Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desertrat1

Stupid Glass Flower addiction!

desertrat1
14 years ago

Ok, so now that i have time off---"a week" I pulled out some glass to make more glass flowers. Yeah, yeah, I need to SELL them, not make more. BUT I guess I need a lot to display. WE bought some really huge and sturdy shelves from a neighbor. Todd and I rearranged the garage last week and I have shelves devoted to my "addiction". And I've been buying glass again. I'm working on a better way to display them at a craft fair...Anyways, just wanted to share. It was good to not have anything specific to do today so I could get going on these again.

Hope your weekend is a pleasant one.

Love, Jules

Comments (5)

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Hey, I'm with you Jules! I just want to find a way to make them so they last outside through all our weather before I sell them. I'm hoping next year. Unfortunately I'm not going to use all my glass yet because its easier to store stacked up. But I'm going to make 4 or 6 plates to put outside with different backings.
    kathy

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, mine do fine outside all year round. The problem I have is the hard water deposits on them from sprinklers. The ones that don't get hit with the sprinklers do just fine! From teens to 110F temps too!

Yeah storing stacked glass is easier but I want to be on a roll and get a bunch done at once. I just found out a friend is having an open house boutique with lots of vendors---BUT its on my Birthday and I don't know if I want to do that on my DAY. We'll see. It may be a great way to promote my crazy creations. I did go out to Home Depot tonight and get some supplies. I'll be painting and arranging tomorrow.

Love, Jules

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

I do move my glass flowers inside during the winter and last year my DH made me a "box" to store them in. He just made it out of scraps, but I would think you could use better looking wood if you wanted to use them to display at shows. It is a wooden box about three wide by two feet deep by two feet tall. He put a shelf about middle way. Then, he drilled holes big enough for the "stems" to go through...in the top piece of wood and in the middle shelf. That way, I just put my flowers in through both holes and they stay nice and neat all winter. He staggered the holes on the top so they wouldn't bump into each other and it has about four rows of holes. Hope that makes sense....if not, let me know and I'll go out and take a picture for you.

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Thanks for the box instructions.
    I may build one for myself!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

I'd love to see a pic Marlene. The box sounds great.
    I leave mine out all year and the glass to glass is great, its just the back that connects to the stem I've had problems with - but not until they had been outside more than a year! Maybe Friday I'll make my experiment ones. All the ones I made this spring are out there with their pipe backings, we will see how they hold up too.
    kathy

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years