Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

'Secret Santa' Receiving Station Post

jeannespines
14 years ago

OMgosh, I'm starting the thread for those GJers who are doing the SS! Today the postal service drove up the driveway & delivered a pkg to the door! Thought it was an Amazon Christmas order I'm expecting, but instead it's a box from MI that has stickers plastered on it with "Please don't Peek!" and "Wait til Christmas!" My kids are home for the Thanksgiving holidays & of course, thought it was for one of them! They looked surprised when I said it was Garden Junk from a friend! Tee Hee!

Thanks Michigan GJer! Tree will go up soon & it will be the first pkg. under it! I won't shake it either cause it seems to sound interesting already! Jeanne S.

"Ya better watch out, ya better not shout, (Secret) Santa Claus is coming to town!"

Comments (43)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'll bump this so it won't always be at the top!
    Anyone else have Santa visit yet? Jeanne S.

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Nope, no Secret Santa visit yet...but may or may not have someone else post that Santas Gremlin, er, I mean gnome, er, I mean fairy has done some sneaky package sending. I hope my "giftee" likes their present.

Love, Jules

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Well I got my Secret Santa gift from Remata in TX but she didn't put her GJ name on it so I could thank her. Can't wait for Christmas so I can open it! Thanks Renata!

Donna in Florida

Here is a link that might be useful: my website - WIP

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

So, are we suppose to post WHO we got a package FROM? I thought maybe we could leave the guessing up to those who don't receive their until late just to keep them guessing (and not a process of elimination)?
    Love, Jules

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Just bumping this up because I want an answer. I got a package today in the mail....and I wanna say I think I know who it is---but do not want to divulge just yet....I want to wait until at least the day beofre we leave to Oregon to open it up!
    Love, Jules

• laurastheme
    14 years ago

I received my SS gift Saturday. I can hardly wait to open it, but it has 'do not open til Christmas' on it and I always obey orders. My gift to my SS is going out this week. DH had surgery last Monday, so I'm a little behind.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yippee! I'm smiling a Santa smile! (errr, or maybe it's an elf smirk!)

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Is it possible for a gnome, fairy, elf, ogre, or Tryyg to have a devilish grin?
    Can we divulge names or do we wait till most people have received their SEcret Santa? BECAUSE I KNOW WHO I HAVE!
    :-)
    Love, Jules

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Jules~

I don't actually remember what we've done in the past...I think if you want to divulge who your gift is from, then that would be fine....whoever gets mine...it will be kind of obvious...since I was SO creative with my GJ name! ;-)

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Yes Marlene you are...................LOL

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

I got a Secret Santa box in the mail yesterday! Thank you thank you! I don't even have a tree up yet. I feel more Christmas spirited already!
    kathy

• imjustsam
    14 years ago

We got the our first snow day today and so I went Christmas shopping. I came home and there was a package stuck in my door all the way from Tennessee. There are no instructions about waiting until Christmas, but I will try anyway(no promises)I love this part of Christmas SOOO much. I really enjoyed packing and sending mine out Monday too.

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Ok, so I'm going to wait until the 20th to open my Secret Santa Gift. And my gift came from _________ and its from the state of _________. HA! Keep some of you guessing.
    Love, Jules
    PS: the wonderful desert is now getting some good hard rain! Yippee! Hope it isn't ice capades in teh morning.

• akup_a
    14 years ago

My Secrt Santa package arrived! I told DH to hide it so I wouldn't be tempted and he did a good job! I'm ashamed of myself since I haven't even got mine together & sent it out yet. Work has been busy & awful; so I'm late with it. Just wanted to let ya'll know I haven't forgotten & it's in the works.
    Vickie

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

My gift arrived, Funny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a rerun HAHA!!!!!!
    Oh and mine went out too!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

My SS box arrived today...from a beautiful lady in a sunny state. I am so excited its here!

hugs, Karen

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

I got my Secret Santa gift today..It's from Bflo Ny.I'll be opening my gift again on Christmas Eve while Santa is here for my GK's.I can't wait to see the treasure inside.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

OMGosh! How funny is this?! My SS gift actually arrived several days ago from Arkansas, but I had so many things coming in from UPS and FedEx, I thought it was one of the gifts I had ordered, so I didn't rush to open it! I was going through my boxes today, and I realized when I popped the top open on this BIG box, and there was a card on top...that it was my SS gift!! I didn't peek though...I closed it back up....but I thought I would tell my SS sender that your tape and taping gun were packed in the box too...in case you searched the entire house for it!! ;-) Sounds SOOOO much like something I would have done! THANK YOU....SOOO excited!!

