Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvs2click

Bike eating mums and beautiful fall colors

luvs2click
13 years ago

Thought you all might enjoy pictures of my mums that are going crazy this year. I think someone slipped them some steroids when I wasn't looking. They're overtaking my old rusty bike and all are just huge this year. Here's the link for photos - easier than uploading here (and resizing)!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Arlene

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall in Ohio

Comments (6)

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Beautiful pics!! Love those red mums by birdbath & all the colors! Wow! Your porch fall decor is nice too. Love those red apples looks like lot are very small but bunch of large ones to right ,what causes that? Can you make pies from them? We had little crab apples in So. Dak. & I think only thing people made was jelly. Thanks for showing! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Yowza! Are there some beauties! I love mums. They come in such pretty colors. Makes the cooler temperatures all the more appealing (even though I hate the onset of winter). Gorgeous gardens and I like your fall vignettes. I really like that little owl of yours.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, luvstoclick...I'm so envious of your gardens looking so very, very pretty ...and no weeds! Gorgeous Mums! And that Crab Apple tree...beautiful! That wagon wheel vignette is so pretty! Of course, you've captured everything so beautifully in your photos!!! Also love your porch decor...you need to share those porch pics on the other side! TFS...yes, a good year for your Fall gardens! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I agree with all of the other comments...LOVE all of the beautiful colors of mums! They are so huge! All of you settings are just wonderful...thanks for sharing with us!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Thought I posted message on this last night, got lost I guess. I loved the red ones, bike sure was basking in mums!! The apple tree is so pretty with all those bright colored apples. Can you make anything besides jelly?(that's all that anyone I knew made in So. Dak.) Nice fall decor on your porch too! Loved all the lovely mums, you sure know how to grow them. Mine never get more than about 18-20 in high. Guess they need more Miracle -Gro at my house!Enjoyed all the pics! Thanks! Jan

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all - thought you'd enjoy the color. My bad though - the ones at the bike are purple dome asters, not sure what I was thinking calling them mums. Too many late nights getting ready for my 6 straight weeks of craft shows, I guess.
    I've never made anything with the crabapples, they are very hard - even the birds can't eat them. They usually hang on the tree all winter and then in the spring, the robins clean them up. I guess they soften up after being frozen. I noticed a blue jay trying to eat them the other day and he gave up. We have 2 trees of them and they are both really loaded this year.
    I don't fertilize at all. When we put the beds in back in 2003 we did haul in top soil and mixed mushroom compost with it. Other than that - all I do is plant stuff. It goes crazy on it's own. I think it's the mushroom compost but I would think by now it would all be leached out of the soil.
    Arlene