Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

We're having a blizzard!!

Marlene Kindred
14 years ago

Hi everyone!

Well...we here in Virginia are having a blizzard! We have about 18" of snow right now and it's suppose to snow the rest of the day.....very pretty, but wow is it going to be something to clean up! My DH already pushed the snow off of the screened porch roof once, but may have to do it again! How is everyone else doing?? Guess we're definitely going to have a white Christmas this year!!

Everyone stay safe!

Comments (6)

• kirkus
    14 years ago

WOW! Sounds like you're really getting the snow!!! Stay safe! Good idea to shovel off the porch roof. We have had a bit of snow here and there but nothing like the last two years when we had record snowfalls. Thank goodness. I don't want to make up snow days in summer! LOL Take pictures for us! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

If it gets too bad Marlene, call Kirk to travel back East to lend a hand. He has shoveled more snow than anyone I have ever spoken to. Plus he has the time right now since he is off of school. LOLOLOLOLOLOL JK

Ya'll stay safe..

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Susie! You're a hoot! :o) I'll go back east just to see Marlene's house at Christmas!!!! Hey, maybe she'll have a garden junk present for me! LOL Can you believe our daughter is praying for more snow for Christmas? Last year's snow will last us a lifetime! LOL Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Last Year's RECORD SNOWFALL

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

hey you guys are getting all our our snow! We have some thank goodness.
    Do be careful Marlene. The biggest problem down there is that you really aren't ready for snow. I've got my snow tires for example, and the town has snow removing equipment and skilled workers. Some people, even up here, say that all weather tires are just as good as snow tires, but don't you believe them!
    kathy in new hampshire

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Hope you & DH can just stay home! And that the electric stays on! If you can have both of these, then you'll sure enjoy your "snow days!" Stay warm & safe! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Yes, we need pics!! I remember in Nashville when it snowed the whole city was a disaster, it was like 4 in. You would have thought it was 20 in. Cars ended up in ditches or worse hitting each other, people would slam on brakes & go into skid. Sure was pretty tho for the holidays, I went on back to S.Dak for Christmas & I think everyplace had snow on the way(bus). I like to look at pics but don't have any desire to get back in it!!I was just wondering how you planned to "clean up" you just shovel it out of way & wait until spring!! Sounds like you don't get much snow there. You make snow angels, a snowman, have a snowball fight, & make a big circle by stomping around until it is about 12 ft across &make an x through it, oh dear, play fox & goose???(getting old can't remember) good excuse to chase your DH around!! if you don't have a sled, a garbage can lid will work but watch where you are going, don't want to crash into a tree(can be serious or fatal) so if you do all that you will know what snow is all about & have some great pics to show your family! Then go in & have a nice cup of hot choc or soup!! Exhausted yet???? I cleaned up leaves in street yesterday, it's fall here & today leaves were back but kind of all in a pile so I went out in shorts & T- top & cleaned them up, got windy so probably just be back tomorrow. Hope snow lets up by then! Jan