• rere
    14 years ago

Mzclassic
    I'm glad you rec'd your gift.
    I got mine too last friday. My coworkers talked me into opening it. It's all their fault I would have waited if it hadn't been for them. I'll post pics and more later. back to the grindstone for me now.
    Rere
    (renata in Texas)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Just bumping this up to the top!

• tennesseekathy
    14 years ago

Just got back from my daughters in Alabama. Another grand baby. My Secret Santa package came while I was gone. Putting it under the tree. Kathy

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Congrats and Mery Christmas Kathy

Kat

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

I got mine a while back, and can hardly wait, this so exciting.
    Syble

• mjowest
    14 years ago

I hope I didn't worry you, secret santa from WA (Hmm..... hee hee)- I received mine two days ago, - CLEAR across the country!! just kept forgetting to come to the discussion side!
    Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

mj

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Well, I opened my box today... Just to see if the insides were wrapped, heh heh. And they were so now they are under the tree. The first gifts there! And i know who sent them because I did read the card, and I'm so excited because its someone whose gj I greatly admire!
    I hope my secret recipient gets hers soon. And btw, they are wrapped on the inside.
    kathy

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Ok, so I'm revamping my last post.....I will be opening mine tomorrow night. WE decided to open all our gifts from each other here before we leave out for Oregon....so, be looking for a post from me....
    Love, Jules

• katishooked
    14 years ago

I received my SS pkge on Thurs. I did open to see if wrapped. Saw it was wrapped in paper so closed the top back and put it under or by my little tree. It came from CA and can't wait to see what it is.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ohhhhh, you ladies are making me smile...think you are just trying to tempt me!!! I didn't open my pkg. to see if they were wrapped...hmmmmm, would look much prettier under my tree! no, no, no.....I'm sure the Grinch is trying to make me peek! Remember,my pkg. I hid under the tree skirt!

desertrat...hope you start a thread & post a pic ... have fun on your trip! Jeanne S.
    p.s. my SS box has a "last name" the same as the "street name" that I live on...ohhhh, that must be an omen! LOL! LOL!

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Oh man! I am going through Secret Santa withdrawals. It's been soooooo busy here that we didn't sign up... Major regrets! Next year for sure! Maybe we'll be in our new house by then! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Dottie B.
    14 years ago

I got my GJ SS Gift on Thursday and it couldn't have been on a better day. I lost my job on Thursday, so it really made me smile when I got to see that package. I opened it and read the card, but then when I realized the gift wasn't wrapped, I closed it back up to wait for Xmas. Thank you! Can't wait to open it.

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Adina, so sorry to hear you've lost your job! Bummer :-(

Surely my recipient has gotten theirs by now. I hope to hear that it's gotten "there" .... I still ain't sayin' til they have a chance to let us know it's arrived.

After all .... it's a secret! ~tenderlee

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Ok ok~~~~~SO, I received my gift from...drum roll please.... Miss Jeannespines!!!! I just knew it was from you when it said from Iowa!!! So, I didn't open it Friday but late Saturday night after everyone else was in bed. I really wanted to enjoy it for me...the men in my family just don't get it. SO, THANK YOU THANK YOU Jeanne!!!! I just loved the set of homemade picture cards and of course the homemade Christmas card with your male cardinal in the snow covered pine tree! You got to give me the scoop on how to do that! Loved the candle holders, the rusty keys, star, and gear part--horseshoe, butterknife decorated plant marker, chrismtastree tealight holder, little glass bluebird and the timelife photography book! You picked out all the right things! I treasure it all! Thank you thank you Jeanne! I love how you wrapped it all in fabric and burlap! It didn't rattle at all! The extra packaging was just too funny! I had donated a bunch of the boys clothes to a clothes closet your chruch was having Saturday. IT would have been great there since they were taking womens clothes as well--but it will be put to good use!
    Ok so if you go to my website and scroll down to the photos on the main page go to Secret Santa and Gardlyloo Loot. I took a photo of all that Jeanne sent me!
    Have a very Merry Christmas!

Love, Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: Secret Santa Loot

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

What a nice haul Jules!!! Lucky you!! Jeanne is awesome! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh Jules, thank you for the posting! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your SS pkg! I know what you mean about the "guys" ... last yr. my son & DH just kind of rolled their eyes ...but were kind enough to smile & take a pic of me with the loot!

I wondered WHAT you would THINK when you opened it up & found a wade-d up denim skirt! LOL! Hope you can think up some great GJ ideas with these things! I had fun & it's awesome what you can find for $10! Enjoy your trip! And a very Merry Christmas! Jeanne S.

