Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

working on my Xmas decorating

Purplemoon
15 years ago

Well, I am about 3/4ths done with my Christmas decorating. I still have my Village to set up, and one more small tree to put up and decorate in the living-room (on the right side of the fireplace).

But here's what I've done so far......

63 images, 3 album pages on Photobucket for it. LOL

I don't do outside decor. My darling DH isn't into this stuff, and doesn't help. Tho he sure seems to enjoy all my decorating.

My body hates me even more this week, but the feeling is mutual. LOL. I love Xmas stuff, and the more house-bound I get, the more I seem to enjoy it. "Stuff" makes me happy!

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: My Christmas Decorations

Comments (13)

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Wow, I just looked at the whole album, your home looks like a Wonderland now! Where ever did you find the purple peacock? And that purple fairy? Still love the tree on the wall, and all the bead garland on it. Everything is beautiful :D
    Cherry/Kudzu

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Wow Karen! Everything looks great! I'm still working on mine, but I've been laid up this week with a torn knee muscle!! :( Thanks for sharing with us! Love the purple tree and decorations--very unusual!!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

OMG, Purplemoon! No wonder your body hates you this week! Your home is just AWESOME! I hope your DH carries your "totes" for you...you've got to have lots of them in storage! You have been working HARD, lady!

As for favs, OMgosh, that is hard to say... but I love your couple Santa's with the purple cone trees ... and, of course, your wonderful carousel horse with your purple tree...and all the co-ordinating on the ornaments! Just like your gardening, so many vignettes to absorb!...the kitchen and colorful cookie jars...you've been collecting a long time, I bet!

Thanks for sharing with us! It's a boost for my morale...I'm also working on decor the past couple days and love to celebrate the change of seasons...and the birth of Jesus. Jeanne S. (p.s. and my body is hating me, too...and also the feeling is mutual!...but we are HOME and enjoying, as you say.)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

You have really captured an elegant Christmas theme in your home. I enjoyed all of the pictures!!!

Susie

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Karen what an inspiration! I love the wreaths, and those two little trees on top of your curio. And all of it!
    kathy

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

W O W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As I said .... last year..............
    They don't call you PURPLEMOON for nothing !!!
    You really KNOW how to do it up RIGHT ~~GIRLFRIEND!

Ms Karen ..... I shutter to think what your decorating would be like if you were ...........
    really .............. really feeling well...........

Cause..... Honey Girl..... You are just quite
    the super duper Christmas Decorator with out
    a doubt ! ! !
    You Really Rock Girlfriend ! ! !
    Can't wait to
    see the rest of the SNOW VILLAGE ! ! ! !
    Go Go Go ~~~ You GO GO GIRL ! ! !

Love Ya Bunches !
    Your GJ Buddy
    SusieSunshine
    God Bless !!!
    Happy * * * Holidays !!!
    M E R R Y * * * CHRIST MAS ! ! !
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Just awesome, Karen! I love the carousel horse. And I can appreciate all the Santas because I love to collect them too. But I really love your fairy wreath. It is all so stunning! Beautiful work!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kudzu, last year I got the purple peacock and two sparkly silver ones at Michaels. The purple fairy came from eBay, her outfit is sparkly beads.

Marlene, I'm so sorry about your knee. I know how knee pain can really hinder one. Hope you heal soon. Over the last couple of years, I've collected purple ornaments when I saw them. Then someone told me Walmart had these little purple trees and I just couldn't resist getting one.

Jeanne, sorry your body isn't your friend either. I've decided getting older isn't for wimps, LOL.

SusieRose, WOW...elegant huh? You sure made my head swell right up like a balloon!

Susiesunshine, bless your heart, you always make me grin like the Cheshire Cat. LOL

Thank you for the compliments, Kathy. And Everyone!
    Oh, I think my family is lucky I only bought the little purple Walmart tree. (actually its lavender)....cause I saw this BIG purple tree on the web and WOW. How I'd love to have this one.
    {{gwi:128357}}

By the way, if any of you love looking at Christmas Inspiration photos, I did a big ol' album for my Holidays Forum. Over 200 pictures in there. I love looking at it over and over, wish I lived in a CASTLE and could do all those neat things!

hugs and Happy Holidays,
    Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Inspiration

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Karen, Your home looks sooooooooo inviting for the holidays! We'll be knocking on your door! Hope you have room for us! :o) Everything is so festive and elegant! Love your trees and had to look at every picture up close. Of course, I love your bear cookie jars but love it all! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

What a lovely well decorated home!

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Honestly, Karen, I got weak looking at all your decorations and thinking of the effort you've put into it all. Amazing!

You home is really lovely!! Do you give tours during the holidays? You certainly have plenty of wonderful things to see. And I thought I had a lot of stuff! Your curio cabinets are unreal!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful decorations with us!

~Sandy~

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tours? Oh my gosh, no. Never crossed my mind. I don't even know anyone who does that around here.
    Especially with all my animals and clutter, I'm always a bit insecure how people will react to my home. LOL.
    I've got 10 china and curio cabinets thru out the house, mostly with my whippet collection. The Painted Ponies got the really huge cabinet, so they are in one spot. But everywhere else you look its the dog stuff. Artwork, shelves, cabinets, floor (numerous lifesized ones). LOL.
    Thank you for thinking it all looks beautiful. I really appreciate that so much.

Hugs, Karen the obsessed collector

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Beautiful home, beautiful decorating, beautiful person! Hope you have a great Christmas! ~tenderlee

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County