Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adina72

How to Post Pictures Using Photobucket.com

Dottie B.
15 years ago

In case anyone is having difficulty posting pictures, I thought I'd post a tutorial on how to post here. I did a search on this forum and the instructions I found are a little out of date since Photobucket has changed a little bit since those tutorials were first done. I hope you find this helpful and if anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to post them here also. You can also use this post to practice on.

This is just one way to post pictures. There are others, but I thought this was the easiest to post.

After you have your photos uploaded to Photobucket, all you do is copy and paste the HTML code of the picture you want to post to Gardenweb in your post.

Open two windows in your Internet Browser. One for the GardenWeb forum and one for your Photobucket account. Start a post or reply to a post as you normally would at GardenWeb. When you are ready to post a picture, go to the window that has your photobucket page open and find the photo that you want to post.

To copy the code, put your cursor over the photo so that the different codes show below the photo. The first one will say "E-mail & IM", the second one says "Direct Link", the third one says "HTML Code", and the last one says "IMG Code". Different forums post pictures differently, but GardenWeb uses the HTML code. Left click on the space to the right of the HTML Code and it will become highlighted. Mine is blue, not sure if they are all the same. While it is highlighted, press the "Ctrl" button and the "C" button on your keyboard at the same time. This will automatically copy that whole HTML code and put it in memory on your computer so that you can paste it into your post. Usually when you highlight the code, your computer should automatically assume it's going to copy that code, but I've found, that depending on your security software and settings, that it may not always copy automatically, so I usually do the Ctrl C thing just to make sure it works.

{{gwi:128665}}

If you want to type more of a message after your photo, then you can type it after the last > sign. Or you can post another photo after that. Just make sure you put a space after that > sign so that the HTML code displays correctly.

Once you are finished with your post, click on Preview Message. If your picture shows up properly, you will see it there. If all you see is that HTML Code, then something didn't post correctly. You can erase what you did and try again.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting