Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Post Here When You Receive Your Secret Santa

kirkus
15 years ago

This is the Official Post, stating you received your 2008 Secret Santa name. Let the FUN begin!!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (36)

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, it's almost 3 a.m. and Santa and Mrs. Claus are tuckered out. All of the Secret Santa names (47 in all) have been sent out tonight. For those of you who signed up for the Secret Santa Exchange, please let us know if you did not receive your name. Also, let us know if you did. (Several have already responded in the night...you night owls!) We'll check off names on our list.

Huntermom, if you're reading this, plaese send your address as soon as possible so we can forward it to your Secret Santa. Thank you!

Well, off to sleep land! Thanks for letting us organize the exchange again this year! Bear Hugs! Kirk and Carol ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

{{gwi:128056}}

• leveta
    15 years ago

I got mine...Thank you guys...What a sweet pic....

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Awwww....looks like Santa and his elf are fast asleep. Thanks again Kirk and Carol. I'm sure it was a long night. Sleep well. I got my SS name...Now the fun really begins...Micki

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Kirk & Carol - I rec'd my SS name! Thanks so much for your hard work...hope you get a nap in today! Jeanne S.

• plumbnelly
    15 years ago

Ho Ho Ho! I was excited to check my email this morning and receive my name. What a sweet picture! Thanks to Santa Kirk and Christmas Carol.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

So sweet!! Tonight you both can get an extra hour of sleep when the clocks get changed! I got my name last night! Thanks Kirk & Carol! Jan

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

beautiful photo,cute elf!!!!
    Time to get creative!!!!!!!!tanya

• midnitecrafter
    15 years ago

I am so excited, I received my SS name this morning! I
    am going to HAVE to go to my favorite thrift store today. Oh well so much for house cleaning. Thank You so much for organizing this, I know it takes alot of time. Cute picture, treasure the moment.

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Dear SS's:
    Kirkus Klaus, Carol Claus, & Super Supervisor Baby Ben:
    & Original Organizer Olivia:

Received my SS Notice !
    L@@King forward to this Special Secret Santa Super FUN ! ! !

Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Garden Treasure Hunting !!!
    It's so G R R R R R R R R R R R R E A T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    while trying to choose the
    Special gift for your SS Person...................
    You find a Million Treasures for EVERYONE !!!!
    Happy Junking ! ! !
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine
    (

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

27 people have already responded, saying they received their Secret Santas! 20 to go! Thank you! I can feel the excitement building. I'll soon start a post where you can share your planning and excitement! Your joy makes it all worthwhile!!! I'm dying to know who got me! I'm planning my gift today for my SS person. Merry Early Christmas! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

I absolutely love that picture!!

I received mine. I'm so excited!!

It's gonna be a great Christmas!

Thanks, Santa!!

~Sandy~

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

Got your email for the Secret Santa yesterday! Thank you so much for all you and Carol have done for this! Now I've got to figure out what and start the hunt. Who knows with all my garden junk (treasures) I may already have the gift in hand. Or I may just have to create something, thrifting, garage saling, dumpster diving, etc etc etc for it! :-)
    TTYL
    Love, Jules
    PS> after your long and exhausting time getting this list together that extra hour of sleep tonight may make the difference!

• melvie001
    15 years ago

Thanks Bear family! I received my Secret Santa name and they live far, far away from me!!! Hopefully I can come up with some Junky Garden fun for them!! Melvie

• misselaineous
    15 years ago

Whoops...think I posted on the wrong place...So...again..WooHoo! Got my Secret Santa name this morning...spent awhile going through some of her older posts to dig up more info. Can hardly wait till Monday so I can start thrifting with a new purpose... FUN!!! Thanks to Kirk & Carol & your sweet lil' Santa's helper! *elaine*

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for responding that you've received your Secret Santa name.. through this post or an e-mail to us. 37 peple have responded. Only 10 to go...then, I'll quit worrying. I have recieved e-mails of such excitement!!!!!!! This is going to be so much fun again this year!!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Bright199
    15 years ago

I responded by email but will also here! I got my secret santa receipient's name and will start planing what santa might think..............
    Thanks again to both of you. and that's a wonderful picture!!!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

I received my person's name and I ain't tellin' ....

nope I'm not saying a word :-)

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Hi Kirk and Carol...

Got my Secret Santa name and am all excited. Time to go looking for a neat gift....or maybe I will make something. Decisions, decisions... LOL Thanks again for all your hard work!

