Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katishooked

RE: 2008 Secret Santa Gift: Here IT IS

katishooked
15 years ago

I know Kirk started a post for show and tell, but thot a fresh one would be ok. Anyway I won't be around Christmas Eve or Christmas Day so I wanted to open and post mine before I go to my sons.

So the unveiling is that my SS is Miss Leveta. I was so very excited to open my pkg because there are so many talented people. Who knows what is in store for us. Well I didn't get a pic of wrapping cause it was riddled before I could get the camera. I think the old man and woman did it. When I first open the box and uncovered the top I could hardly contain myself. I saw the red topper(my fav color) and said God bless you Leveta. Then came the sweetest little globe. So dainty. And there was a little ladybug perched right there for all to see. Finally I got the rest hauled out of the carefully wrapped box and here are the sparkles and gems and another ladybug to grace my beautiful totem.

Oh thank you Leveta. I so love my totem. I read back over the posts and no it will not be outside. As you can see it fits very nicely in my red kitchen. I couln't have been more pleased. Here it is.{{gwi:128843}}

{{gwi:128844}}

Comments (101)

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

Reading all these postings is so much fun! All I know about my SS is that she lives in Charlotte NC. I haven't opened the box yet as we're not at home,we're spending the holidays with my parents. My SS gift is sitting unopened on my kitchen table. DH assured me he had packed it to bring with and, lo and behold, he forgot. So I get to have Christmas again when we get back.
    More waiting!!!
    Arrgh!
    Happy New Year all!

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Howdy ~~~~ YA ' LL....................
    Received my SS Gift and was a good girl and waited
    with till instructed to OPEN them ! ! ! !

My Secret Santa 's.... were Mr KIRK himself... the
    BIG CHEESE ! ! ! ! ho ho ho & Lovely Ms CAROL ! ! !
    and Olivia & Baby Ben...

I was just thrilled....
    I am just sooooooooooooo THANKFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just adore.... my GIFTS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'll try to describe them.............
    & SEND SOME PICS???? when my daughter
    can help me....
    I'm NOT into the computer pics YET>...
    hopefully I can learn sooooooooooooon ! ! ! !

** ** ** A small dainty.... leaded stained glass votive candle holder.... with a heavy base ! ! !
    with little cut outs... in some of the stained glass
    like the petals are blooming out... it is
    Blue and silver and white & Green....
    It is to die for ! ! !
    ~ ~ * ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~
    Then............
    Last.....
    but surely NOT LEAST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

STUNNING Wood Carved..... " PRAYING HANDS " ! ! !

I just cryed and cryed.....
    I just Simply LOVE Them....
    Beyond....
    what words can describe.......................
    My Mother &
    GrandMother.... Always had "Praying Hands" when
    I was growing up....
    when they passed away.. when I was Young...
    I did NOT get to have the honor of receiving
    the "PRAYING HANDS"................
    but now.....
    Thanks to K I R K & CAROL & the children !!!!

I have my own "Praying Hands" to pass
    along to my Darling Daughter & Precious Granddaughter......................

Wow........... The Power Of Positive Prayer & Thinking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Prayer Changes Things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a Wonderful..... Thoughtful.... Gift ...
    full of
    LOVE & Thoughtfulness & A TREASURE.........
    Keepsake for me to
    pass along to My Loved ones................

God Bless Each of you Garden Junkers....

" H A P P Y ~ ~ ~ NEW ~ ~ ~ Y E A R ! ! !"

Remember Families that Pray Together.....
    * * * S T A Y ~ ~ ~ T O G E T H E R * * *

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

* * * Pics will follow ~~~ shortly ! ! !
    (

• ohgirl
    15 years ago

ImjustSam,
    I'am sooo happy you like the gifts!!
    I was hopeing you would!
    I'am just glad they arrived before Christmas.
    I'll post my pics this evening when DH gets home to take my picture so "MzClassic" and everyone can see my wonderful WONDERFUL GIFTS I received and LOVE!!!

• gisele57
    15 years ago

I got many wonderful gifts from my Secret Santa, Jan aka Sunnyca, thank you so much! I loved all your little notes you put with each one too. My own Effel Tower, I love it, my Mr.Sun glass bottle is so pretty. I took a picture of it in front of a sunny window so you can see how great it will look in my garden. The herb planter sticks so cute, my seed catalog markers, I will be using them and last but not least my seashells, which are my first from California. Thank you again..

