Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katishooked

Happy Thanksgiving

katishooked
15 years ago

To all who hang out here on this wonderful forum, may you and yours have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. I want to say thank you for your support, help and advice that I have received thru the year.

Happy Thanksgiving

Kathy

Comments (13)

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

And I would like to add my wishes as well to everyone here at GJ that each one of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I am thankful to have found this forum and for meeting such wonderful people here!

Blessings to each of you!
    Marlene

• leveta
    15 years ago

Wish a Thanksgiving Blessing to those near and far...

God Bless.....

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Sending my blessings to this group of very talented & creative super-junkers. Ya'll have a blessed Thanksgiving full of love & joy from family & friends, for you truly deserve the best.
    Vickie

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving indeed! Now I've got to get off this computer and start working on tomorrow's meal. Hope everyone has a warm and peaceful day with the ones you love. ~tenderlee

• treasureforu
    15 years ago

Busy cleaning for the special day but had to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope your holiday is safe and special. I have so much to be grateful for including this wonderful garden junk board!

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Yes, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all! My Garden Web Junking friends mean the world to me. Since we moved to the country 8 years ago, friends have drifted away although we tried to maintain the friendships. Distance makes things hard... Carol and I are having a low-key Thanksgiving with just us and our 2 youngest children, Olivia (8) and Benjamin (1 1/2). Our 2 oldest will be elsewhere. Our son Tyler (21) was just stationed in Italy in the Army for 3 years after serving 2 years in Iraq. Our daughter Sarah (18) will be working. We will take dinners to Carol's parents later in the day as they are elderly and get overwhelmed by holidays and the hub-bub. A low-key Thanksgiving Day but am so looking forward to it after the busyness of parent-teacher conferences. Again, thank you, my Garden Junking friends!!!! You're THE BEST! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:128093}}

• katishooked
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaa Kirk I love your little family pix. What a darling pic this is. Thanks for the the laugh.

Kathy

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I've got to run and stuff my ham and spiral my turkey. Hubs wont know the difference. He would eat cardboard and peanut butter and call it steak.

If there is anyone out there who makes homemade caramel cake, think of me. My mom used to make them. Today is the 3rd year anniversary of loosing Mom. It's one of those things that I forgot to ask Mom how to make.

With Greatful heart,

Susie

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

A Happy Thanksgiving from my home to yours :D It's hard to face the holidays after losing a loved one.
    Here is a link of Caramel cake recipes. Maybe one is close to the one you remember.
    Cherry/Kudzu

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

I wish all my blessed friends a Happy Thanksgiving .
    I'm Thankful to have so many wonderful friends in my life - online friends that gave their heart to me , and my one real life friend ,that I cherish. I'm the luckiest person in the world .

(((((((((((( Everybody )))))))))))))

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

It was a beautiful day & 1st time I had seen any of the fire damage, much more widespread than the news had told. But the 2 inches of rain we had sure was wonderful & today was in low 70's. We all sat at same table-that is 1st time in probably 20 yrs. Bro's family is marrying off & my daughter with her DH family. Quiet & enjoyable a real treat!!And home safely!! Hope everyone else had a good day & much to be thankful for, prayers & warm thoughts to those going through troubled times that they will soon resolve for brighter days ahead!!Jan

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

oh my.......I forgot to add the link! I'm so sorry!

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=caramel+cake

I just wanted to say Good Luck to those who are going to brave Black Friday....not me,though! whew....I love Walmart, but every ordinary day of shopping there is nerve wracking! I had to go day before Thanksgiving and people were parked near Highway 49!! Can you just imagine how it will be today? Hoss and I did the 4am shopping thing ONCE..it took us longer to wait in line to get out than it did to shop!
    Also, if you have to work today...bless your heart!
    Kudzu

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Thank you Kudzu! I will check the link and get heavier as I try each caramel cake recipe. You are so sweet.

Hubs got up and went to Black Friday Shopping today. I lost my shopping savy after reading the story of the Walmart Employee getting killed while letting the mob into the store. If that is the 'frenzy' that sale prices cause, I'll just stay home and make homemade gifts. Life is too short to spend it standing in line.

I shared the succulent wreath picture and our Forum with all of the ladies at Thanksgiving. Everyone left there with the desire to make one of the wreaths. It was great fun Thanks to ya'll.

Susie