Donna in Florida

• clarejoe
    15 years ago

I got my secret santa! Can't wait to send it away!

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

I got mine! Thanks again for doing the organizing!

~~Mimi

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Thanks again, Kirk and Carol, (and your darling lil elf!)
    Love the pic, so cute!!!
    I got mine and I am sooo excited!!!! Lots of shopping and junking to do!Can't wait!!!!
    blessings-sherri

• kairethebloomingfool
    15 years ago

I got my SS name, already have a few ideas for them.

Have a great week.

Kairethebloomingfool

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

I replied to your e-mail, but I'll post here to. Got it and thanks again for hosting this. I am soooo excited!

• huntermom
    15 years ago

oH MY, Thought I had sent it. Please count me in

huntermom

edie_hunter_979@msn.com

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

YAHOO! I've heard back from 41 people! 6 to go! I'll be so glad when I hear from everyone. Then, I can stop worrying. Thanks Huntermon...can't wait to get your address for your SS. I'm loving everyone's excitement. Carol and I are plotting our gifts!!! Remember to post your planning and excitement on the post I started for it. This is going to be sooooooooooo much FUN! Bear Hugs! Kirk P.S. Snow is expected in our forecast this week. BRRRRRRRRRRRR!

• kelly_oh
    15 years ago

Sorry, I'm slow checking out conversations. I did receive my name, woohoo!! Yesterday I went to a local GW - this was painful - I was determined to ONLY look for a SS gift.

Well. There was a lamp. A very large, clear turquoisey colored glass lamp that would have made a gorgeous piece to a sculpture. Plus it was only $3!!! I eyeballed it, touched it and finally.... I didn't get it. I remained strong and did NOT buy it. I will probably regret it for a long time.
    I wanted to share the experience, I know you will all feel my pain.... :) BTW, I did find a couple things for SS and for a co-worker!! Success!!

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

Sorry I'm late in responding but I got my SS name.
    A-shopping I will go, a-shopping I will go!
    Hey-ho the merry-o, a-shopping I will go!
    Laisse les bon temps roulez!

• ellens_joy
    15 years ago

Kirk, So sorry that I'm so late in responding. I got my Secret Santa name and am so tickled with whom I got. Thanks for all the work that you and Carol put into making this work. Ellen

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Well, I already emailed you about receiving my Secret Santa, but I thought I should post here too! Got my name and the wheels in my little brain are already turning! Can't wait til I have time to shop! This is so much fun!! Thanks to you Kirk and Carol for all the work you do in organizing this event!!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you everyone! All but one person has responded to our e-mail! That's fantastic!!! Huntermom, we worry our many e-mails are not getting to you... or our e-mails are going to your Spam folder. If you read this, please, oh, please send us your name and address so your Secret Santa person knows to whom and where to send a gift. Thanks sooooooooo much.

We have received some pretty excited e-mails from Secret Santa's! This is going to be such a fun experience!!!

Santa Hugs! Kirk and Carol

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Hopefully I'm not that last person because you didn't get my email! lol! I got my recipient and am thrilled that they seem very easy to buy for. I've got a number of ideas churning in my head!

Thanks again to Kirk and Carol (and their little elves) for putting this all together! Love the picture of Santa Kirk and his little helper. You guys rock!

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

I also emailed back.But wanted to say I'm so excited about SS again this year.It brings the kid out in this grandma.
    Thanks again Kirk and Carol.Happy shopping everyone!

• chelcass
    15 years ago

I posted on the other side but just remembered to post on this side............sorry! I have my SS name and everything bought, sorted and now just need to find a box. This is so much more fun then the other exchanges I am in. I adore junking!! Don't even get me started on Freecycling!! I have to go tomorrow and pick up a 6 drawer dresser (to hold all my supplies) and hopefully a 6ft christmas tree for our christmas display we do every year. Is there anything better then *free* lol

Hugs, ChelCass

• katishooked
    15 years ago

I have mt SS name,Picked out everything I liked and have been narrowing the list down to the best to send. My first exchange and am so looking forward to see what great mind has chosen to send. Like being a kid again, not knowing what's under the tree. Now I am asked, what do you want or like, so know what am getting.

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

I got my SS present ready to ship out(-: I hope my SS person is going to like it(-: I think its pretty cool(-:

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

I'm excited! My first time to participate. I Have my SS gift ready to go.