Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Wishing Everyone a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

susiewantsroses
15 years ago

Have fun cooking, feasting, visiting, resting, or whatever makes Thanksgiving special for you!!!

Hugs around and around!!!!!!!!

{{gwi:128350}}

Susie

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Thank you, Susie, that is a darling card.
    Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful too.

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks for the cute card! I've got to learn to do that! i can't cut or paste anything on here!! I have it easy this yr. Just bringing the Martinelli's Sparkling cider, mom loves to make pumpkin & pecan pies & take them. She'll be 87 in Jan & is still a great cook! Hope you get to be with your loved ones!! Jan

• leveta
    15 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to you also....God Bless....

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Pretty card. Happy thanksgiving to everyone! ~tenderlee

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jan,

I was clueless about how to put a picture on here until I began reading everyones helpful advice. Then precious son came over and showed me a couple of clicks to copy and paste from Photobucket (I wasn't highlighting the HTML correctly). Everytime I see an adorable illustration or garden picture on the web I 'right click' and save it to 'my pictures'. Photobucket pulls pictures out of 'my pictures' on my computer. It also has an edit button that will allow you to make cards like the one above. (I learned that yesterday.) When I get my new camera I will learn how to put my own pictures on the computer.

I had back surgery a couple of years ago and I do not go to a job right now. That has given me spare time to progress on the computer which I use to be intimidated by.

• akup_a
    15 years ago

For 50 years I did the traditonal family gathering at members homes, the table laden with scrumptious food. But not this year! So many changes are happinging in our lives, couples divorcing, sisters fighting cancer, kids moving on, me - going through the change of life. I've decided that since I'm changing, so will our traditons. So, this year for Thanksgiving, we will go to a restuarant and pay for someone else to do the cooking & cleaning. We'll even tip bigger & better than ever for the service. And who knows, maybe later we'll bring back the big family gathering traditions again. This year, I just need something "outside the box". It will still be with family, just a different setting.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll wherever you gather.
    Vickie

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vickie and Ya'll,

We ate out on Thanksgiving before! Our first "Empty Nest" year we were 'moving' and ate rotisory chicken from the super mart with Stove Top Stuffing.

One year my Mom passed away the day before Thanksgiving. Out of four daughters, non of us felt like cooking so we all went to Cracker Barrel (The waitress will never know how much sadness was in our hearts or how greatful we were that they were open for business. Never complain about working Holidays. It's just God's way of saying it is your turn to bless others this time.). The food was a great comfort and much better than the hospital cafeteria had been. I was truly Thankfull for Mom's peace that year.

Another year we went to a resort called Fontana here in North Texas. The food tables went on forever and I put it in park over at the dessert table and blamed it on 'Peri-MENTAL-paws' cravings. There was just 3 of us that year and it was so much cheaper than cooking. Afterwards we walked around the golf course lake until I got over my sugar rush. Hubs didn't want to put me in the car until I was ready to crash out and sleep on the way home. :)

Just make sure that "outside the box" doesn't mean Jack-in-the-box!! LOL Although I am getting to the point that anytime I dont have to cook is "Thanksgiving"!! LOL

Not totally true. Last year I cooked for my husband's extended family. His (93 yr old) Paw Paw got to have Thanksgiving with his sisters. They were very blessed and it brought tears to our eyes to see it. This year Paw Paw is unable to get out much so the timing was perfect. God is so Good.

Happy Thanks-Giving!

Susie

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

I've eaten out before too Vicki. This year our foster daughter (grown up) is really wanting a traditional dinner. So I guess we will do at home as long as my 80 yo mom is able to come. I'd prefer to go to a restaurant in her town however because otherwise we will transport her to and from which with cooking and cleaning starts to seem like a lot.
    When I was a foster parent (of teenagers), I said once to a more experienced parent "Sometims I just don't know what is right or the best thing to do." and he said, "then do what is easiest for you." This was great advice and applicable to other areas of life. Maybe we will go out for Thanksgiving and take dd and dm. kathy

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

The holidays are just so depressing! Each time one rolls around lately, I tell HossFly I'd rather go out than cook. There are places you can buy an entire turkey dinner with all the trimmings, for 12 people for $25 to $50 dollars.
    Actually,I'd rather SLEEP through it, than deal with it, lol!
    However...this year I do have my daughter and grandson #2, and he can't wait to eat turkey, and he loves to put on one of my huge aprons and play "chef" (his dad was a chef before he became an Air Force cop, now in Iraq on his 2nd tour)
    We tried one Christmas to go somewhere else, my best friends house. But it wasn't the same, she'd always spent holidays with us since we were about 10 years old, and it was great, but I think the buying the dinner cooked for me thing would be a lot better :D
    I still love making the desserts,though!
    Cherry/Kudzu

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

The holidays are bittersweet for myself also. I always miss my loved ones who have passed on ... my sister, dad, grandmothers, and my mother-in-law and father-in-law. They were a big part of the holidays, but things can't stay the same in life and we have to adjust and go on. On the positive side are the wonderful memories I have to cherish. I was blessed to have each and every one of them in my life. We often don't know when life is "as good as it gets" until much later.

My current life has these wonderful 2 grandsons to enjoy now, I had a happy life before their arrival, but now I actually have JOY in my life. Toddlers & babies just emit joy! Cherry, I'm gonna teach them to cook also. Nothing wrong with a well rounded boy. Everyone loves a good cook!

Wherever you all end up Thanksgiving, at a restaurant or home sweet home, have a relaxing and peaceful day. Enjoy your loved ones and some good food!

Warm holiday hug to you all ~tenderlee

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you no matter how you choose to celebrate the day! I'm thankful for all of my Garden Junk friends! :-)

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living