Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Secret Santa 'PICS' Post here

jeannespines
14 years ago

I'm starting this new link to post all you GJer's pics of your SS gifts. I am copying desertrat's post (from the other long thread) over to here...see below:

Posted by desertrat1 Zone8_CA (My Page) on Sun, Dec 20, 09 at 23:15

"Ok ok~~~~~SO, I received my gift from...drum roll please.... Miss Jeannespines!!!! I just knew it was from you when it said from Iowa!!! So, I didn't open it Friday but late Saturday night after everyone else was in bed. I really wanted to enjoy it for me...the men in my family just don't get it. SO, THANK YOU THANK YOU Jeanne!!!! I just loved the set of homemade picture cards and of course the homemade Christmas card with your male cardinal in the snow covered pine tree! You got to give me the scoop on how to do that! Loved the candle holders, the rusty keys, star, and gear part--horseshoe, butterknife decorated plant marker, chrismtastree tealight holder, little glass bluebird and the timelife photography book! You picked out all the right things! I treasure it all! Thank you thank you Jeanne! I love how you wrapped it all in fabric and burlap! It didn't rattle at all! The extra packaging was just too funny! I had donated a bunch of the boys clothes to a clothes closet your chruch was having Saturday. IT would have been great there since they were taking womens clothes as well--but it will be put to good use!

Ok so if you go to my website and scroll down to the photos on the main page go to Secret Santa and Gardlyloo Loot. I took a photo of all that Jeanne sent me!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Love, Jules"

Here is a link that might be useful: Secret Santa Loot

Comments (28)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok, now here's mine ... from mjowest! Wow, I hit the jackpot! Thanks so much, mjo...this rustic stuff will be awesome to use on my barndoors, barnwood, etc. Cannot believe you packed all this stuff into that PO box!

{{gwi:128635}}

And here's a couple close-ups: Oh, this cup is so cute & I remember seeing someone use one of this...this must go in my gardens, come Spring! That HUGE clothespin is certainly a keeper...that will be fun to use in my GJ! The wood circles (with metal pins) is an unusual pc...right away it reminded me of a snowflake so it is on my buffet with grapevine stars & such...and the round glass thing is very heavy & magnifies...ummm, I am thinking how I want to use that...it's great! Plus an "insulator"...always good on birdhses!

{{gwi:128636}}

Here's a close-up of the other half...that metal pc of machinery will make a great flower center on barnwood or just a unique shape on my stars/sun barn door. The "fryer grate" (?) or whatever that is will be a good asset on barnwood also...and that twisted handle hook thing (?)...ummm, interesting pc. The bedsprings will probably perch some "metal bugs" & the horseshoes for bdhses. WOW! Thank you, mjowest! Merry Christmas! from Jeanne S.
    {{gwi:128637}}

p.s. Here's a pic of my buffet...your wood snowflake is not in the pic...but I put it in the greenery today...a perfect place for it!
    {{gwi:128638}}

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Looky looky what I got from my SS, whom I beleive is nanagrandma,(Miss Sylvia). She didn't include her forum name, but am sure it is her. She did a very good job in selecting goodies to send. The yellow butterflies are so pretty as is the brass colored one. Love the open work. The frog is actually a salt and pepper set. I was so tickled when I figured it out. So cute. And the cup and saucer, perfect. My mind is whirring to figure out how to display it in my kitchen. When I do I'll post pix. Thank you so much Miss Sylvia. I'm off to my sons for Christmas. Merry Christmas all of you.

Kat{{gwi:128639}}

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Great gifts you two!! So exciting...I'm waiting until tonight to open mine!

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

What great gifts! I will miss participating this year but I'm glad I didn't have the added stress of figuring out what to give, get it packed and mailed while packing to move. But that sure doesn't stop me from being anxious to see what everyone else got! Merry Christmas to all the Secret Santas out there!

• Dottie B.
    14 years ago

My SS Gift came from akup_a in TX.
    {{gwi:128640}}

The cool thing about this wind chime is she made this from some of the items in the Junk Train box. Some of which I put in there which is even more fun. I love it! Thank you so much Vickie. I can't wait to hang it in the spring.

She also sent some pine cones that I can make crafts with.

