Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Okay, I Have This Idea! Let's Have a LIVE Chat on Saturday!

kirkus
15 years ago

I saw this on Carol's (my wife) wine making forum. Let's have a chat post!!!! I feel like I know all of you so well! You have encouraged me and inspired me! Sooooo, on Saturday, November 29th, at 7:00 p.m. (PST), I'm going to start a LIVE post to chat on the CONVERSATIONS side! Join in!!! I think it will be LOTS of fun! We can talk about garden creations, Secret Santa, whatever pops into our minds!! Won't this be FUN!!!? Whoever joins in, I'll see ya there! Bear Hugs! Kirk P.S. You'll have to figure out your time zone in relation to mine (PST)!

Comments (19)

• leveta
    15 years ago

That's one better then what I was thinking. I thought maybe all who could, post a pic. so we can put face with name...

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Why can't we do both....would be really nice to be able to put a face with who is talking...

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Wow. Can we do this?? I'm glad you guys are up on all this technology....so, are you going to explain to us what we need to do to join in. It will be 10 p.m. here in VA, but I'm game! How do we go about posting a picture so that it's visible that night? H-E-L-P!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Kirk,

I dont know if I should say "I'm Up With That" or "I'm down with that". But yes that would be great.

Going through 'Peri-mental-paws' and am up all night anyway.(LOL but dead serious.)

Tell us what we need to know to be hooked in.

Susie

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm so glad you are interested in this idea. I've been thinking about doing it for quite some time. Just sign onto the Conversations side of the forum at 7 p.m. (PST) Saturday night and we can chat!!! This will be sooooooo much FUN!!!! I'll start the post at 7 p.m. and we can start "talking" until we run out of breath. :o) Marlene, to post a picture, you would do it however you normally post a picture. Can't wait to visit with garden junking friends!!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Sounds like a great idea!! Are you talking chatting in this forum?
    Why not just chat in a real "chatroom"? You could do that on my blog(-: I have a live chatroom if anyone is interested? It would be real time. The pictures won't work I don't think but the chatroom works just fine. You don't have to register if you don't want to either.

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

whoops forgot the link. Click below... Feel free to chat whenever you want. Some people have IM's but I find IM's to be a pain unless you really want to sit and chat all the time because once someone gets your IM name whenever you sign on you may be asked to chat. Chatrooms are great and you can chat whenever you feel like it.

Here is a link that might be useful: cindees garden chatroom

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Cindee for the great idea!!!! I'll still be here on the Conversations side of the forum on Saturday for those who want to visit. This will be so much fun! Kirk

• leveta
    15 years ago

Bumping this up also....

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

If anyone needs to know their time zone in relation to Kirk's try this link.

http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/time_zone.shtml

• leveta
    15 years ago

How many hrs between Pac. And central?

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Gonna brew a pot of coffee just to stay up until 10EST lol. I've been going to bed with the chickens since the grandkids are here visiting.

But I wouldn't miss the chance to chat with you all! It's a date! ~tenderlee

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

I will be here too. Coffee sounds good to me too(-:

• melvie001
    15 years ago

I'd like to join in with all of you but HOLY CATS! thats 10pm in PA and I go to bed early. Plus I'm on call for work, so unless I'm coming home from work at 10pm on Sat night, I will be joining in my dreams only. I feel bad too because I made a pre2009 resolution to contribute more to Garden Junk instead of just lurking in the shadows!! Melvie

• treasureforu
    15 years ago

I will try to be here also. I have never really done a live chat on a forum. Not sure how well it will work. I am game for trying it and if it does not flow well we can always borrow Cindees chatroom later. (PLLLLeaaasee Cindee would you be kind enough to let us borrow if the chat on here won't work?)
    Mindy

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Cindee has been soooo kind to let us use her chatroom if the forum idea doesn't work... We'll have to each download a free program if we don't have it on our computers. It'll be much faster Cindee's way. Will play around with it before Saturday. This will be soooo much fun no matter how we do it. Thanks for letting me experiment with the idea. I've wanted to do this for quite some time! I love my Garden Junking friends! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

I'm confused, are we on for chat here or at Cindee's place? Or are we going to try here and then move to Cindee's if it doesn't work out?
    I'm not sure I'll still be awake then but I'll try!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

nmgirl, I just posted a post about the LIVE Chat. On Saturday night at 7 p.m. (EST), people will come to the Conversations side of the forum and then click on the link to Cindee's private Garden Chat Room. I think this is going to be so much FUN! I'm soooooooo looking forward to it!!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

After problems with the link, I'll start a post on the CONVERSATIONS side of the forum on Saturday night, and people can post on the post when everyone is LIVE at the time. Kirk