Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
princess_mimi

Prayers for us too, please!

princess_mimi
15 years ago

We have had a crazy week. I believe that I can see God's hand in all that is happening in my life but would very much appreciate your prayers. It's kind of a long story but here it is.

First of all, if you don't know me, My DH and I have five sons ages 5, 8, 10, 13, and 15. They are not getting any smaller and our house isn't getting any bigger. We have put contracts on 3 houses in the last year and all of them fell through for strange reasons. We just figured that God had a different plan for us and we needed to stay put, at least for a while. Then the phone rings Friday and it's a friend. She had just talked with her pediatrician and he is looking for a house. In fact, he pretty much described our house! He has been practicing in a very bad part of town for the last 35 years serving families in crisis who are impoverished. He is in a position to pay cash for our current home if he likes it. He wants to move in before Christmas. He'll see what he thinks of our house this coming weekend.

Well, I took a look for what was available in our area and found a great five bedroom house with a half acre lot. The thing that has me excited is that it is owned by a pastor with four children, one of whom is handicapped. They are moving to Virginia to a new ministry and need to leave soon. They need to get out from under their current mortgage quickly so that they can get a home in VA. Their home is in poor condition and shows very poorly so that it will be a long time on the market. The house is sound structurally and I love to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse!

That puts us in the position of being able to help out two deserving families and also get us out of our little house in a little yard where we a constantly stepping on each other.

Please, pray for us and the other two families so that we can all get into better situations. It all seems like such a "God thing" to me. I'm trying not to get too excited but it's hard! I hope that this is truly God's will for all of us.

Thanks!

~~Mimi

Comments (19)

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

sounds like a happy ending is needed indeed! Prayers in my heart for all involved

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Sure sounds like God is in the midst of your situation for sure! I'll be praying for a blessing for you and your family!

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

When it seems the most impossible that's the time when you just have to see God working all the details out! You are on my prayers. So, when should you know all the answers? 1, 2 or 3 weeks? Let us know.
    Love, Jules

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Mimi, first of all, you have done the most important thing-giving it to God. Isn't it a wonderful feeling to see things manifested in Christ's love and mighty hands? Just remember, do not get discouraged, it might not happen just like you want it too, but Gods timing is not like ours. I pray for this to be of God, through God and with God. I will pray for patience above all for you and that he will give you wisdom for your decisions. Keep the faith, girl!
    if you are like me, you have already layed awake at night and have pretty much remodeled, painted and furnished the whole house already!! I love projects like that!
    Keep us informed!
    blessings-sherri

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Mimi, sounds good all around but can you get the house you are interested in inspected by a pro. to be sure no termites, major plumbing problems or electrical, God does expect us to use our good judgement too.Better to pay for pro inspection than to find out you are in a lemon. I'll be happy to pray for you & that it will all work out for the best!! Your kids need more room and with 5 kids you folks need a change!! Hoping it is just what all 3 families need!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Mimi, the way things have all fallen into place, just seems this was "meant to be" for all of you. Prayers for a wonderful new home that you and all your guys can spread out and enjoy.

hugs, Karen

• princess_mimi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone! The doctor will see our home this weekend so we will know if we can move forward after that. The whole thing hinges on him buying our house. After that I figure the dominoes will all just fall.

Keep praying! I know we are!

~~Mimi

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Thinking of you, Mimi, and sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your family...in the end, it all comes out in the wa(r)sh! That's the way some of us pronounce it here it Iowa! Jeanne S.

• princess_mimi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Everyone! The Doctor comes today after church so pray extra hard this morning! I know I will.

~~Mimi

• princess_mimi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, Doctor Cutler cam and saw our house today. He liked a lot about it. He especially liked my junk wall! He has some reservations about the stairs (we have a split entry) but is interested enough to bring his friend for a second look.

Thanks for your prayers. Keep on praying!

~~Mimi

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Mimi~

I was thinking about you yesterday. I sure hope things will work out for you....I know how important this is for your family! I'm continuing to pray for you!

Marlene

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Mimi ~ hope things are working out peachy for you! Sending positive thoughts your way! ~tenderlee

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Dear Princess:
    I am ALWAYS remembering you & your precious family in my
    prayers....
    and especially at this time...........
    L@@KS like God has a Special Plan for YA'LL ! ! !
    Keep us informed !
    God Bless !
    Your GJ Buddy
    SusieSunshine
    (

• princess_mimi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thought I'd keep you all posted. The Doctor is really dragging his feet. I think that he has lost interest in our house so we will be staying put. Oh, well! At least I got lots of those little jobs that I never seem to get to done!

Thanks again for all your prayers!

~~Mimi

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Well, Mimi...sometimes God just wants us to wait. I've found that usually things work out for an even better good than I could see in the present! I'll continue to think of you and your family.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

You'll see...things will work out for the best...in God's time! Someday, you will look back at all of this and say, "Thank God it worked out the way it did!"

Eight years ago, after searching for over two years, we didn't find our house...it found us! How many times have we thought about the houses we looked at and could have had...and are so thankful things worked out the way God planned for them to. You too will end up with the home you and your family are supposed to have.

Patience and faith!

~Sandy~

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Sorry things didn't work out but as the others said it's often for best. I went out with a deposit for house & got there 2 hrs early I was 1st one in the door & they told me 3 left-what??? 1 on top of hill,1 by hiway & other crammed in corner. I was so upset,mom suggested homes near her, no way we could afford those, talked to lady realtor & ate lot of scrambled eggs & tomato soup & moved in about a yr later. We were so grateful that 1st house didn't work out, more time on roads going to work, less time we would have had with kids, nicer house, bigger.And best part was couple of yrs later the houses we didn't get ended up with rain in many of them & huge lawsuits!!And it was hilly area so would have lots of fire scares. Sometimes it is just not right time so hope your special house comes along soon! Jan

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

My super philosophical, faithfilled husband recently quoted a Garth Brookes song when I was puzzled about some things that happened in my life.

"Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers".

Yes God hears our prayers. Yes He knows the yearnings of our hearts. Yes He cares. But He knows the future, we dont. That is where "Trust" has to come into play. That is the hardest part for me. To "rest and wait on Him". Write that on a note and stick it to the bathroom mirror (I need it tatood to my forearm.)

Susie

• princess_mimi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks again everyone! I know that it always works out for the best. I keep reminding myself that the folks in Argentina that my husband served on his mission would be thrilled to have as much space as we do. I also LOVE what I've done with our suburban cottage. I'll be making gable decorations to put up in the spring. We have 3 peaks that face the street. They need some pretties!

Who knows...Maybe come spring the Doc will decide he can't live without our house and we will find a big house in the country with some real acreage!

For now I'm sewing up Christmas presents Like a crazy person!

~~Mimi

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living