Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

What did Santa bring ? Santa brought me a ------

toomuchglass
15 years ago

TILE SAW !!! LOL -- Yep ... I DO love tools ! I've been dying to try one for cutting up china & bottles and cups ... now I can experiment ! Nothing will be safe around me anymore. Santa also brought me a Michael's gift certificate. I guess I'm at that age that I have everything I need - now I can ask for - toys ~ LOL .

Did Santa bring you some good stuff ????

Comments (21)

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

WEll, a tile saw would be nice for me too :-) I love to have tools so that I can use them when I need to....One tool I've been needing and wanting is a new grill. Mine is old and still works--but on the verge of being so pathetic. So, I bought my honey a gun safe and he bought me a natural gas grill Weber E-310. We bought eahc other BIG BLACK BOXES! :-) We are supposed to pick it up prolly Friday or Saturday. I had origninally picked out a Perfect Flame Grill. Long story short was that I foudn out many who had bad expereinces with this brand of grill. So, before even opening the box we took it back for a refund. So, I'm looking forward to a better work of cooking machinery. My first choice was a RV or camper but those cost a lot more! :-( That's really what I would have preferred but I'm not complaining.
    HAve fun making ART with that tile saw---and don't be sawing any digits off!

Love, Jules

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Santa brought me Michaels gift cards from several family members, and also to Marshalls. So I can indulge my "stuff obsession" more. And I got a shopping trip to my favorite antique mall, where I found a bunch of goodies.
    My kind of fun, LOL.

hugs, Karen

• leveta
    15 years ago

I got a new little gold wedding band. And a very snuggly robe.

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

My daughter got me a rhinestone hanging heart necklace, and youngest grandson thought his PawPaw got it for me. He's standing next to me when I open the box and he sees it, and holds his hand up to whisper,loudly " I think PawPaw went to Jarrod's!". I got a gold crocheted short sleeved sweater and black slacks, but I couldn't wear it, it was SO HOT!!! I actually put in on and took it off twice. I had to wear a white cotton lace trimmed top I also got for Christmas :D My son's widow came over with my other two awesome grandbabies, and we had fun watching the boys play light saber duels, barefoot and in SHORTS! lol But youngest played too rough and hurt oldest, and his sister got upset that her little brother was hurt. I fussed at him to play nice, and then I see him pat her on the back and tell her " it's okay, chicks dig scars!"......LOLOLLLLLLLLL..that's what I tell him all the time when he falls and gets a bump. No gushing blood, no broken bones " bones heal, and chicks dig scars"...Keannu Reeves..some movie I forgot :D

We had a good day, we all ate too much, and had a great time :D

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Hubs and I were not intending on exchanging gifts this year because we were trying to be mature about a bad financial year. Then right close to Christmas the camera that my son gave me was malfunctioning. We had bought $25. worth of batteries to make it work and it drained them after 25 pictures. And it did not accommodate AA or rechargeables. Hubs knew how important it was for me to be able to post my secret Santa gift on Christmas. He came home with a camera on Christmas Eve.

He reads the Garden Junk posts every night.

It turned out to be a great Christmas.

Susie

{{gwi:129198}}

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

I have a problem with my batteries going dead right away. Doesn't matter if they're new or recharged. Had a few cameras, and son in law's video recorder, all batteries go dead. We seem to get many odd things in our photos,though. This is a brand new camera, and it goes dead pretty fast. So do my sisters cameras when they come over, and my daughter in laws. and the cell phones will go dead if you take photos with them.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Leveta, nothing says 'love' like a little gold band !

Kudzu, your grandkids comments had me laughing. Too cute!

SusieRose, I've said it before, your hunky DH is one very special guy! You are very blessed to have such a soul-mate.

Jules, maybe Santa will bring you that RV one of these days.
    Keep on wishing and dreaming.

hugs, Karen

• huntermom
    15 years ago

My DH has got the idea. He gave me a sodering iron, copper pipe and fittings for flowers and a garden flag. My DD gave me a dremel with accessories and my 3 yr old GS gave me a bag of rocks from $ tree. Who could ask for more?

• leveta
    15 years ago

Kudzu you know what they say about ghost draining batteries...lol..Ahhh susie that is so sweet. That's a great pic too...Dont' we all have the best DH's...and families...

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

huntermom- I think copper is worth it's weight in gold! Your DH did great! Dont tell anyone you have a dremel!!!! When I got one it was always at someone elses house. LOL You all of a sudden become very popular if you're the mom on the block with the Dremel!

We all are certainly blessed to be able to pursue our hobbies with the loving support of GJ friends and family.

Susie

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

I didn't get any fun toys like the tile saw....but I did get a carhart coat from mom...Have been wearing my spring jacket with a hoodie under it. Was starting to think it wasn't quite warm enough. I also got the exercise trampoline that I asked for from the kids. I want it to try to get back into shape after all the medical stuff last year. The kids also got me a gorgeous white gold necklace.

