Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Moving ...

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

I am sick and tired of listening to the elephants stomping around upstairs from me. It is going on 3:00 a.m. and they are still at it. They don't sit or sleep and apparently don't have jobs either. Even our guests wonder what in the heck they are doing up there. I never had an upstairs neighbor make so much noise walking around as these people do. So Bob and I are moving in January.

I found an apartment not far from where we live now. Unfortunately it doesn't have a balcony. *sniffle* So I won't be able to have a "garden". So I will continue to lurk here but won't contribute anything. Not that I often did anyway. lol

Hopefully one day Bob and I will have a house with a yard and I'll be able to make glass totems and plate flowers to my heart's content. Until then, if I contribute anything it will probably be at the craft forum. Or as Bob would put it the crap forum. lol

Comments (9)

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I hope you will continue to join us HERE! I don't have the capability to post pictures, and don't do as much as I used to, and make things for the garden. (My DD posts for me once in awhile). But I still like it here and hope you will come regularly...

• garden2garden
    14 years ago

Had to laugh, Luna, that's what my dh says too is 'arts 'n crap'.

Not contribute? Don't be silly, you contribute your ideas and your lively imagination and sense of humor plus kind words and encouragement here all the time, that's what it's all about. There's no rule that says you have to have a real outside garden.

I'm glad you found another place it is miserable living where you can't stand the neighbors. Hope it works out better for you.

• kirkus
    14 years ago

You better keep posting! You encourage and inspire us with ideas PLUS Carol and I appreciate your sense of humor! Wish I lived closer. I would bring my pick-up over to help you guys move!!! Good luck on the move! We're finding that moving is a great way to help us declutter a few things! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Yrs ago my MIL said she had awfully noisy walkers moved in above her. Wow, they came home about time we went to bed & it was like elephants,other people had been so quiet. Lucky for her they didn't stay long. You need rest & relaxation when you get home from work, not a stampede! LOL Hope you'll be able to move into your own home 1 of these days with room to have a desk & garden area! If you have a sunny little spot you can make it look like a bit of garden with couple of plants, birdhouse, tiny gazing ball etc. it would hold you over until you have the space you need! Be careful moving, no trips or falls!! Hugs, Jan

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Good luck, luna! Hope you enjoy your new place & of course, you must stick with us! Love your ideas & comments! Let us know when you get settled in! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I wasn't tired when I wrote that above!Been getting 5 hours of sleep a night if that! Been at hospital since wed. night, most of time! Dad came home yesterday & is doing great, very small stroke. Little trouble with right hand gripping small things & bites inside of mouth occasionally but walks fine & feels good! Anyway it should have been deck & garden area above!! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I will continue to lurk and comment here, never fear! lol! Y'all are so inspirational. I even show your work to other friends who aren't members here. I always have someone ooooing or aaahing over someone's fantastic creation.

I'm not looking forward to packing ... always hated it ... but I love moving somewhere new because it gives me a chance to purge and start anew.

Jan, I'm glad to hear that your Dad is doing well after his stroke! Mine went through something similar years ago. He had a minor stroke and refused to call an ambulance. He called my mother (they were separated), who then called me and I had to rush home from work to take her to his apartment. We called the ambulance when we got there. Luckily he recovered and it didn't affect his speech or walking. Pretty scary business though!

Maybe at my new place, I'll do like my uncle did and put a bird feeder outside the window. He had one set up so his cat could watch the birds while sitting in his inside cat tree. My uncle, who died about 6 years ago, lived in the apartment next to the one I'm moving into before he died. The manager of the building actually remembered him ... he was the bald guy with the big handlebar mustache and the cat named Chauncey.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Glad you found a new place Luna! And for goodness sake, please do keep posting! And, there are always ways to be a garden junker....send us pix and we'll figure it out for you! Best of luck in your move!

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

Good luck with the move, I don't envy you. I will look foward to hearing from you on the forum. You are one of the cheeriest posters on the forum, you can't forget about us.
    Syble

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County