• laurastheme
    14 years ago

I opened my SS gift this morning. It was SO much fun. I got a whole bunch of small figurines: frogs, fish, dolphin, owl, a pile of golf balls, a pair of turtles. I also got a tiny bird house ornament, 3 glass items and a beautiful lace valentine wreath. I love it! I didn't have any valentine decorations until now. I have a sign in my back yard that reads, 'Frog parking only. All others will be toad'. So I'm sure you know where the frogs are going to go.
    There's a sticker on the fish that says it's made from Mt. St. Helen's ash. We heard that volcano blow from our house many years ago.
    Thank you...thank you!!!!!! backyardmom.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:128619}}

• laurastheme
    14 years ago

OH, and I forgot to mention the wooden stocking ornament! The glass items are BEAUTIFUL! Especially the one with the glass 'knobs' all around it. It picks up the colors around it.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

I opened my Secret Santa box last night and what a HAUL!! My loot came from excess frou frou a.k.a. Syble and I couldn't believe the amount of GREAT STUFF she packed in one box!! I just kept opening and opening gifts....a junkyard cat statue complete with springy neck, a beautiful piece of driftwood, a metal sconce type candle holder, a wire basket, cardinal mini birdhouse, a ceramic birdhouse container, a BEAUTIFUL bottle bug, one of her handmade metal flowers, a dragonfly windchime, a lovely garden plaque, copper wire, bobbles, a little bird statue, and a GREAT koi statue too! Oh, and a little camper ornament...that won't blow away like our real one did! I can't even imagine how she got all of that in the box...and, as an extra bonus, I even got her taping gun!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU SYBLE!!! It was a blast opening everything and I LOVE them all!! There was so much stuff, I had to take two pictures to get it all.....YEEHA!!

{{gwi:128048}}

{{gwi:128049}}

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Kathy So happy you received your butterflies and that they arrived unbroken. After my DH mailed it for me I said Oh My I forgot to put the card in.
    Concrete Primrose Kathy Oh I opened my box everything I wanted I will post pic tomorrow. Thank You so much! Nothing Broke, Hurray!

Love You my GJ Friends

Sylvia
    NanaGrandma

PS Micki thank you for great job
    God Bless

• imjustsam
    14 years ago

I had a hard time waiting to open my box from Chelcass, but it was worth it. I got quite a lot of goodies. It took me just as long to open each individual piecein that box, as it did to open all my other gifts put together. I got a lot of miniatures , 2 bracelets, pretty rocks and beads, bracelet making kit, a beautiful handmade ornament, an angel figurine, 2 figurines that will be going in a garden(maybe statues in the new fairy garden), and 2 really nice embroidered pillowcases (my favorite). Thank you soooo much for the great gifts. I included pics with my fur babies after I read Chelcass' profile and found she is an animal lover too.

{{gwi:128642}}

{{gwi:128643}}

{{gwi:128644}}

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

{{gwi:128645}}

• imjustsam
    14 years ago

Hope you liked your box of stuff Backyardmom

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

My SS was mzclassic(Donna) from Florida and my package had the most wonderful things tucked in it. My favorite was a porcelain flower hanging thingy, but I loved it all, the birdhouse, pots, wood mobile, metal decorations, wooden plaques, mosaic pieces and othe little goodies. I can't wait to try the spoon flowers, DH and DS couldn't understand what I was talking about. And the mosaic pieces are just what I need to inspire me to get started on my 1st mosiac project. Thanks again, it was such fun and thanks to smicker for putting it together.
    Syble
    {{gwi:128646}}

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Adina 72, I don't know how fair it is to be getting some of your own stuff from the Junk Train back from Secret Santa! I've been looking for all the right pieces for the wind chime & most of it came with JT!

I love my SS gifts! DH hid the box from me before we had the tree up so I wouldn't be tempted to peek. When we put the tree up, he opened the box to see if the gift was wrapped and threw the outside wrapping away! So, I don't know who sent it! He apologized and said he never thought about keeping it. Bless his little heart! He's trying to understand the madness of junk!
    I had so much fun opening my SS box. I saved it for last to savor all the contents! I got a rag doll Santa hanger, a rag doll Raggedy Ann doll, a frog (he's croaking in my favorite flower pot), 2 pink pansy flowers(wood) glued to both sides of a clothes pin attached to a spring to hold my important notes, a wooden, lone star flag on a stake that I stuck in my umbrella plant and the best gift of all, Mary Engelbreit (I just love her stuff!)Christmas collection, string of lighted teapots! It's just darlin'! And I'll be using those teapots to decorate for every season.
    Thank you Secret Santa.
    Love it all, akup_a
    Vickie

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

My Secret Santa is Karen, aka Purple Moon! And she sent me wonderful things and exactly what I asked for!
    Somehow she found some cool molds - a pretty cross with ivy, a green man, a seashell decoration, and a star. Also some pretty plates, and a mug for mosaic (its broken almost exactly in half - hope it was supposed to be Karen!) This is an accomplishment that normally requires a tile saw.
    {{gwi:128647}}

and a close up of the plates and mug:

{{gwi:128648}}

AND there's more: All these different beautiful glass pieces for mosaic. The photos don't do them justice.

