Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlily_gw

Prayers for my Dear Hubby

jlily
14 years ago

I want to thank you all for the prayers and good wishes for my DH who was fighting 2 lung cancers. He endured 35 Chemo treatments and 33 Radiology treatments. We hoped so that we were seeing progress-but we were not. He passed on Nov. 4- from an artery being broken open by the tumor's letting loose. NOT a pleasant death but he was saved a horriffic long lasting lung cancer death. I am so thankful for that for him.

My last Chemo I suffered from bad allergic reactions. My hands and feet swole up and burned like they had been burned-with pins and needle stickings. They are are in the process of peeling. My throat and tongue swelled also.

I also have been busy trying to make up for time sent with DH getting the winterizing done.

Today I am going back for my 6th chemo out of 8. I surely wish for more of your wonderful prayers. I don't think I could take any more like tha last one.

Thanking all of my Garden Junk friends for Staying with me in thought. Love, Jlily

Comments (26)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Oh....I am SO sorry about your wonderful husband...I know he endured so many hardships. I know that he is no longer in pain and that God welcomed him with open arms. I will continue to think of you and wish you continued strength. God bless you jlily.....

((Big Hug))

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that all that treatment your DH endured didn't work. Glad he went fairly quickly in the end. So hard to watch them suffer. Now it all falls on you to keep up with the house, yard etc. Be sure to take a day for yourself every so often to go to lunch with a friend or curl up with a good book & "take care of you". Christmas will be hard so plan a few fun things with friends or GK's- make cookies, take in a movie, I hear the new Mary Poppins movie has some Fred Astaire like dancing that is wonderful, take GK's caroling in neighborhood. Just really helps. I lost my DH in Sept. many yrs ago so it will be hard getting through holidays, but changing a lot of things around will help. Don't have to spend money, invite old friend over, visit a nursing home friend, window shop or even sit in car & watch people shop. If you have snow make a snowman in your front yard.Don't feel like decorating for Christmas-bring in some pine or spruce sprigs, etc & add a candle & few colored ball ornaments, it will lift your spirits. See what's new in books at the library. I always liked antiques, I checked out books at library & ended up asking for books on antiques for gifts from family, you can spend hours looking & studying 1 book. Get a watercolor paint pad & some cheap watercolors & see if you have any talent. New hobby can do wonders.Life won't be the same but it can be good if you work at it!! Hugs & prayers, Jan

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way, jlily...may God hold you in His arms as you receive another treatment. May He provide you peace of mind with wonderful memories of your DH and family blessings in your life. Take many deep breaths and exhalations remembering to turn to Him, your family and friends...you are not alone, dear woman. From a GJ friend, Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

My heart goes out to you, along with some special prayers. I can't even imagine what ya'll have been and are going through. Jan had some really good ideas to help make it through the holidays. I hope your next treatment leaves you feeling better than the last one.
    Syble

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Just remember sweet friend that your Chemo treatments could very well work and you will get well! Even though your husband's treatment was not a success does not mean that you cant win your fight! I pray a renewed will to live and a strength that will carry you through these next treatments. Your life may take on a whole new purpose after you pull through this.

KEEP ON TRUCKIN'SISTA!!!!! YOU WILL BE LEFT WITH AN INVINSIBLE STRENGTH WHEN THIS IS OVER. YOUR EXAMPLE WILL BE A GIFT TO MANY PEOPLE.

• daisydal
    14 years ago

It seems so unfair sometimes what we are given to deal with. You are my new inspiration for strength, Jlily. My heart hurts for you and I know you are grieving as well as being in so much pain. God has not forsaken you, continue to place your trust in Him. Have Faith for a glorious recovery because angels are all around you.We don't understand, yet. But all of our answers are waiting for us in Heaven. This is just our trials and tribulations period. Your crown is going to be beautiful for all you have endured. My prayers are with you.
    blessings-sherri

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I am sending prayers your way. It has been a little over 2 years since I lost Bill to 2 types of cancer, one being lung cancer. You will find the strength to go on, and God will be with you in your own struggle with that dreadful disease. Hopefully your next treatment will be different
    than the last. Bless you!

• princess_mimi
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your Dear Husband. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Folks here are good support and I'm sure that you have support people in your life at home. Lean on them when you need to.

