Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

ask and you recieve.....more photos

Purplemoon
15 years ago

Leveta mentioned in her thread on "I'll Start" (where many of us posted our photos) that she wished we had a family album. Well, we now do on Photobucket. I hope others will post their pictures to add to the album, since only 17 of us (including some spouses) are in there at the moment.

Enjoy!

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ Family Album

Comments (48)

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Well here I am, justa smilin like I always do.
    {{gwi:128518}}From PUNKIN

Donna in Florida

• leveta
    15 years ago

OH, how wonderful of you...The album looks great...I lost everything AGAIN on my PC over the weekend. This will def. be in the favs...You are so sweet for doing this...

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Thanks Karen, I love this idea :D I have it marked!
    Cherry/Kudzu

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Well, you sweetheart you!! I love it! Thank you for taking the time to do this for us all. I know the price you pay sitting at your computer with all your pain. You're the best!

~Sandy~

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

purplemoon...You're the best! Thanks for sharing and caring for all us GJers! Jeanne S.

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Karen,

What a delightful surprise!!

We are working on getting a real pic to replace the drawing.

Susie and David

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Karen~

Thanks so much on putting us all in one place! You are the woman!

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Karen, you are the greatest! What a wonderful idea. Thanks so much for putting everyone in one place! Here's a smooch for you!

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Thanks for doing that. What a great idea. I guess I will need to get you a new picture soon(-: LOL

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

My DD spent 6 1/2 hrs getting my pics straightened out yesterday afternoon!! I had nice visit with GK's & mom sent over pumpkin pie so everybody was happy! So 1 more time & we will get some pics to Photobucket. Jan

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad y'all are happy with the new album. I hope we eventually get most of us in there. Its so neat to put faces to names. I'm going to post about it on the other side and see if I can drum up a few more who maybe don't check over here to see what we are up to.

Leveta, thanks for thinking of this idea! I love it.
    What fun.
    hugs, Karen

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

ok Karen,

MIne is in the email for you. Todd has updated our Kodak easyshare just a couple weeks ago. Now I've got to post them on my photos website to give them an URL to sen directly.

Thanks for starting this great post.
    Love, Jules

• shysue
    15 years ago

Karen, I don't know how you keep up with all you do! Thanks so much for making and updating all the albums for us.

Helen

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Oops, I posted on the wrong page. Fabulous work Purplemoon! Thank you for pulling us all together like a big, happy family should be.
    Miz classic is classy indeed!
    Leveta you're the best.
    Vickie

• leveta
    15 years ago

Oh how WONDERFUL....the family album is growing...Purplrmoon THANK YOU!!!!

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

This is so much fun! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Luna,

That is some of the sweetest "smooching" in the world to send to Karen.

I keep two little smoochers around me at all times.

Susie

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Karen, it was so nice of you to take the time to compose the album. What a great bunch of people here! ~tenderlee

• tehuti
    15 years ago

I don't usually get this involved. Hope this is what you wanted.

Robert
    {{gwi:128519}}

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bless your heart, and THANK YOU, Robert. You are so special to us on this Forum, and its great to finally SEE you.

hugs, Karen

• leveta
    15 years ago

HI ROBERT....Glad to SEE you and your SMILING face....

• justlinda
    15 years ago

Hi Robert, so that's what the face of an innovator looks like, eh? Nice to put a face to all those inspirational pieces you come up with. Thanks.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Robert, you look like someone told you a VERY good joke there! lol! I want to start laughing without even knowing what's so funny!

I want to know if daisyadair's DH is giving the finger. lol! I recognize it because I do it quite often when people are taking my picture. Either that or sticking out my tongue or making a funny face. This is the "before" picture of the one that ended up in the album...
    {{gwi:128520}}

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Hi from Goldenpond
    tanya
    {{gwi:128521}}

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Hello Donna From Florida!!! Good to see you!

Hey Tanya at Goldenpond. What a lovely pic. The roses are so nice!!!! Great to meet cha.

Hey r_murray. Glad to meet ya! Love your art. Do you publish your poetry on-line?

Cute pics Luna!!

Susie

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Goldenpond, you are a lovely as your name. So nice to see you!

I sure hope a lot more of our members will post photos, I'm loving having a GJ family album.

hugs, Karen

• leveta
    15 years ago

Oh goldenpond yes it is a beautiful pic. Purplemoon you are doing such and awwwwwsome job. God Bless you....

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Luna that's such a funny pic! Love your sense of humor. I wondered about daisyadair's DH's finger too LOL.