{{gwi:128649}}

Thank you Karen! This was so much fun and I love everything. I'm taking a mosaic class in a couple of weeks to get my b* in gear!

kathy

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Finally got my pics uploaded so that I can share the cool goodies that Jules/desertrat sent! Lucky me! Thanks so much Jules, you really know how to find things I love!!! ~tenderlee

{{gwi:128650}}

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Terry,
    So glad that you like all your goodies. Honestly with the month going so fast I almost forgot all that I had collected for you. (I should take a picture before I send them huh?) That little ogre looking guy I found on a fluke....but I couldn't pass him up! And the 'shrooms and little couch were just perfect....Have fun finding their homes for them!
    We're heading out in the morning back home.--Another 14 hour driving day! Just got back from the Oregon Coast (Yachats and Waldport!) Wonderful B & B and some fun antiquing/exploring time with hubby!
    TTYL
    Love, Jules

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

Sandra I loved it all.The birdhouse with the frog on it will go perfect around my pond with all my frogs.The basket will make a great planter and the suncatchers are so nice.The cup and saucer will be used for bird seed in my side garden.Thank you for the wonderful presents.Joan

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Thanks you Thank you to my repeat SS
    Adina72 Dottie
    My lil elf helped me unwrap this

{{gwi:128651}}

{{gwi:128652}}

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

What a beautiful birdcage! NICE!

• chelcass
    14 years ago

I'm so glad you love all the items I sent you. It was great fun picking them out. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Hugs, ChelCass

• mjowest
    14 years ago

Just a note to add that the post: "Finally able to post" was supposed to go in this discussion- but aafter about five days of trying to get ANYTHING to be accepted- it came up as it's own thread.
    Sooooo see that post to see my beautiful tea pot and plate flower, and my thanks
    and I'm still sitting on egg shells waiting to hear who my secret santa is... :)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

mjowest...here's your posting...I copied it & posted your pics below...gets frustrating when things don't work, doesn't it! Happy New Year! Jeanne S.

Here's mjowest's posting:

Finally able to post! Posted by mjowest 5 (My Page) on Tue, Dec 29, 09 at 20:09

My sincere apologies to my secret santa- I could NOT post a single thing since last Thursday!
    I received, from my yet unknown Santa- the following:
    A darling red tea pot- I LOVE red!!! It's sitting my my window, with a great contrast with the white snow. I'm keeping it out all year!

and a most beautiful yellow plate flower and plate hanger- check out the clear glass- it's a beautiful pattern! I will put this on the big stump I have in my garden, (once the snow is gone!) so it can catch the morning sun, and make drivers smile!
    I can't ever seem to find yellow, so I'm glad to get this! and, the glue job- you are an expert! much neater than I am... :)

Please let me know who you are, secret santa from WA!!
    thank YOU!!! You made me very happy!!

mjowest aka Mary-Jo

{{gwi:128653}}

{{gwi:128654}}

{{gwi:128655}}

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Hey Everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to get on here to post what I recieved in the SS exchange. I haven't felt good since Christmas Eve and then took a nice spill in the parking lot at work on New Year's Eve and sprained my wrist and gave myself a concussion. Today is the first day I have felt up to pulling out the camera and spending any time on the computer. Thank you so much Tenderlee! I love it all but especially the birdhouse and brass angel. Here is a link to the pic in my photobucket. I hope everyone else enjoyed this as much as I did.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:128634}}

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Micki~

I am SO sorry to hear about your fall! I've had a concussion and they are definitely NO fun! Hope you're feeling better soon! Your loot is very nice!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Smicker...Hope you are on the upward track now...thank you so much for taking on this SS project ...appreciated! And looks like we'll be seeing lots of GJ projects & ideas.. soon! All the SS gifts have been wonderful T!FS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Here are my SS gifts from Goldenpond. I especially love the ceramic birdhouse!
    But the mosaiced ceramic heart is also very pretty. And the birds will be neat in my
    Secret Garden I think. I always like Patriotic things, so the wood hearts are wonderful.
    Thank you so much for my presents, Tanya.
    {{gwi:128656}}

Concreteprimroses Kathy, yes the cup was cut in half. I bought it that way. Several years ago when I had great plans to learn to mosaic, I bought quite a bit of stuff.
    The pretty little tiles all came from eBay. But I never got around to doing anything and thought maybe you'd enjoy them. Same with the molds, I never poured them due to my ability to procrastinate!

hugs, Karen

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Smickers, I'm so glad you like everything! I was so worried when I got your name, because you're such an accomplished artist! I'm still not sure you can use the things I sent, but I hope so.

Sorry you've been feeling bad, and that fall .... girl, you must be careful! I fell outside my daughter's apartment on Dec 23rd, and I felt like I'd been in a car wreck for about a week. Still got a bruise on my thigh and blue toes. Thankfully I didn't break anything, just major soreness. It happened so fast ..... I guess that's why they call it an accident!

Thanks again Smickers for conducting our SS this year. Everyone got some really nice things, and I appreciate the photos of all the loot!

Happy New Year everyone! ~tenderlee

Sponsored