Susiewantsroses, I am so happy that you liked your Rose Stone I painted for you. After reading about you I thought it would be the perfect gift for you. :o) I'm also glad to see it got there without breaking. I was a bit worried about that. I hope you will find the perfect place in your garden for it! :o)

Kirk and Carol, thank you for all your hard work putting this gift exchange together. It has been so much fun! :o)

Happy New Years Everyone!! Darlene

• gisele57
    15 years ago

Here are my Secret Santa gift pictures from Sunnyca:
    [IMG]http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/doey57/MySecretSantaGiftsfromGardenWebSunn.jpg

IMG]http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/doey57/MysunbottlefrommySSSunnyCaonGardenW.jpg

I hope these work. It has been a while since I posted any pictures. Darlene

• katishooked
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Soooo many wonderful gifts. I love em all, esp mine. Bright what a cute little bottlebug you got there. I have some of those bottles and will have to make a bug or two for spring fling.

Kathy

• gisele57
    15 years ago

{{gwi:128884}}
    {{gwi:128885}}

• misselaineous
    15 years ago

{{gwi:128886}}Whew! Finally got 2 minutes to myself...checking out everyone's Secret Santa goodies! So...Merry Christmas to all & a great big thank you to Kirk 'n Carol for organizing this again! And a really great big thank you to my Secret Santa Melva from PA! She sent me a big box with a 4 season theme. How cool is that? A sweet wood bunny for spring...4 birdhouses for summer, including a handmade one Melva made from a cigar box...a cute little fall candle w/ a button flower on the lid...and an adorable snowman ornament wearing a hat made from an orphaned sock!! Love 'em all! Thank You Melva! Also in the box was a nice letter...yup! a real handwritten letter ;)...telling me about herself & her family & that made the whole thing even more special. So...it's been fun...& now I'm off to try to post a picture...I have always had a major problem accomplishing this "should be simple" task...so if I mess up...in the spirit of the holidays...try not to be too hard on me, okay?? *elaine

• misselaineous
    15 years ago

OMG!!!! I did it!!! I got the picture on there...in the wrong place and not the right picture...HAAA!!! but it's on there and I have triumphed over the dreaded fear of posting a picture...okay a bit much, but let me savor the moment......alright I'm fine now. PS to Bright...glad you liked your bottle bug. I'm thrilled she made it to you in one piece...did you happen to notice the carefully applied Florida rust patina? Doncha just love Garden Junk??

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

I posted my stuff on the other SS message thread so here is a repeat!

I got a great haul from my SS aka Halley_Rose aka Deb! I love it all. Since I collect cats and birdhouses, I got an adorable plush cat who looks right at home in the little wicker chair I had in my chair collection, a porcelain mama cat with two kitties, a very pretty jar painted green with star-shaped sunflowers (love storage containers!), a pretty little birdhouse and the gift I coveted the first time I saw her post a picture of it ... THE green bottle cat! Thank you, Deb for making this a wonderful Christmas!

{{gwi:128887}}

Laurastheme, I am so glad everything survived the long trip across country! I had developed quite a collection of glass flower pieces that I thought you could incorporate into one of your stunning pieces and do them more justice than I ever could. I thought the angel would be pretty as either a totem topper or within a clear vase in a totem. The star candleholder just screamed totem topper to me! I can't wait to see what you make out of them!

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

I am so amazed at all the talent on this board. What great gifts everyone got.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Wow ... this has just been so much fun...and what wonderful, sharing gifts! What talent & new ideas!

Kirk & Carol & family ... I was so tickled to get your e-mail and read this post! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the GJ package!

Susiesunshine...you just made my Christmas Eve day special...I posted early in this thread with pics...thanks again...I wish I could type how you speak with your typing! ***...$$$...XXXOOO.... to you!

Happy New Year, everyone & God Bless! Jeanne S.

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Susie certainly is a ray of sunshine on this forum!!

Dontcha just love her?!! I sure do!! She puts the light in my day...and makes a gloomy day bright!!

Thanks, Susie!

