Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

My truck is fixed & found my jack o lanterns!

concretenprimroses
14 years ago

Its a good day.

Our truck is fixed. Its an '87 Toyota long bed extra cab and gets 30 miles to the gallon. I thought dh was nuts to get it repaired but you can't get them like this any more. And it actually cost just a little more than HALF the quote! Whoo hoo, I can get mulch now!

And I remembered where my paper mache little jack o lantern candle holders from the 1930s were and put them out. There is a picture of them on my blog, check it out if you like. My Memere gave them to me years ago. (scroll down a bit)

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Concrete n primroses blog

Comments (5)

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

I'm so glad you got the truck fixed, and you can mulch. Think of the truck as being green and recycling. I am soooo jealous of those jack-o-lanterns. I never find anything vintage Halloween around here. Also those witch fairies are really cool.
    Syble

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Yay for you!!! Old vehicles can be wonderful!!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Glad the truck is back in shape & running! That is good gas mileage!Most of my Halloween stuff is old, well about 40 yrs old. But I do have one of those spin around things out of tin with wooden handle, about 4 in. wide, handle on top. Can't even remember what it does. Think it just makes noise! I'm so tired. Made 4 pumpkin pies,2 apple & 1 pecan pie today. DD will be coming for her birthday tomorrow!!She never wants cake for her birthday always pumpkin pies. Of course my folks get some & me too. I freeze mine, just slice it & freeze. Have a fun Halloween tomorrow!! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jan, I'm impressed with your pie making! I always want pie not cake also. DD was born on Halloween? Makes for fun parties. The old toy sounds interesting, I think it probably is a noise maker.
    kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Very cool paper mache pumpkins! It's hard to believe they burned candles in them, isn't it?

Glad to hear you had your truck fixed. I spent $1,000 on my 2000 Town & Country about a month ago. Runs like a charm now (knock on wood).