Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum!! Show your Christmas Trees!

kudzukween
15 years ago

Frohe Weihnachten !

Merry Christmas !

Let's see your tree!

We got our tree up Thursday, and decorated it for the last few days. Here it is all lit up, and I can't get a good photo of it lit! ( any suggestions??LOL) and a close-up of it with lights off...

grapevine wound around the tree as garland

grapevine orbs, large and small hearts

birds' nests

glass birds

magnolias

pine cones

gold,silver,clear and crystal,pearl and burgandy colors

bead garlands

gold ribbons

gold star on top

ya know what?? typing this list I realize I didn't get the pine cones on there...I knew something was missing...and it's those cinnamon scented pine cones I had to PAY MONEY for last year when we didn't feel safe walking in the woods because of the meth problems in this area. LOL....we walked out this year, but didn't even find any!! (pine cones or meth labs :D)

Kudzu

{{gwi:129129}}

{{gwi:129130}}

{{gwi:129131}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Comments (57)

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Cherry & Susie, your trees are just fabulous! So lush.

Bright199, I enjoyed your Christmas album. The $1.50 gold tree was so lovely the way you displayed it on your fireplace. And your den looks so inviting with the beautiful tree.

I only have 2 small trees inside this year. Not much time to decorate. But here's a pic of our daughter and grandsons on the porch today in front of a lighted tree outside. Ain't nothin' to brag about (the tree) but I always love braggin' about those grandsons :-) Sorry the pic is so big. Enjoy your holidays ~tenderlee

{{gwi:129138}}

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

What sweet little elves tenderlee. You've got the right to brag for sure.
    I love everyone's trees. I don't have one yet. This is our first Christmas since the death of my dear mil, and I think the loss is affecting me all over again. Usually get one at the beginning of December, much to dh's dismay. Now he's even asking for a tree, lol. It was nice to see the pics. I found myself remembering how much I (usually) love Christmas. Maybe tomorrow...
    kathy

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Kathy,

We are doing the same thing because of varied circumstances here. I had to post pics of past Christmas's. This is the first time that Hubs and I are on the down side together. He is usually strong for me and I encourage him when things get rough for him. Not this year. Our list of "STUFF" seems to cast a shadow on any merry making. I think I will start a thread and ask our Garden Pals What Christmas Is All About for folks like us.

Susie

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Can you guess what I collect?
    {{gwi:129139}}

{{gwi:129140}}

{{gwi:129141}}

{{gwi:129142}}

{{gwi:129143}}

Holy Holidays to all!

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Gosh, this is like going out to look at Christmas lights but I don't have to leave the comfort of my home! Gorgeous trees, all of them! Kudzukween, I like that little tree with the sewing paraphernalia. That is so (or is it sew?) cute! Goldpond, I was scrolling down looking at your HUMONGOUS Raggedy Ann & Andy collection when I saw the top of the nativity scene. I thought, don't tell me this woman managed to find a Raggedy Jesus too! lol! Tenderlee, those are some big strappin' young lads your daughter has! What a great picture of the 3 of them! Thanks for sharing all your pictures, everyone! It was a real holiday treat for me (who is playing a J-O-O along with her B/F this year since I'm not in the holiday spirit he-he).

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I love everyone's trees!! And what cute grandbabies!! We held back and didn't put any electric trains out, or any nativities. I did the Advent Wreath, even though I couldn't find the ceramic Nativity Advent frame. And we haven't driven around looking at any lights. Wow,Golden, I can tell you love a certain story! lol.......I have a very,very old Raggedy Ann book that I'm going to scan the pages (the pages it has left!) on my blog. Keep checking for it, in case you want to download some for clip art or to frame. If some are drawn on, or damaged, and I'm able....I'll try to repair them in a photo shop :D
    Susie...I just watched the Grinch movie with my grandson ( the Jim Carrey one) where they turn the lights on the contest and people have to put their sunglasses on! What a massive tree! I love the gold tinsel on it, and I'm not a tinsel person ( I hate to vacuum it up all year,lol) It's beautiful.

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Cherry,

I used red and gold tincel. When the air is stirred it gives movement to the tree. It is worth the effort to get that effect alone. Raggedy idea is so sweet of you for the Blog!

Golden,

Love the Raggedies and their classic status in our culture.

This is so much fun!!!!

Susie

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Well, I finally got all my trees done! It was getting where I figured they wouldn't be finished until the New Year. Sort of like my Christmas cards...that won't be Christmas cards this year...but New Years cards! LOL This has never happened to me before! I feel like a failure this year! Oh well...as long as I get my baking and Swedish meatballs done, I'll be a happy girl!!

This is the tree in my family room. Now, the darling Rudolph Toomuchglass sent me is under it, but I took the picture before I received it.

{{gwi:129144}}

This one is in the front hall.

{{gwi:129145}}

I guess the bows show that I wasn't up for fussing this year! LOL

Then there are the trees on the enclosed porch...

{{gwi:129146}}

They light up at night...but I'm too lazy to look for the lighted pictures! LOL

This is in the breakfast room...

{{gwi:129147}}

And...last but not least...I finally finished the tree in the living room. Can you see the train on it?

{{gwi:129148}}

Well...did you find the train?

The trees are done. WHOOHOO!! Now for the baking and cooking....my favorite part of the holidays!!

~Sandy~

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

use2b I looked at your red trimmed tree and thought it was walking with red shoes then saw they were cardinals,,,,,ahhh
    mad cow has been acting up LOL (had to watch Boston Legal to get that )

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Sandy, I love that you ahve so many. The big one is beautiful.
    I went to look at Christmas lights with a friend in my home town, and today dh and I got a little Charlie Brown tree. It is on the porch, probably bring it in tomorrow. I'll look for your other thread, Susie.
    kathy

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Sandy, I loved the train in the middle of your big Xmas tree last year..and still think its such a cool idea.
    Your little trees are delightful too.

My little purple tree with purple ornaments
    {{gwi:129149}}

my "funky" natural type tree with Shiny Bright/Radko type ornaments
    {{gwi:129150}}

my wall tree with almost 600 lights and loads of ornies
    {{gwi:128788}}

my new, slim tree in urn with crystal clear type ornaments
    {{gwi:129151}}

hugs 'n happy holidays,
    Karen

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

Here's a few shots of my fairy village and the community Christmas tree.

{{gwi:129152}}

{{gwi:129153}}

{{gwi:129154}}

Sorry the photos are so big. I can't seem to get the clickable thumbnail option to work over at Photobucket this morning. Perhaps it doesn't matter since the houses and tree are small.
    I know this doesn't look very village-y. We're going home for Christmas and I wasn't in the mood to put up a lot of decorations, etc. and not be around to enjoy them. (And have to put them all away when we return.) Usually I would have a scenario set up with more landscaping and stuff.

I don't have any photos of the individual houses yet, haven't had time or inspiration to do it. Perhaps after New Year's.....

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Sandy and Karen, your trees are absolutely gorgeous. I love the train in the middle of yours Sandy (and I covet those two sandpiper birds in your breakfast room)! Karen I love that funky crooked tree! How adorable is that? nmgirl, I love your fairy houses and little tree! They are so magical! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of Christmas decorations! This an awesome thread. Thanks, kudzukween, for starting it all!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

NM, that is such a cute idea to have a Fairy Village Christmas. I will have to 'file' that idea for next year too. Tho I don't have fairy houses like you do, better get busy and make me some kind I guess!

Luna, my photos didn't turn out very well, except maybe the wall tree one. The trees are much prettier (especially lit) and have a lot of stuff on them that didn't show up.

Its sure fun to see everyone's decorations. I never get enough of Xmas decor, and wish it last longer. Time goes too fast.

hugs 'n Happy Holidays,
    Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: my Christmas album

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Oh WOW, this is fun...I'm with luna...this is like "lookin' at lights" without leaving your house! Thanks, everyone! I've enjoyed all the glamour & glitter...and folksy and warm...and just am smiling at how everyone does their own thing to celebrate Christmas! ... whether years past or present.

You know my GJ name ...so, of course, I've got lots of "pine trees" up this time of the yr...my friends give me a hard time when we're shopping the after Christmas sales in Jan. and always point out the "trees" for sale...telling me I need another one. Great friends! So here's mine:

The is the porch tree...lots of pine cones & a few ornaments..and, yes, that's my SS gift under it. The feed tub is the iceskating rink for my glass snowmen...lights under plexiglass with blue seran wrap & fake snow.
    {{gwi:129155}}
    This trio of pine tres with trio of snowmen carolers sits on top of an old trunk on porch...carolers made by an old friend:
    {{gwi:129156}}

This "folgers coffee can" was made by one of my DD...so it holds miniature snowmen ornaments...some I bought from GD fundraiser years past...and accumlated others:
    {{gwi:129157}}

Last one on porch...penguin iceskaters tree...very plain with red folded paper stars:
    {{gwi:129158}}

Pearl tree, some of my Mom's costume jewelry...and the musical angel she gave us one Christmas:
    {{gwi:129159}}

Tinsel tree in family room in basement...not real old but the color wheel is from my DH childhood Christmas'..pic does not do it justice...glass icicle ornaments & glass prisms:
    {{gwi:129161}}

And the family tree ... the one with ornaments thru the years...a fake tree now the last 5 yrs...with Mr. & Mrs. Santa in front...all the little GC have loved them!

{{gwi:129162}}

{{gwi:129163}}

Ahh, I better quit!...I've got more, a snowman tree...small ones. Anyway, loved seeing your trees...hope you enjoy mine! Jeannespines

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Jeanne, I love your Snowman ice rink. What a cute idea.
    And Santa and Mrs Claus are really neat. Glad you shared your 'pines with us.
    hugs, Karen

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So beautiful......and I certainly agree with ya'll about this being like driving around looking at lights without leaving the house! I love it! I've now decided I CAN have more than one tree....just because it pleases me! Next year! See if I don't have one in every room...even the bathroom..maybe more than one!

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

Jeannespines, that color wheel brings back some memories. Growing up I had a friend that was a member of one of the more well heeled families in the community. They had a huge, and I mean huge, plate glass window in the front of their house. Every Christmas they'd put up an almost equally huge aluminum tree, I think it was almost 8' tall. Her dad was over 6' and he had to stand on a good sized step ladder to reach the top. The tree was one of those that would rotate, anyone remember that? They had two color wheels shining on the thing. Rotating tree, two color wheels, shining decorations.....it was something to behold! The line of cars driving past was also something to behold.
    I like the tree with paper decorations, that's more my style. The little tree with the jewelry is such a neat idea.
    I decorated a tree with feathers one year, it turned out really nice. My cats enjoyed it too. Did I mention I did it one year? We were fishing feathers out of the strangest places for weeks after.
    : )

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's trees and wonderful decorations! What fun! The weather has been so nasty here for the last week that we haven't even taken our annual "lights" tour. I finally got a few pictures of my trees and decorations to add to the group. Sorry they aren't the best I've ever taken. Hope each of you has a wonderful Christmas!

{{gwi:129165}}

{{gwi:129166}}

{{gwi:129167}}

{{gwi:129168}}

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

WOW...what wonderful trees and decorations you all have!! I love them all!! Everyone is so creative and clever!

Santa and Mrs. Claus are terrific!! I can see why the grandkids love them!

You all shamed me in to putting decorations on the naked trees on my porch. I usually do, but this year I thought I could get away with just the lights. Not on THIS forum!! LOL

{{gwi:129169}}

It's so cold here, Jack Frost came and decorated the porch windows for me. Apparently he knew I didn't have time! LOL

This morning, I decided to clean the window in the guestroom that I take pictures of wildlife at the feeders through. I tipped the window in and sprayed it with Windex. WHAT ON EARTH WAS I THINKING?!!!! IT WAS 3% OUT THERE!! It instantly froze, and I couldn't see a thing through the window...let alone take pictures!!!! LOL I had to use a hairdryer to melt the ice!