~Sandy~

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

OK Melvie, I have a picture of the one items I sent you....and was just goign to post one here so everyone can gawk at what you received from me. :-) This is without the pvc post....... I do not have a picture of the glass flower though.....
    Love, Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: Melvie's new Totem

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Love the totem,desertrat, is that a pic or reflection on side of the brownish colored glass bowl, it looks so pretty! Jan

• kairethebloomingfool
    15 years ago

Had a wonderful christmas! Tenderlee aka tennesseetrash is my SS an boy did she give me a perfect gift, I love old rusty,weathered garden treasures. I now have a lovely weathervain with a great sailboat standing out, that is already proudly placed in my front garden.Tenderlee also sent me a lovely glass angel ...ohhh an a berlap sack with santa in felt,This sack is great my dd already has it pegged for all her collection of horses. Thank you tenderlee aka tennesseetrash

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Thank you for posting, Kariethebloomingfool! I have been on pins and needles wondering if you received your gift! So glad you like it!!!

Here's a pic of what I sent Karie:

{{gwi:128888}}

I'm so glad she likes it, and I look forward to next year's Secret Santa! Sure was fun.

Thanks again to Cindee for my great garden wagon! I love it and will always keep it. *hugs to cindee* and *hugs to karie* *hugs to carol & kirk* ~tenderlee

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

Here's Mine !! Here's Mine !!! Sorry I'm late - Santa left me a nasty virus ( and not a computer one either --ugh--I was soooooo sick ) Today is my first day back at the computer since Christmas. Katieshooked was my SS .... she sent me a candle light . Now I See why Fragile and breakable were written all over the box ! The top has yellow glass windows so when a candle is lit - a warm glow comes from inside. I could't have picked out a better gift - I love my Birds !!! Hugs to my SS ( I'll keep the germs to myself ) LOL

{{gwi:128889}}

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

Sunny,

Both the brown and the blue ones have a refelction in them (me taking the photo) but there is a chinese pistachio tree and the blue sky! I was trying to find a good spot to take the photo of that......Thanks for the wonderful comments. BUT, it doesn now belong to Mevie! :-)

Love, Jules

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

Another picture .

I had DH take a pic of me and my precious SS guft !

{{gwi:128890}}

Kathy a/k/a Toomuchglass

• leveta
    15 years ago

Hi Kathy its good to see you. Everything is sooo great...It HAS to be said again....We have the BEST people on this site....

• katishooked
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Leveta I second that. Wonderful minds too. Kathy nice to see ya. Glad you are better. Happy to know you got the SS gift ok.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Kathy, glad you are up & about!! YOu look so pretty in the blue top & matches the blue bird on the lovely candle light! Jules, Melvie should really enjoy the reflections in her totem you made! It looks animated so "scene" will change as day goes by. I think that's really cool!!! Hoping Kirk & Carol got all their problems solved so can enjoy New Year's!! Hot water & electricity are always a plus!!LOL I think this year had lots of lovely gifts & so much excitement & loved the Christmas trees & glimpses into the decorated homes!!It was about perfect ,oh, I think Lauratheme's gift is still out there somewhere. Hope her person gets it soon!! Happy New Year!!!My son gets in wed night about midnight!! Happy Day!!!! Jan

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

We got home at 1:00 this morning, our luggage will arrive some time today. This first thing I did this morning was open my SS box. My SS sent me the neatest garden theme tray which I can use by my sewing machine, a bird and flower arrangement which will probably live with my big pot houseplants and a couple of candles that smell like apple cider (can't wait to light those!). There was a pretty glass candle holder in the box too but it didn't survive the trip. The box was pretty beat up. Waaaaah. : (
    My SS is Melinda who lives in Charlotte NC. Her screen name is Treasureforu.
    Thanks Melinda!!!!!

• kelly_oh
    15 years ago

Hi all! sorry it has taken me so long to sign in, family has been sick, sick, trips out of town, etc. I completely LOVE my gift from my SS - Sylvia in VA aka "nmgirl". She made me something I bookmarked a while ago, and have been a little timid to make. It is a beautiful glass bell, made from a vanity lamp. It sounds wonderful, besides just being pretty. here's a picture with me, I hate having my picture taken, so this is a big deal :).

{{gwi:128891}}
    well, I hope the picture shows up, I have a new computer here at work and our IT guy has blocked a lot of sites, so I can't tell if the pict is there, all I get is the dreaded red x, and my computer at home is acting up, so I won't be able to check there.
    As everyone else has said, Thank you so much Kirk and Carol, this has been so much fun!! maybe we should do a Christmas in July thing, too.........

