Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

For new comers...the old woman and her hubby the old man!

kirkus
15 years ago

There are so many new people on the forum. Sandy mentioned in a recent post about THE OLD WOMAN... People may not know who she is... someone who has entered our homes, taken over, and does unspeakable things!!!! LOL

Well, her husband, the old man, keeps coming around our house. He has tangled our outdoor Christmas lights. Once I had them untangled, he messed with the bulbs so the strands wouldn't work. When I tried to find my glasses so I could work on the lights, he hid my glasses! Once I found my glasses, he hid the tools I needed! I looked everywhere for them.

The old man promised my wife I would change the smoke detector batteries this Thanksgiving weekend. Well, I looked for the batteries and the old fart hid them!!! I had to go to the store to buy new ones. When I returned home, my wife had found the hidden batteries! That sneaky old man...

I'm frightened to think what the old man and woman are planning over the holidays! Share your stories! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (9)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

While Hubs (ya'll remember Hubs wont let me call him DH because that means something else at our house.) was installing a music speaker system in the attic of the house December 2007. The old man caused Hubs to fall through the ceiling in the foyer area, coving our beautiful Christmas tree, dinning table (fully set for guests), and grown son (dressed in black sweater and slacks) with fluffy loose insulation.(This was 45 minutes before guests were coming to dinner.) Hubs insisted that the old man was responsible and should do the repairs. However he did manage to vaccumn the Christmas tree, and to staple black plastic garbage bags to the ceiling before dinner guests arrived, Lovely!!!

Six months later since the old man couldn't be pinned down, Hubs put back up the busted sheet rock puzzle pieces with 2 dozen screws, again lovely!!!

Here we are December 2008 almost, and the old man keeps forgetting to finish the sheetrock repair. I hate to get ugly about it and fuss. The next best thing was to invite Hubs' family over for Christmas this year. This incentive better work. Otherwise that old women that moved in here (who has much less tact, has Peri-Mental-Paws, and could tick-off the Pope) will showcase said ceiling story detail, after detail, after detail. Then she will point at Hubs and he will be giggled at and blamed for all of the trouble the old man caused him this year.

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Wow....these Old Farts really get around, don't they?? They have been at my house for the last few weeks....losing things, dropping things, and forever hiding things from my DH and me! I think we need a revolt!! :-)

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Chuckles about Kirk losing glasses and batteries. Hubby does the same thing, daily lol.

The old woman is even worse ... ~tenderlee

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

For those of you who weren't here last Christmas...the Old Woman was very pushy...even getting in our family snapshots. She took a particular liking to my DH!

As you can see in this one, some of the grand-kids were rather amused! And a couple of the girls look like they're gritting their teeth!

{{gwi:128072}}

She didn't try to get her picture taken with me...but she sure like having it taken with DH!!
    {{gwi:127306}}

I can hardly wait to see what she pulls this Christmas! Thanksgiving was touch and go!!

~Sandy~

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

LOL what a riot(-: The old lady here can't remember things to buy at the store. I write a list and she hides it. Geez what can we do? She turns on the water and forgets to turn it off during the summer too!!!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Great pics Sandy, what a fine bunch of grandkids! Beautiful children! each and every one just adorable :-)

And the old woman is looking mighty fine lol ... ~tenderlee

• leveta
    15 years ago

You all are a hoot...The old women...Hmmmmm, you know I have one too...She lives here with us. I call her....Mom!!!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

LOOK WHAT SHOWED UP AT MY HOUSE! Not the old man, nor the old woman! But this character! Last yr. he popped out from behind the tree that had to be removed...and this yr. has been replaced with a arbor bird sanctuary! I suppose DH has something to do with this...it's his and our son's Christmas spirit soarin' high! Eh gads! Jeanne S.
    p.s. The snow is from last night and today...about 5".

{{gwi:128073}}

"You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch!"

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Kirk,

Thanks for the fun thread. Had no idea that the old man was up to no good that far out of town.

Sandy,

Beautiful grandbabies!! You are blessed. Great to see your Dear Husband! Love the Old Woman!

Jeanne,

Your Grinch is cool!!! That snowy picture makes me shiver. Hope ya'll are staying bundled up.

Susie

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County