Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

Ready to get back to normal

smickerdoodle
15 years ago

I love the holiday season, but I am glad it is almost over. I am ready to get life back to normal. I am ready to start thinking about gardening again. I want to get some garden junk done and ready to plant in the spring. I had the kids take down all the decorations today while I was at work. Now I can start to play again.

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I too love the Fall and Holiday season. The house is so full of color and I really enjoy Christmas decor. I hate putting it away, sort of depressing to see how blah and 'empty' it suddenly looks till I get used to it again.
    LOL (Yeah, I know, EMPTY is not a word associated with my houseful of stuff. LOL).

We just have to contend with the horrible heat in Phx from first of May till 1st of Nov. This is the beautiful time of year, and I don't want to rush Spring one bit cause that means the heat will be back asap. I need to enjoy our "so-called" winter. Its the best time of year. Mid 60s, sunny, and I really enjoy being outside and then coming in to really feel like WINTER thanks to Xmas decor up.

hugs, Karen

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

I love the holidays,too ! Once New years is over with , down come the decorations & along comes the "long winter " in Wisconsin . Instead of suffering from cabin fever this year -- I have a ton of Garden stuff I want to work on .
    ( I need a good head start ! ) That'll keep me smiling .

**** I can take whatever weather Mom nature dishes out ... I might not like it - but I can take it ! I wouldn't want it any other way . *big smile*

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

Yeah, I think I'm ready to get back to normal--whatever that means. As much as I like vacation it does have a way of making me weird and all whacked out. Chocolate does NOT help in keeping a better sleeping schedule. So, tomorrow all my Christmas is coming down and getting packed away. Yep, hubby, boys and me too will be cleaning out the garage, sorting, tossing, donating,etc....Hopefully this Friday we'll be able to get out to our Getaway and cut some firewood to haul back here. After our snow melted it's been 40's some nights and others in the 20's--as warm as 60's some days too.....so it's not bad. Theres been a layer of ice on the large rock on my pond for about 4 days now....looks like it finally melted today!

Enjoy the days we have off together with family and friends before the hectic days of monotonous schedules begin again.

Love, Jules

• leveta
    15 years ago

I'm already looking at seed cat. New kinds of pumpkins and such. Still doing nuts. We still got 16 5gal buckets waiting to be cracked and picked out. We are having a combo xmas/New years get together in my shop sunday for DH's family. Then I guess after that the decorations will come down. There are so many things I want to get started on for next season....

• nancyjeanmc
    15 years ago

I'm ready, too! I am loving the clean, uncluttered, white look of all of the January magazines...a wiping the slate clean look. The proverbial "new beginning."

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Here, Here! I agree! We take our decorations down usually on New Year's day. My DH and DD usually whine the whole time, but I'm ready to get it packed away and put up the usual things. I usually do some type of indoor renovation project during the winter. Last year was a putting down a new wood floor in the dining room. This year's project: The laundry/utility room! Boy, does it need a face lift!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

I might try to do some sewing until planting time comes around. Every year when I watch the Scrooge movies I just love his House Coat. It is not a robe, or a bath robe, it is a full length smoking jacket coat. Some Black/white movies show many women wearing similar. It is a coat to wear in the house over your clothes. This would eliminate all of the throw blankets that are contantly hitting the floor. I have a very old pattern stored away (purchased from ebay several years ago) and just digging for it in my craft room will be an adventure. It even occured to me to use upholstery fabric (already on hand) because of it's weight. Now I am just mulling this idea over in my mind and have not jumped in yet. It would challenge my sewing skills way beyound my current abilities. It usually is cold here until mid March. This may be a nice switch-up for a while.

Susie

• leveta
    15 years ago

susie I want to see it when you get it done. I love that kinda thing. My SIL is from england and her uncle directed the first christmas carol movie. She brought me back some great stuff for my shop from the flea markets over there. I think over there they are called boot sales...

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

We wait til little christmas to take down the tree and the decorations.Its kind of sad when we put away everything.
    Then I'll start my winter seed sowing.Planning on new places to put plants.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Ahhh, it comes and goes so quickly anymore! But I am so thankful that the weather let everyone get home (and back home, again!)...a day later than expected because of ice...but then all ok. And, it is EVER so QUIET around here for a few days! (miss those pitter-patters & smiles & good morning, gramma!)

Lookin' at sewing projects that I didn't get done before winter...and always lookin' at recycled magazines & cats for gardening ideas& of course, GJer's ideas! DH is tearing into the laundry/bath downstairs..which also definitely needs a facelift...like Marlene's.

God is good...another yr. is beginning...so let's enjoy! Happy New Year! Jeanne S. p.s. Iowa Hawks just won their 'Gator bowl game! Yeah!

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions