Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Say a Little Prayer for Bob ...

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

My Bob just can't stay out of medical trouble! He went for a stress test on Wednesday. His heart passed but they want to do further tests on his carotid artery on the left side of his neck. The ultrasound during the stress test looked as though the artery is 80-99% blocked. He is going for a CAT scan next week Tuesday. Say a little prayer for him that all goes well.

On another note, Bob's father passed away last weekend. We went to Thanksgiving dinner with him but when Bob tried calling him on Saturday, he didn't answer the phone. Not too unusual when he was in the bathroom or sleeping. Another family member tried calling him Saturday and Sunday and got no answer. Then the family sent the nearest relative over to his house. No answer at the door. So they called Bob and his neice since they both have keys. When they got in the house, they found him dead on the floor. They figured he had a heart attack.

I'm amazed that Bob's dad lasted as long as he did. He had heart problems and had a pacemaker. He was diabetic and didn't watch what he ate. Since Bob's mother died a couple of years ago, the fight seem to leave him and I was expecting him to die soon. I think he would have preferred going this way to being sick and living in a nursing home. I hope he and Bob's mom are on the paradise island with my parents, drinking some cocktails and enjoying the sunsets!

Comments (13)

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

Luna My thoughts will be with Bob.I'm sorry about your loss.I'm sure he's where he wanted to be now.Let us know about Bob's test.Hugs Joan

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Prayers for Bob and the tests, as well as for his family for the loss of his Dad.
    Keep us informed about the tests.

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Hi Kathy,
    So sorry that Bob is having more troubles. He's had a tough year and you too. And then his Dad dying too... I love your idea of them watching the sunset with your folks!
    I'll be thinking of both of you. Be sure to keep us posted.
    kathy

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Will be thinking of you and Bob this week...sending prayers your way. Tough year for you both!...here's hoping for a better new year! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Both of you will be in my prayers this week as Bob has the test. Glad Bob's heart is OK hope they are wrong on the artery! Hugs & prayers, Jan

• kirkus
    14 years ago

We're praying for you guys! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Luna....give Bob an extra hug from me and tell him how sorry I am about losing his Dad. And best of luck to him on his test this week too...he should do fine...my dad had both sides of his neck done several years ago...and it did make a big difference in how he felt! We're praying for you two!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Kathy, you and Bob have been thru so much this year, and now to see that more is being piled on you! I am so sorry and really praying that the New Year is filled with ALL GOOD THINGS!
    {{gwi:128388}}

hugs from the heart,
    Karen

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Thank God for modern medicine and Scans that catch things quickly. I am thinking of Bob today and glad that he is getting this taken care of.

So sorry that Bob had to find his Dad that way. I hope I am as blessed and skip the nursing home too.

God Bless you both. THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Never forget that. Prayers from TX.

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'm sure he will do well with all your prayers. He is still waiting to hear from his doctor on the results of the CAT scan. I'm just hoping we can be moved into our new apartment before he has his surgery so there isn't the stress of handling the move on my own. Although it might be worth it to get away from the elephants living upstairs from me.

Since we have lived here, we have had about 4 different tenants upstairs from us. One was a bigger guy and we would hear him walk around every so often. There must be a floor board that is exceptionally squeaky in the bedroom and living room. But the elephants upstairs from us now never sit or sleep! I don't think they work either. They march around in the bedroom until 3:00 a.m. It sure will be nice to get away from them.

I really need to start packing...yuck!

Thanks again for all the well wishes, you guys are the greatest!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Hope you hear soon & get it taken care of so you can enjoy your new apt!! Nice if you could start the New Year out fresh with your worries behind you! Continuing to keep you in my prayers! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bob went to the doctor today because he has a tickle cough and sore throat. The doctor gave him some sinus pills for the cough. He said Bob's lungs sounded great so it's nothing serious.

Bob had the doctor look at his foot and the doctor said it is healing great.

Bob asked him if he got any information on his CAT scan. It is actually Bob's cardiologist who ordered it but his primary care doctor (he is our favorite doctor)did say the carotid artery is only 60% blocked. They usually don't do anything until it is over 75%. Bob is on Plavix which the doctor said will help.

Thanks for all your prayers! I know they really made a difference. :^)

Now if God could just do something about the elephants who live upstairs from me...

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

GREAT news about Bob, Kathy. I am so relieved for you.
    I hope the move goes smoothly, tho I will still hope someday you can find that house and YARD you so badly want.

hugs, Karen