Life does seem to get overwhelming sometimes but then I remember that "the Lord tries those that he loves". Then I think.....I must be His favorite! Sounds like you're on his list of favorites too!

Keep a smile in your heart when you can't keep one on your face.

We love you.

~~Mimi

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Jlily, I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your husband.
    There really are no words, nor can I begin to imagine what you've been thru. You have been, and will remain, in my heart and prayers.
    Especially am praying now the doctors can do something to keep you from having such a bad reaction to the next treatment.
    I hope you have help and all the normal chores, like preparing for winter, don't fall totally on your shoulders.

Wishing you strength, in body and spirit.
    Thank you too for being able to come here and let us know what has happened.

hugs from my heart,
    Karen

• leveta
    14 years ago

My heart felt condolences and I'm so sorry that your health is fragile. Pleas take time for yourself...

• jlily
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for your prayers and support.

My chemo has been changed to a weaker one. So far no bad reactions. I will have to take 6 treatments of this one-one a week. One down. So 5 to go.

Our fmily will all be here for Thanksgiving-my middle son coming home to fix the turkey. That will be a treat.

Blessings to you all. Love, Jlily

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Glad to hear they lowered the dose so you wouldn't get so sick! Hope rest of them go smoothly so should be able to start New Year without any more treatments!! Hugs & prayers for speedy recovery & safe travel for your DS & family members coming for Thanksgiving. Hope there are some wonderful leftovers to freeze so you don't have to cook so much for yourself. Jan

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Good news, jlily..thinking of you & happy to hear that an adjustment was made & worked for you. :-)

God bless & enjoy your family-time over the holidays! Jeanne S.

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Jily, so sorry about the loss of your dear husband. I'm glad that your treatments are getting a little easier. I hope that you have lots of family and friends nearby for the holidays.
    Kathy

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Thinking of you today Jlily and sending a special prayer just for you. How's the chemo treatments going?
    Vickie

• leveta
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to read about Dear Hubby...My heart felt prayers to you...

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I've been thinking about you & hoping you are finished with the chemo! I know it will be a hard Christmas with DH. My 1st 1 was but I had family & babies around from relatives so that helped. Hope you have friends & relatives to help you through it. Hugs & prayers that 2010 will go much better for you!! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Jlily, I am so sorry to hear that your husband passed. How devastating it must be for you! Especially with what you are enduring. You and your medical team will be in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((HUGS)))))

Kathy

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Jlily, my thots and prayers are with you. You have endured so much already. Hope you and yours will have a peaceful and joyous Christmas season. Bless you.

Kat

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Sad to read this post Jlily. So very sorry that your husband passed.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatments! I hope to hear some good news from you with a bit of time. Please keep us posted when possible.

Hugs ~tenderlee

• jlily
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for the prayers and kind thoughts. I still have 2 treatments to go. I got a virus and had to be hospitalized for a bit. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back on schedule.

Merry Christmas to all! Love, Jlily

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

jlily .. good to hear from you & am glad you are over the virus...it's been wicked for alot of people! Ok, 2 more to go...continued good thoughts & prayer continuing...you are not alone, dear woman...God will be holding you in His hands. So, hang in there! Blessings to you and your family through this time of illness & the loss of your DH. Keep talking all those good memories this holiday season! Hugs to you, Jeanne S.

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Yes...BIG BEAR HUGS to you. Carol and I will be lifting you up in prayer this holiday season. Keep your hubby's memory alive...remember the wonderful times. We lost my parents and brother right before Christmas... made it through by remembering the good times. On a side note, my Dad had bought Christmas presents for us boys right before he died...you can imagine the joy as we we opened his gifts on Christmas Day. We'll be thinking of you. Bear Hugs! Kirk

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Jilly, glad you are down to last 2 hope it is last 2 ever!! Hope you are with friends & family for Christmas (& that they do all the work) Hugs & prayers that you will heal completely!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Jlily, its good to hear from you. Tho being so sick with a virus and in the hospital not so good news. You will stay in my thoughts and prayers as you get thru two more treatments, and this 'first' Christmas.
    May you be surrounded with love from family and friends.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, jlily. I agree with Jan, I hope these last two treatments are your last 2 ever. Merry Christmas too!

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro