Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandyl121261

Secret Santa Picture Time

sandyl
12 years ago

Ok I guess i'll be first: What an awesome Christmas, Azcactusflower was my Secret Santa and boy did she put together some awesome goodies for me. I truly appreciate the thoughtfulness of the items selected. Here is a picture of all my goodies, there was two sunny faces that I'll be hanging on either my fence or on my storage shed , there was a bakers rolling pin, ceramic snail, ceramic flower pot, ceramic bell, Christmas dish towel, Christmas coffee mug with hot coco mix, welcome sign thingy, several ornaments, one was an S which is for Sandy and is current hanging on my Christmas Tree, one was a beautiful butterfly, also a long butterfly stringer that I'll hang on my storage shed. I also received some ornamental artichoke seeds that I'll be planting come spring, a Desert in Bloom 2012 calendar and two drink coasters and two little pink piggy's. Thanks so very much Azcactusflower . I truly enjoyed reading the note you included in the box and I'll find a use for all the goodies I received. Merry Christmas: Thank You, SandyL

Here is a picture: {{gwi:128984}}

Comments (27)

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Wow! Great bunch of junk!! You got so many wonderful things to play with. Can't wait to see what you do with these treasures. I have to download my pictures to Photobucket before I can post them here. Working on it!!

Thanks for starting this thread. Can't wait to see what everybody else got.

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Ok here they are. Not in the correct order but................Thank you so much OldCrafty. I just love everything.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2011 Secret Santa Swap

• tehuti
    12 years ago

Waaaahoo! What a haul!
    This should keep me busy for a bit.
    {{gwi:128985}}

• azcactusflower
    12 years ago

DollyDee was my SS. I received some very nice things from her. All of which I can use.First of all I LOVE the crystal totem she sent me. It will look very lovely in my garden come spring.I also got the cutest little basket made from pinecones, 2 cool bottles,a metal butterfly, a wooden star, sun and dragonfly,a tiny ceramic bird, a ceramic watering can pot, a metal candle holder with a yellow flower and butterfly,a beautiful ceramic vase with peacocks,(blue is my favorite color!!!!). href="http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m576/sprov85543/?action=viewät=MVC-019S.jpg"; target="_blank">{{gwi:128986}}
    I also got the cutest little ceramic Birdhouse Inn, on which the roof was unfortunately broken. BUT I think I can glue it back together. I am going to try.
    {{gwi:128987}}
    Thank you so much DollyDee, everything you choose to send me is beautiful and I will use it for sure. Your choices fit me very well. A job well done. Thanks again!
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and will have a super New Year.

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Oh My Robert, what a haul. Everything a welder could want. Thanks for posting a picture.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Thanks to Kim546 for my Secret Santa gifts! Been busy, busy for the past two days, but I'm hoping to get pictures posted tomorrow!!

• kim546
    12 years ago

Thank you Marlene_2008 for the SS gifts! I hope mine got to you with no breakage. I will be traveling, so will post pix soon for everyone. Thanks for so many pretties:) Kim546

• dollydee
    12 years ago

Oh AZ, I'm so sorry the birdhouse arrived damaged!! No matter how large or how many times you write FRAGILE on the box, I don't think they even see it!! Hopefully it can be salvaged!

To, my SS Max, I love everything you sent and I will get pix posted ASAP. Love all the happies everyone got :)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, looks like a FUN time (as always)...& such great GJ! Love it! TFS, you Secret Santa's! Enjoyed lookin'! Can't wait to see what robert comes up with...great load for his GJ (art!) Jeanne S.

• a.girl.named.max
    12 years ago

Secret Santa Burwoodbelle was especially good to me! Attached is a sampling of the items she sent. There were many shells, beads, and crystals that aren't in the photos. The iron pig is adorable and the gnomes and mushroom will be a welcome addition my fairy garden. Oh, and the insect repellent is a great idea considering that the Minnesota State bird is the mosquito. I love it all!

I have a question for Burwoodbelle....did you make the gazing ball and if so please explain how you did it.

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

--- a girl named Max

{{gwi:128988}}

{{gwi:128989}}

{{gwi:128990}}

• a.girl.named.max
    12 years ago

Hi again,

I can't believe I forgot to mention the great gardening magazines that Burwoodbelle passed on to me. I have literally spent hours paging through the them, getting ideas, and dreaming about my garden plans for next year. Another great Secret Santa gift. Thank you.