• kelly_oh
    15 years ago

well, here's a link, in case that doesn't work.

Here is a link that might be useful: SS 2008 gift

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Whoops! I organized our Photbucket files and lost the link to our Secret Santa pictures above! Here's the link below. The first four are from Jeanne and the last four are from Sandy. The clay pot wreath is from Cindee last year and the bottlebug is from luvs2click last year. ENJOY! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Secret Santa Gifts

• chelcass
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Just back from Florida and this is the first I have been able to post.

First: Happy New Year!!

Second: Got some super stuff from my Secret Santa, GypsySparrow. Got a great little dish I am going to use as part of a totem and a thermometer plaque without the thermometer part. I think I am going to turn this into a clock. will try and post a picture. Thanks so much GypsySparrow.

Hugs, ChelCass

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

Hey Kelly_oh! Please try posting your link again!

• midnitecrafter
    15 years ago

Thank You Laura aka laurastheme. I received my S.S. gift the day before NewYears. I love the garden girl statue and have plans in the works for the others. You certainly chose the perfect gifts! My daughter wanted to know if she could have it, as she's off to school next year and collecting items from around the house to decorate her place. I said "No Way". Hope everyone had a Happy Holiday Season, it's been fun reading all these posts. Thanks Again, Laura. Sharon
    {{gwi:128892}}

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

Great gifts folks! As soon as I find my camera (hard to imagine that a house with 5 boys has misplaced anything!) I'll post pics of the cute Princess bag and all the great goodies that my delightful SS sent to me. You may remember that I couldn't resist the jingle bells I heard and opened it as soon as I got it in December! I'm glad that I did!

I am a little concerned. My person said that they recieved my package but nothing at all since then. I hope that she liked it. I know that I had a great time making it!

Happy New Year my GJ friends!

~~Mimi

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

Sharon, I'm so glad you finally got the package. The employees at my local post office were certainly baffled about the return. A friend of mine said she had 3 Christmas cards returned this year because of incorrect addresses...even though the addresses were correct. I think some of the postal employees were sipping on too much buttered rum.

• gypsysparrow
    15 years ago

Chelcass, I'm glad you like the thermometer plaque! I thought it was pretty and could be turned into something!

I want to thank Sandra(Imjustsam) for my lovely gifts, a birdhouse, teacup bird feeder, and a book of faith. Oh, and thanks for the pic. of your sweet dog!

• ohgirl
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!!!
    Sorry Iam so slowwww to post!
    My Mom use to say "Girl you was even born late" lol
    Here's my "Secret Santa" gifts that I will always cherish!
    Thank-you so much MzClassic!!!!
    {{gwi:128893}}

• ohgirl
    15 years ago

Oh..........
    And here's a picture of me holding the gift I LOVED the most! OH, I love all the gifts for sure. But this one is
    SPECIAL to me!

{{gwi:128894}}

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

It was worth the wait!! What great gifts!! I love the faucets on board too! The butterfly house is adorable & colbalt blue hummer feeder & painted flowers are so nice!! MzClassic did a great job on everything!! Glad to meet you ohgirl!!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Great to see you and your SS gifts, ohgirl. You're in our family album now! You got some super things and that faucet board is really special.
    Nice going MzClassic.

I keep saying we have the BEST SS group, but its true!
    I can hardly wait till next year and I'm sure all of you feel the same. The finding and giving was as much fun as the getting!

hugs, Karen

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Ohgirl, You got some really neat gifts! I'm in love with that faucet picture!!

Karen, Me too...I can hardly wait 'til next year!! This has been a blast!!

~Sandy~

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Did someone say that there is a second Christmas in July this year? LOL!

• ohgirl
    15 years ago

Hi all!!!
    Yesss I really love the faucet flowers!!!!!
    Actually adore it!! Thank-you forever MzClassic!
    It won't go outside! I have it right beside me on the wall in my computer room! I show everyone my gift!!!!
    This is my 1st photo ever of myself on the net. Been apprehensive about showing myself. You all have been so friendly and kind, I just could not help myself.......
    Really love all of you!
    Lynn aka OHgirl

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

Lynn,
    Great to meet you! What a great gift you got! I love the faucet painting! What a clever idea MzClassic. I'll have to go and find me some of those faucets....
    Love, Jules

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Princess Mimi, I was having anxiety over whether or not my SS recipient was pleased with my gift or did it arrive in pieces!!! LOL I finally emailed her. It turned out that she "loved" the handmade wooden fairie door, hand painted bird on granite, and Welcome signs!!!! Her camera is not working and there was some sickness at their home. Since this was my first Garden Junk SS exchange I just had to know if my gifts were exceptable!!!!!!!! It took me a week to make the Fairie Door and I was 'rockin and realin' with delight and Christmas mischief!!! Now I wish I would have taken a picture of the items because I know ya'll would get a kick out of the suprise details!!!!!!!!!

Susiewantsfeedback LOL LOL LOL

• kelly_oh
    15 years ago

So, I understand no one can get to my gift. I'm trying again. {{gwi:128896}}">

I completely love it, but I can't decide if its going outside come summer or staying inside. Again this beautiful bell was from nmgirl, the conductor of the 2009 junk train!!

• leveta
    15 years ago

Oh how pretty is that....

• Bright199
    15 years ago

I just love them all. You are a buch of very talented giving people!!! The fauct picture is wonderful. There's not one gift that I wouldn't love to have. Thanks everyone for a great Christmas.

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Kids.............
    @ L A S T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my pics.......................................

# 1The Beautiful Vintage Stained Glass Votive Holder
    with the flower cut outs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{gwi:128897}}

# 2The Special Carved PRAYING HANDS!!!!!!!

{{gwi:128898}}

Given to me...
    by the
    â¥SPECIAL DYNAMIC D U O â¥~~~Mr Kirk & His
    * * * * LOVELY BRIDE>>>MS CAROL!

T H A N K S ~~~ Kids....
    " YOU LIGHT UP MY * LIFE * ! ! !

God Bless!!!
    â¥SusieSunshineâ¥
    ( > 8 ~~~ me with my rose colored glasses...
    smil'n @ YA ' LL ! ! !

H A P P Y ~ ~ ~ NEW ~ ~ ~ YEAR !!!!!!!!!

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Oh, Susie! You made our day by posting these pictures! Thank you! When I think of you, I think of a special lady who prays. We saw the carved hands and knew they were just perfect for you. The stained glass candle was a find at a church rummage sale...you are a LIGHT in the world! Thank you for the blessing that you are! WE LOVE YOU! Bear Hugs & Love, Kirk, Carol, Benjamin and Olivia

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Love the votive candle holder- just beautiful!!!
    I would have to have that where I could see it every day!! The praying hands are beautiful!! Susie is a lucky lady!! Kirk & Carol have such good taste in treasures!!!Just the perfect gift for a lady that lights up the GJ forum!!! Jan

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

YES>>>>> Sunnyca ...
    You are soooooooo right about Kirk & Carol having
    such gooooooooood taste ! ! ! They are quite the
    crafty... Creative..... Shoppers... These two...
    well what can I possibly say...
    THEY are soooooooooooooooooooo
    ** S * P * E * C * I * A * L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They take such pride... in getting to KNOW people..
    and helping to make things SPECIAL for others !!!
    THEY........ Helped organize the SS last year..
    and this year... and that was indeed alot of work !!!!!!

and Knowing Ms Carol has not been feeling on top of the world.... and Mr Kirk .... having \*\*ALL\*\* that SNOW Shoveling... and PLOWING>>> etc... on top of ALL the Teaching ~ Preaching ~ Caring ~ Sharing !!!!! Parenting..... Cheering... etc..... THEY ARE INDEED MY SPECIAL \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*DYNAMIC ~ ~ ~ DUO \* \* \* \* \* !!!!!!!!!!!!!! They Shine Bright.... Helping us all to keep it TOGETHER>>> and GIVE US ~ \* ~ \* ~ \* H O P E ~ \* ~ \* ~ \* to carry on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA !!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU KIRK & CAROL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS ! SusieSunshine........ \*\*\* JUST A REMINDER>>>> MY GIFTS MEAN THE WORLD TO ME>>>>> CAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT>>>>> with out PRAYING HANDS..... I could never make it.... and this Special Gift... a SPECIAL REMINDER>>>>> "THANKS AGAIN"!!
  • Dottie B.
    15 years ago

OMG...I haven't checked this post in a few days....what awesome gifts.

Those faucet flowers are fabulous and that wind chime is devine.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?