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Jeanne,
    Yes, thank you thank you! It was such a bright spot in my day! What perfect wrapping and stuffing though! I'll have to remember that when I package up breakables and have old clothes...even though yours is in perfect condition! That cards are just amazing. Seriously though you will have to give me pointers about the card you made..I know you made it but it looks like it came out of a high end gift card store.
    WE made it up here to Oregon last night about 7:22pm exactly. Sean my 16 yr. old drove the last 2 hrs. We drove through straight 14 + hours! Shasta was clear and the Siskyous has some light snow (that I drove)...but rain and fog part of the way.
    We are having a nice relaxing time. My MIL and I may be goign out later today to go "thrifting" and then again may be tomorrow as well.
    Have a wonderful Christmas. May all my Garden friends be surrounded by love and joy-the gift of giving and receiving this wonderful time of year.
    With all my love, Jules

• imjustsam
    14 years ago

What a nice package of Christmas joy you got Jules. I can hardly wait to open my package from Tennessee. I may do it tomorrow morning. I will try and hold off

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

I received my package from my SS!
    But I just rememebered that I don't think I put my name in it just SS. But it went to Tenn!

Merry Christmas All

Sylvia
    Nanagrandma

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Smicker & GJers...I went ahead & started a new thread for "Secret Santa PICS Post here" ... so we have plenty of room for lots of postings! (and for those who have dail-up) If you want to move any of these additional comments about the gifts, please do.

Have fun opening your GJ giftS! I'm patting myself on the back cause I DID make it until Christmas Eve Day to open mine from mjowest! Jeanne S.

• chelcass
    14 years ago

My Secret Santa was Marlene. Some little birdie told her I love Snowmen. I got a beautiful 18inch stuffed snowman. How she got him in that box I'll never know but I sure am glad she did. Love him. Lots of other goodies, a rooster napkin holder (hubby got so excited over it as it matches the salt and pepper shakers our neighbor gave us. Adorable snowman salt & pepper shakers, a snowman picture frame, a sweet little girl figurine, antique metal coasters with Christmas tree design, 4 flat painted wood pieces one of course has Snowmen, and a santa and sleigh, the front of a big colonial house and a man selling christmas trees. a clear glass squirrel candle holder and chandieler (sp) dangles. Thank you soooooooooo much Marlene I just love everything.

Hugs, Judy (chelcass)

ps. I will try to post a picture but............my pictures seem to be to big for the space, but I will try.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

We have two postings going on for SS gifts...I posted this already on the other post, but didn't want anyone to miss my great stuff.....

I opened my Secret Santa box last night and what a HAUL!! My loot came from excess frou frou a.k.a. Syble and I couldn't believe the amount of GREAT STUFF she packed in one box!! I just kept opening and opening gifts....a junkyard cat statue complete with springy neck, a beautiful piece of driftwood, a metal sconce type candle holder, a wire basket, cardinal mini birdhouse, a ceramic birdhouse container, a BEAUTIFUL bottle bug, one of her handmade metal flowers, a dragonfly windchime, a lovely garden plaque, copper wire, bobbles, a little bird statue, and a GREAT koi statue too! Oh, and a little camper ornament...that won't blow away like our real one did! I can't even imagine how she got all of that in the box...and, as an extra bonus, I even got her taping gun!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU SYBLE!!! It was a blast opening everything and I LOVE them all!! There was so much stuff, I had to take two pictures to get it all.....YEEHA!!

{{gwi:128048}}

{{gwi:128049}}

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Oh Good Golly Miss Molly I totally forgot about the metal shelf. Actually truth be told hubby grabbed it so fast I just barely got to see it! LOL He hung it on the wall next to the backdoor so we can put our car keys in it. Works like a charm. It is white metal with bees cut out of the back and around the front, It is just toooooooo cute!

Thanks again Marlene!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOW, chelcass, sounds like you hit the jackpot with your SS gifts! There is a "SECRET SANTA PICS POST HERE" thread started so when you try your pics, you may want to go there..or even share your info without pics. TFS! Happy New Year to ya, GJ friend! Jeanne S.

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

I opened my SS gift from rere (Renata in TX) and was thrilled with my goodies. Some beautiful green napkins, a santa cloth, a stained glass to hang and a beautiful little plate. Thank you so much rere!
    {{gwi:128050}}From Secret Santa Gift

{{gwi:128051}}From Secret Santa Gift

{{gwi:128052}}From Secret Santa Gift

{{gwi:128053}}From Secret Santa Gift

Donna in Florida

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County