Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am I too paranoid?

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 17:32

I've started drawing some artwork for paper matryoshka doll stacking cone-shaped ornaments for a Christmas show. My thought is to sell them inexpensively as a coloring kit. I would like to not only to make copying difficult (so people won't just run off copies rather than pay me), but to allow someone to make their own artwork on the dresses if they want to,for example,while what I draw would be light enough to be a guide or suggestion.

I'm thinking tan paper with yellow or pink ink, maybe pale blue. Any suggestions? I'll definitel run a test sheet and try copying it. Should I not be so paranoid? I've heard stories of people selling other people's designs quite often.

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am I too paranoid?

Hmmmm, I've never actually seen anything like that, so I'm not really sure what you are talking about, but I would think that if you wanted to be extra careful, you could use the pink ink to make it more difficult to copy. I would think that yellow ink would be too hard for the person trying to color it to see...or at least it would be for my 50 something eyes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here