• sandyl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here is a picture of items Burwoodbelle received from her Secret Santa Chelcass. Burwoodbelle is my mom and we are having a bit of a problem uploading the picture to mom's computer so I said I would post the picture for her. Mom and I opened our gifts on Christmas Eve here a my house and boy did Mom hit the jack pot for bling, bling, Oh my goodness Mom has more crown jewels then England. Check out all the bling, bling.. Chelcass mom truly appreicates all the items she received.. Santa was good to her..Again many thanks from Burwoodbelle... {{gwi:128991}}

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Hi Sandy, I'm so glad your mom loved everything. The *Bling* is from my mother. Who passed away back in '97 and I have had her jewerly stored in my attic since. I finally got it down and went thru it. When I saw your mom wanted some *Bling* I knew exactly what to send. The jewerly dates from the '50's thur the '80's. This is only a small amount of the jewerly she had. The glass angel I made ( I do stained glass) she is a guardian angel and needs to hang in a window so she can watch over everybody. The spoons and fork are windchimes. Hang them together on a curtain and let the breeze blow them. They sound so pretty.

• burwoodbelle
    12 years ago

Hi Chelcass,Sandy my DD had to post my picture for me of my Secret Santa treasures.(Photobuckets and me are on the outs)Thank you so much for everything.It was very exciting when I open each bag of jewelery just see what was in it.How do you beat the spoons so flat.Lovem,angel,glass saucers,ornaments,bucket,mailbox,turtle.O heck I love it all.Thanks again!!!!!
    Burwoodbelle

• burwoodbelle
    12 years ago

Hi Max,Yes I did the little gazing ball!!!!!The ball is a regular size soft ball.I used GE Silicone two to glue the half marbles on.After 24hr.I put the grout on and carefully wipe of excess grout.Let dry 24hr then use steel wool to clesn dry grout off.
    PS I would not put it ouside in winter.
    Pat L.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Here are my Secret Santa gifts. Thanks so much Kim! And thanks especially for the handmade gingerbread man ornament! He's on my Christmas tree.

{{gwi:128992}}

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Pardon me for taking sooooooo long to post a pic. First I was under the weather a few days and then loading my pic was NOT happeneing. Finally got it to co-operate today.

R Murray sent me some real goodies!! Gotta say my favorite is the iron squirrell. He is larger than the pic makes him appear. Looks like everyone had a very nice exchange.
    Thanks for being my Super Santa!

{{gwi:128993}}

• a.girl.named.max
    12 years ago

Old Crafty,

I discourage squirrels in my yard but the iron squirrel Robert sent you is welcome anytime! Did Robert make the mushroom?

... Max

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

He didn't say but I figured he did. Can't wait for the new spring garden so I can put it out. He did a wonderful job and I like the colors he used.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Great gifts, oldcrafty! That squirrel is a keeper for your gardens!!! I wouldn't chase him away! Nice 'shroom, too!

Looks like everyone had fun 'gifting'...Have fun w/your garden junk (art), GJers! TFS! Jeanne S.

• tehuti
    12 years ago

Yes, I did it, I made the 'shroom. I thought I saw squirrel on the list or maybe I'm ageing. :D

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Did Murry make the butterfly too? I like that rusty look to it also, will go well with the squirrel & mushroom!! Looks like some great GJ is going to be going in gardens come spring!! Jan

• chelcass
    12 years ago

BurlwoodBelle,

My husband takes a 2 lb. sledge hammer to them. He pounds each one on a piece of steel he has sitting on the garage floor. He then drills a hole in the handle with our drill press. Anytime I send silverware it is usually hammered and drilled.

• sandyl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Robert for the Christmas Card, I look forward to seeing the many projects you make out of all the iron / steel pieces, get your welder out and get busy. SandyL

• dollydee
    12 years ago

So sorry it has taken me so long to get pics uploaded. Been busy getting my 22 yr old son moved to New York city! Thanks again Max for all the goodies!! My fav is the Angel, I love her :)
    {{gwi:128994}}
    {{gwi:128995}}
    {{gwi:128996}}

• a.girl.named.max
    12 years ago

You're welcome. I'm glad she made the trip safely. Max

• nonacook
    12 years ago

I loved seeing all the things that were sent in the
    gift exchange. I don't participate, but do enjoy
    the photos, and get inspiration from some of the
    things. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work!