Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Pictures of our 18 inch snowfall

Marlene Kindred
14 years ago

The sky is a beautiful blue today and the snow is a blinding white...and there is tons of it!! I've attached the link to my photobucket album...hope it works. We do get snow here, but we haven't had this much in about 10 years or so....it's always fun to try and dig out...only it seems to get harder each time....what's up with that??? Could it be that I'm ten years older than the last 18 inch snowfall? Nah....the snow is just heavier....yeah...that's it!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter 2009

Comments (11)

• kirkus
    14 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! What is the cute little gingerbread house? A garden house? Toooo coool! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Looks cool & beautiful!! Love your house!! You might have to stand in upstairs window & knock the snow off the porch roof!! I remember Kirk out there shoveling off his roof last winter!! I love your gingerbread house too, looks like you might have some critters in there because of the fenced in area! Thanks for the memories!! No, not getting on next plane to So. Dak. pretty to look at too old to fight with all that snow!! Amazing what 10 yrs does to you isn't it! Jan

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Goodness, this sure is pretty, but I do not miss it at all. Born and raised in norhtern NY and do not know why I waited to go south. lol TFS

Kat

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks all! The gingerbread house was our daughter's playhouse when she was small. It's now a storage shed, upstairs is home to our cats, and downstairs is my totem making table. The fenced in area has our one remaining rooster in it...and he is spoiled beyond belief!

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

I know it sounds insane, but I'm soooo jealous, we don't get much snow and when we do we all turn into large kids again. Your home is beautiful in the snow.
    Syble

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

marlene...I know I sent you a message yesterday when I saw your pics...but it must have got lost in the blizzard!

Your place is beautiful...I think I told you to stay warm & enjoy! (maybe that was a diff post) eh gads, who knows!

Anyway, I loved the pic of your rain chain...yes, that made me cold! The snow is beautiful & I hope your area is handling it as good as possible. Merry Christmas to you & yours!

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

It all looks so pretty! I am glad that it is there and not here though. We only have about an inch on the ground. I love to look at it in pictures, but I hate winter and look forward to the day when I can move someplace warm!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Marlene, there's not much I can add to what the others have said. Beautiful pictures, I'd love to sit in a warm spot and stare outside. But that's all. LOL.
    And yes, I'm quite sure that Snow DOES get heavier after 10 yrs.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

It looks so much prettier by you Marlene than by me. lol TFS!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Your house looks so pretty in the snow!
    Snow is beautiful and I love it but i am tired of shoveling it.
    i asked my dh why we don't have to shovel off our porch roofs, and he said because the house was built in the 1920s to carry snow load. Thank good ness for that.
    kathy

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Your pictures would make lovely Christmas cards. What a beautiful sight. The little gingy house is darlin' in all that white!
    In my spot of TX, we had about 3" of snow, on Christmas Day! It was amazing! Talk about older, we've gotten so old that we didn't think to go out & make a snowman. We kept our old butts inside all day!
    Vickie

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA