Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Why not now?

concretenprimroses
14 years ago

I realize that I have more spare time than many people. But even with that I have a hard time motivating myself to do creative projects, study spanish, exercise et cetera.

I recently started just 10 minutes per day motivation and use what you have challenge. For me at least, I also am going to add why not now? This morning when I said to myself, "today I'll fix up the halloween decorations and get them out on the porch." Today is anytime. Something clicked, - Why not now? So I did. Will post pics tomorrow cuz I had to reglue one of the flowers that fell apart after I set it out.

But from now on when I think of what the plan is I'm going to ask myself "Why not now?"

kathy

Comments (8)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I find as I get older that if I make a list of what I want to get done either for the week or the next day, a lot more actually gets done. It's too easy to get distracted otherwise. Jan

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

I seem to always have lists going in my head. I usually start my days off by making a list in my head of the things I need to do in the day...today it was laundry, getting a kiln shelf prepped and filled with the glass project to go into the kiln as soon as the last project was cool enough to take out, solder some of the angels that I am working on, and clean up the studio...I got it all done except cleaning the studio. I ran out of steam before I got to that. When I work, I usually work on my to do list for when I get home, while I am doing my job. I never get anything done without a list or if I don't get right at them when I plan to. If I put it off to "later", later never seems to come.

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You are both so right! I've always made lists of things I need to do. But not including things that I want to do. I'm going to try to plot out my week add a list of a few creative projects or steps. (Go through fabric, for instance, to find so I don't have to buy more for a couple of gifts I'm thinking of. Sometimes I just need to be reminded.
    kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

I agree....I'm a list person too! I even rewrite the lists I currently have when I mark off too many things and it's hard to read! ;-) But, I have found that a list helps me remember somethings that I have put off for a while and it helps me focus...and it feels good to mark those babies off when they're done!

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Man! my kids sure messed up my list today! Instead of going to work and then coming home and working some glass, I ended up taking my son to the doctor and finding out that he has pnemonia. Then from there I was told, by my daughter, that we had to go shopping to get a different pattern and more material to make her a Belle costume...BY FRIDAY! Then we had to find the rest of the accesories for the costume and a birthday present. These guys sure seem to make sure I have very little spare time to do the things that I need to do...lol. Then after waiting for an hour and a half for a perscription of 6 pills for the sick one we got to come home to start working on that costume. I would have had a more restful day if I had gone to work! But I wouldn't trade them for the world.

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

My DH says I am the queen of list, but what is funny, he now depends on those list also. I have a on going, grocery, yard, and house project lists. I have lists for today, this week and this month. It really helps us get things in order and done. One thing I realized after reading Smicker's post, I had all these junk projects listed for when the winter weather wouldn't let me out. Well hello holidays. I've been sick all week, I have company coming this weekend (new list), I have to finish our Halloween costumes, some bulbs have to in the ground this week, a perm, mammogram and carpet cleaning are scheduled, Thanksgiving is at my house and will be traveling for Christmas. Maybe I need to start a Jan/Feb list.
    Syble

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Yeah, I make lists--but then sometimes I lose the list-LOL
    My biggest problem is the computer--When I get here, I lose all thoughts of time. Sit down for just a few minutes, and it turns into hours before I realize it. Wish a lot of other things would go as fast and well.

• wannadanc
    14 years ago

My intent is to work on my second Bucket List. The first one was written 10+ years ago, long before the movie. I had retired and made a list of the things I wanted to do while I still could do them. Now - it is time to make a new list - I accomplished most everything on the first one. Not having a working list led to some serious depression. At least now I know what to do about that!!!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor