Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

about my SS gift and stuff

Purplemoon
14 years ago

I am posting this separate from the thread with the gifts photos and comments, as I don't want to mess it up.

I WILL get photos of my neat things, that came from Goldenpond. And I apologize for not thanking her and sharing things yet.

Its been a rough 5 days. An old friend died on Christmas Day, then the very next day another old friend died. Yesterday I had to put my 12 yr dog to sleep. So 5 days and 3 losses of loved ones has me a bit of a mess right now. And not feeling too joyous about anything.

I'll try to catch up soon tho.

hugs, Karen

Comments (21)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

We love you Karen!! Sending you lots of hugs to help you!

~M

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I am so sorry for your losses! I know how hard it can be.
    I've had that happen....
    Prayers and hugs.....

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

purplemoon you did send a thank you card.
    Purplemoon,3 months ago I had to put my dear Daisy dog down. She too was 12 and I loved her so. She was the only dog I ever raised from a puppyI cried for a month and tears still come to me. Right before Christmas I took my mutt Junior to get groomed .The girl showe d me the computer screen to see if she had the correct info. There was Daisy's name and it hit me that it would be my first Christmas without her and I just stood at the counter crying. The cashier thought I was afraid to leave Junior but ,oh how I miss her. She really ran my life(as wire hair fox terriers do) and I was so lost without her for quite awhile. We all miss her and especially Junior as she bossed him around and told us all what to do and when to do it!
    Junior is coming out of his shell now and accompanies me to my dads morning and night to change his catheter bag.He loves to ride the golf cart and wander with me in the garden.But,my heart aches for dear Daisy and always will.
    God Bless,
    tanya

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Awww, Karen, how awful! Consider yourself cyber hugged! I hope 2010 will bring a much better year for you, your friends and your family!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

So sorry to hear of your losses. Always very hard to take & even harder at Christmas when everyone is in a joyful mood. Hugs & prayers for brighter days ahead!! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

So sorry that you have these losses, and so many at once.
    Take care of yourself.
    kathy

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Karen,
    So sorry for your losses. I don't know what else to say--just that I love you and pray for you.
    I'm sending you a long and big squeeze.
    Love, Jules

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for all the kind thoughts, it means a lot.

Here is my wonderful, gentle, Feather.
    {{gwi:128757}}

And apparently Dec couldn't go quietly.....another trip to my vet this morning, and back home alone.
    My dear sweet Brindle. Dec 02-Dec 09
    {{gwi:128758}}

I'm just heartsick.
    Karen

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Oh,this is too much for one person to handle. Thankfully you have a God who cares for you. Maybe he has some needy animals in mind who need some of the love you are missing.They can never be replaced but we can make room for another.
    Hope the New Year finds you in a better way.
    Tanya

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Feather looks like she was such a sweet heart. And Brindle resembles my beloved Nellie-cat.
    Oh Karen, I'm so sorry.
    Love is forever.
    Kathy

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Oh no. So, so, sorry.

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Oh Karen... I sent you an e-mail but I want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers... I have had you on my heart all day since I heard about your kitty. You have been through so much. I wish I were right there with you. I would give you a long, hard BIG BEAR HUG. Olivia saw your latest e-mail to us, sharing your loss, and we cried together. She is making you a card as I write this. Love, Kirk

• Dottie B.
    14 years ago

Oh, no...this is just too much! I am so sorry you are having to go thru this. My heart aches for you. Big hugs! We'll all be here to cheer you up whenever you need a boost.
    {{gwi:128759}}

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

So sorry to hear of even more sorrow in your household. Brindle was a beautiful kitty, she looks so sweet! Hoping this is end of your very sad Dec. I know how you love animals, a little later maybe you can rescue another kitty to love. Hugs, Jan

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow ...and each day thereafter...thinking of you, purplemoon...and your love for your animals...they are very fortunate to have you! God bless. Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Aaaah, Sweety! My heart aches for you! How sad about Brindle too! Feather and Brindle were both so pretty. I can see why you would miss them so, I want to grab them and give them smooches. I certainly hope that 2010 will turn out to be a much better year for you. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

{{gwi:78105}}

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Oh Karen....I am so sorry my friend for all that you are going through. You have been through so much these past months...my heart breaks for you as well. Know that we are keeping you close in our thoughts and prayers and that you are loved very much!

BIG HUG,
    ~Marlene

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Karen, hugs sweet lady. You're loving heart is hurting. You're friends are surrounding you in love.
    Vickie

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I know you will miss Brindle and Feather.
    I miss my tiny Bitsy still. The other cats will still not sleep on the covered heating pad that was hers.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nona, I know how very special Bitsy was to you and I'm sure you'll miss her for a very long time. I'm so sorry for your pain too. I'm not surprised the other cats won't lay on 'her' pad.

I really appreciate everyone's kindness and caring. It helps a lot. I'm still having a bad time with the overwhelming sadness and losses, but things will get better I know.
    hugs, Karen

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

It was sad reading this, then when I saw the pics, my heart broke! Heartsick is the correct word, Karen. What else could you be with such losses?!

My heart goes out to you. We lost our 15 year old dog Nina Jean this past summer, and everyone in the family took it hard. There was only one Nina Jean, and only one Feather and Brindle! Thankfully we can love another pet that needs us with time.

And the loss of 2 friends .... what a kicker of a month! Bless you Karen, I know you're suffering, and wish I could help someway. Hugs & Love ~tenderlee