Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

I promised you!

goldenpond
15 years ago

I promised photos of my dads Halloween costume.This is from the Senior center he had two parties.The first party he was an elderly woman and he won first prize.The second party he is a Polynesian Pretty and he won first prize again! I stayed and took pictures and danced with dad.We all had a ball!

Like my tattoo? Im suppose to be a Rock Star but I scared myself!

{{gwi:127993}}

I painted these crocs,couldnt put him in Flip Flops or he would have fallen!

{{gwi:127994}}

My father never danced.I told him he didnt even need to move his feet to Hula so I got him warmed upi and once he got dancing he wouldnt stop!

{{gwi:127995}}

Frightening!!!

{{gwi:127996}}

{{gwi:127997}}

Comments (10)

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Hey Rocker Girl, that is soooo fun!!! Thanks so much for sharing, I believe y'all were having more fun that the little kiddies LOL.

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

The pics are a riot. (youdo look scarey)
    Your dad is the life of the party at the senior center isn't he! Thanks to you. What a great daughter you are.
    kathy

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Hey rock star! Your pictures made my day!!! Your Dad is a hoot! Would've gotten along great with my Dad!!! I'm still smiling after looking at your pictures!!!! Thanks for sharing! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I went to give dad his shower tonight and one of the elderly ladies said she liked my Cleopatra costume HAHA I bet Cleopatra was the equivelent of a Rock Star in her day.Dad is still getting teased and loving every minute!!

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

Kathy,

You and your Dad sure looked like you had a wild time! He made a really scarey looking Polynesian dancer! Thank goodness he was really born a guy! :-) He wouldn't have made a very pretty girl! :-)
    One year when I was a teen my Dad dressed up as a Konehead (from Saturday Night Live). It was funny and scarey all at the same time. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Love, Jules

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Fun, Fun, Fun. I've noticed that the older I get the more self conscienceness I grow out of. With only one life to live, being happy every opportunity is very liberating!!!
    Go for it Dad!!! What a great daughter you are to help make that memory.
    As a teenager I was mortified to see a picture of my grandpa in the local newspaper, dressed as a woman during a Senior group activity. Now I understand that every heart that was made happy that day became healthier.

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Rock on, girl!! Your dad is adorable!! I would have danced with him, myself!! You have just gotten an A+ and a lot of respect from me that you done all of this for your dad and even attended the party with him. I am so proud of you and certainly glad to call you my cyber-friend! My MIL is in a nursing home and there are so many people in there desperately looking for someone just to talk to them. We always wheel her out into the foyer to visit because there are about five or six ladies that will come out just to talk. We have to remember, thats gonna be us someday!!

On a lighter note, did anyone ever tell the guy in the dark blue shirt that Polynesian lady was really a man???LOL!! He's paying a little TOO much attention to your dad!! LOL!
    Glad you guys had a blast!
    blessings-sherri

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

Just hysterical!!! Thanks for posting....I really did need a laugh tonight. This reminds me of when one of my ex-boyfriends dressed up as Carmen Miranda....it was a riot. He didn't win first prize though. Congratulate your dad for us.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

OMG, goldenpond! You two are having TOO MUCH FUN!!! Thanks for sharing your Dad with us...I miss mine & it is so good that you found yours & are enjoyin'! Jeanne S.

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well I took dad to the Dentist today and mentioned my dads costume. The Dentist, a short squatty type said,"OH let me show you a picure of me with MY costume." The assistant ran to get the pics and he had dressed up like a Buxom Blonde cheerleader. Dad took a glance then said to me. "It looks like You!"
    OK Doc,,,No Novacaine for DAD!LOL