~Sandy~

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

OH Sandy I just have to take a minute and tell you how sweet the porch pic is!!! The teddy bears and the reindeer & the tree ... and the snow outside ... it's magazine pretty! Love that pic! Wish I was there on the comfy looking furniture!

I love Marlene's and Jeanne's too, thanks for those pics also, you're great decorators! ~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

capecdr...you pulled the OW Windex thing that I've done here at home before! LOL!!! I love your decorated pine trees on your porch ... I liked it plain, too! Would just love to cuddle up in that chair with the bears! Looks like a wonderful relaxing (chilly) place! We run a little electric heater when the kids are home so we can use the porch.

Pics never are as good as seeing the "real thing" in re to Christmas trees! Marlene, I think yours are wonderful...so beautifully adorned! Thanks for sharing also! That last tree looks very intriguing...with the lighthouse...cute!

kudz...I have a tree in the bathroom, too...and a snowman tree downstairs (about 4' & slender)...I'll post a couple pics...I love your "sewing" tree & these snowmen ornaments made me think of that tree.

tenderlee...oooooh, those GB's...extra hugs to them! & beautiful daughter!

Happy Holidays, everyone! And let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Can't do anything about it...just hope it lets up so kids can make it home! Jeanne S.
    snowman tree:
    {{gwi:129170}}

bathroomtree with gold stars:
    {{gwi:129171}}

Close-up of iceskating rink (last yr photo)& porch tree:
    {{gwi:129172}}

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Jeanne, that tub with the snow scene is soooo cute! Great idea to use the tub like that. I found a pretty tub at a yard sale for $2 that's kinda fancy, oval shaped with handles, and a rope design trim. Looks like silver but isn't. Didn't know what to do with it yet for sure, but that's one great idea I'll have to remember! Might end up drilling holes in bottom to make a potting container too. Love your idea with this! ~tenderlee

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Ohboyohboyohboy, MORE great photos!! I'm loving this time of year. Jeanne, I've saved the close-up of the skating rink for my Inspiration album on Holidays Forum.
    And your porch, Sandy, that is just so great decorated. That would make a cool Xmas card too.
    Marlene, your shelf with the Nativity and Angels is soooo
    pretty! Everything is tho. Love the way you draped the bead garland on the mantle.
    The beads are so popular this year, and so versatile for things as I'm finding out over on Holidays. One gal put ornament hooks on her bead garland and hung her Xmas cards that way. I made some ornaments for one of my trees by cutting up a bead garland...thanks to our gal here, Bright, showing how she did them.
    One can't have too many garlands!! Or beads, or wreaths, or trees. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Love everybody's trees!! The 2 bears in the chair are so cute & deer looks so comfy under the tree!! I do like it "dressed " a little better!! Are those paper ornaments? We went out for lunch today & I was so excited- they had paper snowflakes, Oriental folks run it now & probably made by their little ones at school, hadn't seen those for yrs. These were little different as each 1 was square!!!!! I still loved them but it bought back all those old memories of making them in school. I think we folded white paper until we had it in a cone shape & started cutting!! Oh, I love the antique lamp collection . They look so romantic & remind me of my aunt's house. You picked up the phone, made of oak & operator answered & you gave her 4 numbers & sometimes she'd say, Oh, the Williams are out of town! 1st time the phone answered when nobody was home, cracked me up!! Jan

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Jan, that makes me think of my grandmother's Party Line! One long and two short rings ... those were the days! (... the days we weren't talking & posting on this here internet LOL) ~tenderlee
    p.s. this is a beautiful thread, such great decorating, great photos!!!

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    15 years ago

Looked at and loved each and every post. Merry Christmas and Thank You All.
    {{gwi:129173}}From Dotty Pants
    {{gwi:129174}}From Dotty Pants

My Button Trees made with styro cones, felt, buttons, trinkets, old jewelry, corsage pins and beads.

Nell

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Nell, What a great use for buttons!!! The trees are lovely! I can't deceide which 1 I like best!! Wonder if I have enough buttons to make 1, have some cones in garage!!Might get started for next year!! I finished up about a minute before DD & family showed up!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Nell, your button trees are just delightful. What a great idea.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Jeannespines, I love all your trees and your Mr. & Mrs. Claus. I remember those aluminum trees all too well. My grandma had one with the color wheel light. She decorated it with blue ornaments. That snowman coffee can is so cute! I remember your cute glass snowmen from last year. They are adorable!

marlene_2008, your home is so pretty! Love all the girly pink stuff! And the fish tree is very cool! When I told Bob (my BF) that someone had a fish tree, he asked if the fish were alive before you put them on there. he-he He is a smart aleck even on Christmas day.

Sandy, your sunporch looks so pretty especially with the snowy background. I love your little trees and the deer.

Nell, I love those button trees too! I'll have to remember that for next Christmas. I like to mosiac and that is just another form of mosaic without the grout. The pearly one is gorgeous. I'll have to start collecting buttons.

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Nell, I love the button trees! Great way to use buttons. ~tenderlee

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Nell...those button trees are great!! Thanks for sharing them!

I have a collection of wonderful buttons from my grandmother that I plan to make a tree with. What a lovely way to display them!

~Sandy~

• Bright199
    15 years ago

I just love Christmas decorations!! Your trees are beautiful... so many ideas for next year.

Nell just love the button tree's... the pink one is so victorian looking.

Thanks everyone for sharing.

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

My Living room tree
    {{gwi:129175}}
    my kitchen tree
    {{gwi:129176}}
    My tree in LR is 85% santas.

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Everyone's trees are just great! I love seeing what other people do on their trees. I love the themed trees, but I really love the ones where folks use all of the ornaments collected over their lives that hold special significance or stories. Thanks to everyone for sharing with all of us this Christmas!

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Okay, now that I have High Speed Internet, I can look at this post without having to wait an hour to see the pictures! I am in awe of the beauty of everyone's trees! I love Christmas and Christmas trees! I was going to post mine but it's a nature tree right out of our woods...looks kind of plain in comparison to the beauty of your trees! I LOVE THEM ALL! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! Bear Hugs! Kirk

P.S. Nmgirl, I love your fairy houses! Send them my way! They would look great in our house! Marlene, your nativity scene is so nice! I could stand there looking at it all day! Sandy, your porch bears are calling my name! :o) Jeanne, I want to go skating with your snowmen! What a great idea with the washtub! (We go skating on our lake and pond. It's so much fun!)

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Speak about skating...here are my ice skating bunnies! Their little leggies aren't going in the right direction in this picture...and the pictures is a little blurry unfortunately. They're wearing the cutest little skates!! I got them several years ago, and love them!

{{gwi:129177}}

~Sandy~

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh how cute Sandy! I bet your grandkids can't wait to visit your house during the holidays! Your back porch photo is at the TOP of my personal favorites for this season. It makes me want to BE THERE! ~tenderlee

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Kirk, pllease post your tree!! I know it's just lovely. We love natural trees as well. I bet you have homemade orni's on it. We wanna see!!!!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Yes, Kirk, POST YOUR TREE! Pretty Please!
    And I'm so glad you got high speed now, I know these photo posts are so hard on those without it.

hugs, Karen

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Oh, you guys... Okay... Here is our Charlie Brown Christmas tree, a natural, old-fashioned, fir tree from our woods. It looks so much better in person but really is a neat tree. The next tree is last year's tree. I got in trouble from Carol because it was so tall! LOL (It even fell down once in the night! OMG!!!)

I also have to post the sock snowmen Carol made for everyone this year. The one posted is the one she made for our son Tyler, using camouflaged fleece for the hat and scarf since he is in the Army. HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Bear Hugs! Kirk

P.S. Since I have high-speed internet now (YAHOO!), I've been organizing our Photobucket pictures. I still have to take some time to set the background scenes on the files, but it's going to be so much easier to find our junk pictures! I posted the link below. ENJOY!

{{gwi:129178}}

{{gwi:129179}}

{{gwi:129180}}

{{gwi:129181}}

{{gwi:129182}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Photobucket Pictures

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I enjoyed seeing your tree, and having link to your PB photos. I never get to see that kind of pine tree here, so its a treat to see one for me.
    Carol's sock snowman army guy is darling. What did she do for the rest of you?

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Loved seeing your trees, Kirk! I have a question about the organizating albums...when I tried it and moved them into separate albums,they disappeared off the postings I had done.??? But, Purplemoon, has made all those albums in the Inspiration Album that works! Any ideas? Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Kirk, I so enjoyed the "walk" around your yard & all the lovely colors ! So many places to just take in the scenery! Such a forest just beyond! Ever lose a kid? I love the snowman Carol made from the sock, it's so cute!! Thanks purplemoon for doing the GJ albums, I use them often to look for ideas & now we can see each other!!Have a Happy & Safe New Year's eve! Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Jeanne, when you move photos from one album to another in Photobucket, it breaks any previous photo links. That's why I always post a new link to the main album page. And don't move any photos I've put in a post if I can help it.

hugs, Karen

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So nice to see this thread still going strong! Wow, LOVE all the trees..this is a great virtual tour!
    The button trees are Beautiful! It's so great to see everyone's idea of their Christmas trees. I get new ideas for my tree that way! How many leave their trees up til the 12th day of Christmas???? When we were little, we put our tree up on Christmas Eve most of the time. And it stayed up til the 12th day! We usually got a few more presents, too, during the 12 days of Christmas.

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Cherry Kudzukween,

I loved this thread so much. Just to get to see so many different trees really boosted my 'zip' this season. I was having trouble being jolly. Then I went digging through pics of past Christmases and realized what Christmas really meant to us. Thank you for sharing your joyfilled spirit with us all!

Susie

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Kirk, I LOVE your tree!! Real ones are so unique no two are alike. I'm soo glad you posted a picture. I like your Christmas bear display.

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Susie :D This cheers me up,too!
    Hey Kirk, that's what the tree looked like when I was growing up. We planted hundreds and hundreds with our mother it seemed like,even staying out in the woods til well past dark with all sorts of wild animals jumping around at us out there,(back then it was moonshiners you ran into on your property, now it's meth labs) and it was scary when you're only about 6 or 7 years old! I never inherited my mother's ability or want, to wander alone in the woods til wee hours of the morning. After I was married and lived here, we still cut down our own trees, until trespassers stole all of them(to sell, I guess)one year. Some grew back up from the trunks, but we didn't feel like fooling with them any more after that. The smell is great, there's no comparison to a live tree, but we broke down and got an ARTIFICIAL pre-lit one :D lol Too many allergies, they dried out quickly,too. Boy could I tell you some FUNNNNY stories us and the kids endured with live trees ( one year involving a crazy Himalayan cat we had :D )
    I can't wait til next Christmas!oh and I see Carol's tree skirt! It's just perfect.
    Cherry/Kudzu

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

We always had a real tree but finally gave in and bought an artificial one after the "Really dry tree year"!!

No amount of watering helped, and when we took it down, my ex-husband took it out on the front porch, gave it one hard bang on the porch floor and EVERY SINGLE NEEDLE FELL OFF!! Funniest thing I ever saw!!

Wasn't so funny though...when 3 years later...I was still vacuuming tree needles out of the carpet!!

Nothing compares to the look and smell of a real tree though! I still miss them!

And...how many of you still use tinsel? Every time the dog walked by the tree, the electricity pulled the tinsel off the tree and attached it to the dog. And, when the cat ate it...it was funny but not pretty! LOL

~Sandy~