally bit the bullet and now have a car payment! WE haven't had one in three years so it was hard to dive in! Todd found out he got a promotion. (doesn't take effect until my Bday) but it's a 5% raise! So, Todds been researching (he's an engineer)for the last three weeks. WE got a used 2008 Toyota Highlander 6 cyl. 4WD! IT's such a blessing! Finding one was hard because our area doesn't sell a lot of 4WD anything...Go figure. WE got a real good deal on it and it's clean...only 50k on the odometer. So, I've been putting around in it today....Just had to share!

Love, Jules

Comments (8)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Congratulations! Always nice to have a dependable car. You would think a lot of 4 wheelers in the desert, they are the ones that are supposed to get you out of sand & ruts I thought!!I thought you went up to your property & found a poor sweet sad eyed dog you just couldn't leave out there!! Well, you have to "feed" either & a dog won't give you a ride so car is probably a better deal. I'm sure some will disagree!!! Enjoy your new wheels! What color? Jan

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jan, You are so funny. You make me giggle! Yeah, I wrote that so people would look but yeah, a new car is like a family memeber. Nope, it doesn't have sad eyes for sure!
    Yeah, so we had commented to the dealer about not many 4WD vehicles...They told us its whatever sells for that area. I told him, "well, if you offered 4WD's then they would sell!" BUT, there are a lot of commuters in our area. They travel south to the San Fernenado Valley or the LA basin. He did tell us though that if we went to Montana or Colorado they would look at you like you were a dork if you asked for a 2WD--and that did make sense. AND OH, YES, I would have LOVED to be at the Getaway today! It was a gorgeous day and now we have the RELIABLE 4WD to get us there with no worries. OK, so maybe next week? WE have WEDNESDAY the 11th off for Veterans Day. Go figure! Why can't they just make it a Monday or Friday so we can have a 3 day weekend? Todd is going to try and get that day off so we can GO.

OK, so the color is "wave line pearl" 2008 Toyota Highlander 6Cyl 4WD. The one in the photo is a 2010. The blue is about the color of the sky. My first choice was "salsa red pearl" but I'm ok. Its a purty truck anyways! :-)

Love, Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:127992}}

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Wow!! Love it! My favorite color! Our 1st car was just slightly lighter than that! Red cars get stopped more by cops I've read!! All they'll see is a blue streak go by!! Enjoy!! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Congrats on the new very pretty SUV! All wheel drive and 4 wheel drive are VERY popular here in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin. I remember looking for an used pickup truck about 4 cars ago. Used car dealers looked at me like I was from Mars when I said I wanted a truck with 4 wheel drive. Now almost every pickup has it. I love the color of yours!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Yeeha for you!! Congrats on the new vehicle...I love the look of Highlanders! Enjoy!!

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

Yeah! New cars are so fun. I know what you mean about the note, DH wants a new truck, and I don't want the note. I like the Highlanders and it should last you a good long time.
    Syble

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Congratulations. Enjoy!
    kathy

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks y'all for all the congrats and all! It sure is nice to have a truck. It's so easy too since it IS an automatic. I was raised on manual trannies so I don't feel like I'm driving. Almost no work at all. Todd told me he doesn;t feel comfortable driving it cause it's so big. I feel at home in it for sure. I think I was MEANT to ddive a truck...Now the kid wants to practice on it and I'm reluctant because both are my babies! Don;t want either of them damaged and ruined if you get my drift. ...