And glad to see all the others too. Cool bunch of folks. ~tenderlee

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

I found a real pic of David and I together!!! This was last year but it will have to do. We were both "sweating to the oldies", while giving my grand daughter a 1950's birthday party.

Susie

{{gwi:128522}}

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Karen, you never cease to amaze me with your kindness! You are always thinking of everyone else. That is such a lovely gesture to make a GJ family album for us! I will send one soon, I promise. We took one at Dixie Stampede last weekend, but they cut part of one of our sons faces off! Gee whiz, for the prices they charge, ya think they'd take the pic right! So, I will hafta find another one that was taken sometime in this century. The thing is I am usually the one taking the pics, so I dont have many of me. I think you have my name on someone elses pic,though, but I sure wish I had that lovely red hair and those gorgeous drop-dead eyes, whoever she is!!! Anyway, thanks for all of your effort, we could use alot more Karens in our world!
    blessing-Sherri

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Darn Sherri, I better find who the gal is in that photo that I've got your name on!!! Somebody...FESS UP and let me know.

Nice to see the real you SusieRose, and your hubby!

hugs, K

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

How special this is, Karen...to be able to put faces to the posts and names on this great forum!

Thank you for taking the time to do this photo album!

~Sandy~

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, Sherri and Cherry....I just figured it out. The photo is our kudzukween, and at least I got Cherry's DH right, HossFly. LOL.

Now Sherri, need pix of you ASAP.

And Cherry, is that photo of you ok for the album or do you want the one from your blog instead? I love both myself.

hugs, Karen

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

Karen,

Did you recieve the email I sent you with me and my hubby's photo? I haven't had time yet to post the pictures on an online album yet.....Would you be able to post it here for me? Let me know if you received it.

Love, Jules

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I got the link and its in the album.
    {{gwi:128523}}.

hugs, Karen

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

LOL....I wasn't going to say anything, I've been called Sherri before, LOL You may use another photo of me from my blog :D
    I love the GJ album. You do so much for us here, thanks for being you!
    Kudzu
    {{gwi:128524}}

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Thank you Karen. Nice to see you all everyone! Looking for a pic of dhh and I together.
    Adina, what is that pretty thing you are holding in your hand? Did you make it?
    kathy

• leveta
    15 years ago

OH MY It just keeps growing...It's so great....Purplemoon your AWSOME girl....

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

Karen,

Thank you so much for posting. It's been a busy two weeks here....

Kudzu---You look like you could be the sister of my neighbor at the end of the cul de sac!

Wish our son luck, we are off to a Karate tournament in Long Beach this morning.

Love, Jules

• akup_a
    15 years ago

This just keeps getting better & better. It was fun to look at Purplemoons Christmas decor album & be able to picture her in the room, which is just as lovely as she is.
    Vickie

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

awwwww, Vickie, I just felt a heart hug there.
    Thank you so much.

I hope more of our gang here will share photos for our album, I sure want to see more and know the rest of you do too.

hugs, Karen

• luvs2click
    15 years ago

OK - I finally have the ability to post pictures again. So here we are in TN last month ready to go hiking.
    Arlene

{{gwi:128525}}

• leveta
    15 years ago

Hi Luvs2click!! Love the pic...Glad to see you...

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Great new pics! So nice to see everybody :D

Jules...I went through a time in the 70's when I'd walk in a place and make people drop drinks and gasp and stare, and call me "Janet??".......it took me years to find out what was up when "Janet"'s uncle came in to where I worked and got up close to touch my name tag. Seems Janet was a young woman who was murdered along with her son just months before, and her home set on fire to cover it up. Well, that was chilly to hear. Her uncle even came back with a photo.

• akup_a
    15 years ago

kudzukween: that had to have been an eerie feeling for sure. I'm glad your not Janet!
    Vickie

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

Kudzu, Oh, now I see where I mentioned sisters! Oh, that is just too eerie! My neighbors name is Ellen. She is an active meember of the community heading up the Neighborhood Watch on our end of the neighborhood. So, your look a like here in California is a good one to look like! :-)
    Love, Jules

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Boy, as beautiful as Kudzu is...and those fabulous green eyes and red hair....well I am shocked she could have all these "lookalikes".
    I still think she's one-of-a-kind!! LOL

hugs, Karen

• sab66
    11 years ago

Could someone please link me to the original totem site. I haven't been around for awhile and forgot everything I ever knew. I want to start making totems again. I've found a good location for milk glass and cobalt blue glass. I'm looking for the most recent posting of totems. This last date is 2008.
    Thanks,
    Sharon

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting