Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Just Checking In...

kirkus
14 years ago

Hi all! We have received several e-mails from Garden Junking friends wondering where we have been. Sorry we haven't posted. So much going on... We are in the midst of putting our house up for sale... tired of HMO dues and regulations and mean neighbors. (Someone actually complained about our white headboard in our garden.) We have found the perfect property (with NO homeowner's association!) but need to sell our home and property in order to move forward with the new property. A real estate agent came out today...hoping to put our house on the market in the next week. Please pray for us! We own our current house and property so we don't want to go in debt. Thanks for thinking of us! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (12)

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Too weird Kirk! I was just thinking of you and how the property issues were going. Glad your realtor met with you today. Hope and pray your place can and will sell QUICK! No time like moving in the dead of winter. With last years issues I'm sure your house is just about brand new (heheehe)(but it wasn't funny at the time). Hope you make more than you expect so you can do all the fun things to your new land and home to build....Any luck on the links I sent you? I was yearnign to go out to our land today but we had other plans...went to Eternal Valley Cemetary where my Dad is buried....we had a good time and not rushed at all. The rest of the day had been slow and a little somber. Let us know how things progress.
    Love, Jules

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Good luck to you and Carol, Kirk! Hope your house sells quickly...you do have such a beautiful place in a beautiful setting!

Not posting much right now either...getting outside work done (when weather permits) with winter quickly coming on! Farmers unable to get into fields with so much rain again...we need a good week of "sunshine" all over the state!

Looking forward to SS name (from smicker) & soon will be working on projects! Good to hear from you! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

I read about your problems on Facebook. You and Carol are still in my thoughts and prayers. You might want to invest in a St. Joseph kit for selling your home. The kits come with a statue of St. Joseph, instructions and a prayer card. I have heard people swear by it. I know if I was selling a home, I'd give it a try.

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Glad to hear from you, Kirk. Good luck with the sale of your house.
    kathy

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for your encouragement, ladies! :o) I have spent today bringing in our garden treasures! (Still have MORE to go!) WOW! I didn't realize we had so much STUFF until I see our 2 car garage packed, and Carol can't put her car in the garage. (I will organize it all so she can park in the garage soon.) If we should sell in the winter, I don't want to leave anything behind in the deep snow!!! :o) This whole thing is also getting me to get rid of stuff! It's all a good thing! Luna, thanks for the hint about St. Joseph! Bear Hugs! Kirk I'm off outside to haul more stuff inside!!!!

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Good luck and prayers from here!
    Isn't it amazing how things accumulate quickly!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

You already know I'm thinking of you guys and keeping you in my prayers that your house sells quickly and that your move will be a smooth one! Hugs to all!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I tried the St. Joseph. I am not Catholic but I tried it anyway. You take a little statue of Joseph (who is the patron Saint of Carpentry, building, real estate)and bury it on the property that needs to sell. The little statue looks just like it came out of a nativity scene. I prayed "Lord Jesus, if your step-Dad has anything to do with helping us sell our home quickly, I sure would like for you to talk to him for us. It seems odd to a Protestant to bury this little statue but we are desparate. Amen". Kirk, that house down in Houston sold in 1 weeks time. I have to say that burying that statue plus my 14 yrs of spending money on that house made it sell very fast. GOD IS GOOD! It was a good thing because we closed on this house before that house was even on the market.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Kirk, you guys are always in my heart and on my mind.
    I hope the house sells quickly, and you can leave the problems there behind in a cloud of dust. Or snow. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Those Association fees and their rules can be a bit much, and that's why we didn't buy property like that ourselves. As I age, I am very leery of anything that would add unnecessary costs as I become more elderly.

So glad to get your update, as I think of you guys often, and hope the bumpy road will be much smoother soon. So exciting to think of building a new house! You can include features that you didn't have before, etc. And a brand spankin' new kitchen ..... I would love that! Mine needs remodeled now but I refuse to borrow the money to have it done. Eventually I'll figure out a way, even if I have to go back to work part time to pay for it. When I had the money to do it 10 years ago, I put the money into my yard and garden instead ...... imagine that LOL. At least I do have a mature garden now :-)

Best wishes to you, Carol & the kids, Kirk. I know things will be hectic and busy, but it will also be very exciting! ~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

TENNESSEETRASH! You hush, girl! ...what's this 'as I become more elderly' business??? 'We've only just begun!'(remember 'The Carpenters') (tee hee) ...glad you spent your hard-earned money on your gardens & GJ! LOL! Enjoy your day!... from another GJer friend, Jeanne S.

We've Only Just Begun lyrics

Here is a link that might be useful: We've Only Just Begun

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

It is what it is, Miss Jeanne LOL. Gonna be 58 soon. Actually I feel just like I ever did, except for the dang arthritis. That slows me down a lot these days. Other than that, I've had good health, and am very thankful.

But when I hear a Beatles song, or the other 60s music, I feel like a teenager again. I've always said that we'll be the generation wanting Jimi Hendrix on the PA system, not elevator music lol. and if any of you come to visit me when it's my turn to live there, BRING CHOCOLATE!!! :-) I'll probably be one of those lil old ladies that won't eat anything but candy lol.

Hope the rain eases and y'all get to do the outdoor tasks that await. Thanks for the song, I love that one! Karen Carpenter had one of the most perfect voices ever. Oh it's so pretty, playing right now, too bad she had to leave so soon. Take care! ~tenderlee

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio