Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Peeking in to say HI !

toomuchglass
14 years ago

Hi everyone ...... I stopped by to say hi and catch up on some reading. As always ... the creativity here is awesome ----- everything I see - I want to do ! ( AGAIN!!! )

LOL -- My heart belongs to this forum :)

"What have I been up to?" you ask ...

Well - my computer chair broke and I welded it back together !! TAH -DAH !!! LOLOLLL ---

I'm Still Purging . I gave my house a giant Ex-Lax and it's been pooping out junk for weeks ! LOL I sold alot on Craig's list .... donated a ton of stuff .... even put out bunches of stuff in front of my house for free . I took a break to be a couch potato .... that lasted for a couple days & I was back at it ,except for trying to give away a bunch of finished doggie crafts I painted in my craft fair days ......I'm done for the year. I ran out of steam. ( I Still have the best stuff to give away/sell -- In my wildest dreams - I wish I could hire someone to help me )*sigh*

Spring will be here soon & I'll pick up where I left off. Till then - I'm off duty ! As for crafts ~~ I've hit a few awesome rummage sales ....... ( gulp - I fell off the wagon -- what can I say ? ) *smacking myself in the forehead * LOL ....!

My current project has me freaking out . I posted at the crafts forum begging for help . I know this isn't the right place to ask - so I'll put a link into my post. Any suggestions you have - I would love to hear . When this project is done .... I'm back to the "Junkier side " of crafts ! LOL

It was nice seeing everyone again - you are all as awesome as ever !!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My craft disaster

Comments (5)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Glad you managed to get lot of stuff cleaned out. I was cleaning in my garage all week. What a mess. The black sooty stuff from last yr's fire had gotten into everything. Trying to get more organized. Finally got large cabinet over workbench cleaned out just taken since 1985, tried it several times but too painful. All those little things he did came flooding back & I would quit (He died at work-heart)Working on projects with son, making me cookbook cart, mantle on each side of fireplace, all the stains & stuff he used. Well after 24 yrs I can do it. I think it was because he was crazy about his job & often did custom jobs for people, boss would say, can you make a bed for so & so. Someone wants an ebony desk! He loved it. I had cleaned out his clothes & stuff yrs ago but this felt like I was invading his space (or my memory bank) So have 1 cabinet I want to get cleaned out & more organized hopefully today. Would like to paint all 5 cabinets a light blue with an antiquing stain. The walls are wood paneling in medium tone so figure that would look nice. After I read your post about cleaning out I did some in house & have it almost ready for yard sale. Anyway glad you are making progress, maybe someone else started cleaning out because of your post too.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Glad to hear from you toomuch! Stay in touch and do remember that we're thinking of you while you're working so hard!

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Well, good for you, ladies! You are both an inspiration to keep "recycling" and creating Garden Art!

sunny...bless you...you did it! When the time is right, it shall get done & you got it done! Good luck with the painting & hope you are now finding peace & joy in good memories!

Now, you're motivating me to get a move on! Great GJ buddies! Jeanne S.

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

We have been in the process of cleaning out. It's not a fun job, but very satisfying when we get results.

Jan, I didn't know anything about your husband. I understand how hard it must have been to clean out his stuff, even after all this time. Good for you.

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Good work both of you cleaning outers! I am cleaning out my food pantry. Poor dh, I am cooking all the stuff before it outdates then when its empty, I'll restock (but I'll be more careful what I buy). We've had some pretty strange meals, let me tell you. But I just wasn't raised to waste food. NOr he luckily.
    kathy

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!