• chelcass
    15 years ago

Santa was very generous this year. Along with a bunch of scrollsaw blades, paint brushes, oil pencils, tips for my woodburning tool, hubby surprised me with a Taurus 3 glass saw. I about fell out of my chair. I never even mentioned it but my two other saws are out of commission so.....................Yeeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I am a happy camper.

Santa's helper's (sister in law and partner) got me my carbon paper I desperated needed, more tips, paint brushes and oil colors and three new paperbacks from my favorite authors. Plus they got me a new woodburning pen with lots of tips and extra doodads.............Yeah! I'm glad someone reads my christmas list. I don't know which project to do first................

I was going to take down the little 3 foot christmas tree (freecycle)and hubby said no leave it up ? ? ? ? ? He suggested I make ornaments for Valentines Day, St. Patricks Day, Easter, etc and hang them on the tree............Wow what a great idea!

Hugs, Judy

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Judy,

You've got a great DH!!!!!!! A Valentines tree sounds wonderful!!!!!!! I keep a lighted faux tree in an urn in my dining room all year. I have had Easter/Spring theme, Christmas theme, Fall theme, but never VALENTINES!!! Generally it has Chandilear chrystals and clusters of grapes on it. I have also taken children's china and made them into ornaments. Years ago I hung plastic champagne glasses (glitter sprayed) on for New Years. I turn the lights on when we have guests over to eat in that room. I've never done a 4th of July tree, St. Patty's Day tree, baby shower tree, birthday tree, but would'nt that be fun?

Susie

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Judy, over on my Holidays Forum, some of the gals keep little trees up for the various holidays. I was thinking about doing it this year too.
    And many of us do the stacked plates. I absolutely have a blast with decorating mine for all the holidays and seasons!

What a wonderful DH you have to suggest such a thing. It would never occur to mine, LOL, but then unless something is in the middle of a golf hole, he wouldn't notice anyway.
    I have a lot of Inspiration Albums set up for my Holiday Forum like I do us here. Here's the link to the stacked plates if you'd like to see them. (Target ONLINE, and sometimes Hobby Lobby, sells them as set. But any 3 cake plates of varying sizes would work. Toppers are $1 Sundae cups from Walmart for most of us.)

Congrats on a great Xmas haul. Ya done good!
    I think we all did.
    hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Stacked Plate decor

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Well I'll BE, my daughter in law gave me a Xmas Tree with tin cookie cutter decorations, really darling. I remarked I like this so much I think I'll keep up all year long. Well leave it to Garden Junkers so come up with an idea to decorate year round with different Holiday Themes! Now I CAN keep it up year round!

Karen, thanks for posting the Stacked Plate decor pics!

Sylvia

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Karen,

I am inspired to start on a stacked plate center piece. That is just beautiful. A great conversation piece. Thank you for sharing that.

Susie

• kirkus
    15 years ago

I'm going to sound wishy-washy here. I received many nice gifts but my favorite gift was watching our 8 year old daughter and 1 1/2 year old son during the Christmas season. Their excitement was magical. Every time we drove by lights, our son would get soooo excited, saying, "Lights! Lights! Lights!" It was great fun to watch them open presents on Christmas. Our daughter made Carol and me tons of presents...she was so excited to have us open them. So, watching my kids was my favorite "gift" of Christmas. Bear Hugs! Kirk

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

That's not "wishy-washy", Kirk. It's what Christmas should be!!

~Sandy~

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

SusieRose, I can honestly say nothing has been more fun to decorate than my stacked plates. I've had them going almost 2 yrs now, and it just makes me feel good to walk in the kitchen and see decorations in the middle of the table.
    Festive in a BIG way, tho small in 'stature'. I love them.

Kirk, you are right. That was quite the gift with the little ones' excitement. Definitely "magical" at their ages.

nana g., here's some little trees the Holiday gals have done for Halloween and Fall.
    {{gwi:129199}} {{gwi:129200}}

the little white trees also are neat to decorate with.
    {{gwi:129201}} {{gwi:129202}}

hugs, Karen

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

I have a lighted seasonal/holiday tree in my entry hall. We love it! It very welcoming and cheery and lights up the dark hallway.

It has never occurred to me to take a picture of it for other holidays, but here it is this Christmas...

{{gwi:129145}}

And last Christmas...

{{gwi:129049}}

I put flowers on it for spring and different ones for summer and fall.

~Sandy~

• chelcass
    15 years ago

Thanks everybody for the great ideas I am going to check everything out. Stacked Plate Center Piece I have got to check this out. I am forever buying plates, cup, and any dish I think i can make something with. I have a shed full. My DH husband never knew what *junking* was till he met me. Now he's almost as good as me. He can look at something and picture a use for it..............plus he does woodworking so we combine our hobbies. He also can do stained glass. Hmmmmmmmmm I wonder! ! ! ! New glass saw!!! lol. I did put a grinder on my birthday wish list mine is really old.

Kirk, there is nothing more precious then to watch children at Christmas time. To see Christmas thru their eyes is amazing. Treasure ever moment for they grow up way to soon.

Hugs everybody and may you have the best New Year ever............and keep on Junking!!

Love Ya, Judy

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022