Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Cardinal Pics for those who love cardinals!

jeannespines
15 years ago

I love taking pics...this is out the LR window last Jan. Some of you said on the discussion side (arbor bird sanctuary) that you loved birds...so wanted to share. Jeanne

{{gwi:128232}}

Comments (17)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's some more cardinal pics...we love feeding the birds and enjoy them especially in the winter! I make photo cards for farmers' market and a few crafting shows. Enjoy it so much! The new bird santuary (arbor) hopefully will draw them back this winter! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:128233}}

The cardinal "twins!"

{{gwi:128234}}

{{gwi:128235}}

{{gwi:128236}}

And, some of you like Bluejays...they are beautiful but not as friendly to other birds. Bluejay "twins!"

{{gwi:128237}}

{{gwi:128238}}

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Jeanne,

The cardinals are just gorgeous. What a blessing to have that kind of view. You really know how to operate that camera!
    There was snow on your arbor on the earlier post. Is it snowing at your house?????
    I have been carrying groceries and sweating and imagining how it would feel to sit a while in your Bird Arbor.

Susie (feel like I know you now that I've seen your pic from last year's secret santa!)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

What wonderful photos! I'm sighing with envy. No pretty birds here in Phoenix like that. Not to mention no snow, LOL. Thank you for a lovely "view".

hugs, Karen

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Beautiful photos, I LOVE the birds in the snow.

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Beautiful!
    kathy

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Exceptional photos Jeanne! Magazine perfect. I can almost smell the cold air & maybe a fireplace burning somewhere nearby ... ~tenderlee

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Lovely photos i love to shoot wildlife too.With my camera!

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

WOW!!! Your pictures are wonderful! Love the cardinals! You are very talented with a camera. I can never get such a good close up. These would make great cards! Thanks for sharing them with us!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks for the treat!! The cardinals are so beautiful & Blue jays so much more colorful than our scrub jays They are just grayish with dull blue over the head shoulders & little on wings. Not lovely blue!!!You are so lucky to have such great birds. I do have hummers all yr long so that is fun!! Hard to get pics tho.They are so little.Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Thank goodness those colorful feathered friends stick it out through the snow and cold! My heart always lightens when I see a Cardinal during the winter months. They are easily seen against the gray bare trees and snow. Your pictures are all gorgeous. The Blue Jay in the bottom photo almost looks like he is posing as if to say, "Yes, I am stunning!" Even the female Cardinals look lovely. Thanks so much for sharing!

• cait1
    15 years ago

Those pics are AMAZING!!! You are a very good photographer. I also love how their bright colors stand out in the snow. Looks like you have a bit of paradise there.

Thanks for posting them. I miss those birds a lot. I'm gonna save those pics and put them on my desktop!!

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

When we moved here to our country home (converted barn) it was a couple of weeks before Christmas.

That first Christmas morning my husband and I woke up to snow, beautiful fluffy sparkly snow.
    We have 11 pine trees surrounding the barn. Of course the snow covered the pine branches. I looked out the front window , and there sitting on one of the pine branches was a bright red Cardinal. It looked like a Christmas card, all white with some green and red. I wish I would have had a camera ready at the time. It was just so perfect.
    It gave us that warm fuzzy Christmas feeling. As we sat and drank a cup of Hot Cocoa and a Christmas cookie.

I hope we have fresh snow for Christmas this year.

patti

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh patti, I just love unusual converted homes like that! Lucky you! Wish you'd share some pics sometime. ~tenderlee

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

On the inside it looks pretty much like a reg. home....

I was so anxious for the walls to be put up on the inside...then when they were up and I walked in I was disappointed, because it lost the barn feel. But I love my home...

I've posted this many times before...I should take a different one....I have plans to put shelves under the front windows. I saw a picture on one of the blogs of White washed clay pots full of pinecones and greenery. I think I would love that on the front.

Anyway...here it is....

{{gwi:128239}}

this is my view out the front door

{{gwi:128240}}

patti

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

From myself and the other newbies who haven't seen these pics, patti, Thanks! I love your place in the country! You're living the good life! Your home looks so peaceful and in tune with nature. ~tenderlee

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks for the pics Patti, lovely home, looks so inviting I love old barns!! The coloring is beautiful!! View from house isn't bad either ummm! Love those horses! Jan

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

Amazing photos! I love cardinals too! Beautiful!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting