Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Free Shroom!

Calamity_J
12 years ago

Got this free shroom topper a while ago...just been waiting for the bottom and lo and behold I found it!!! Also free!!! Also scored some nice copper stars($1/each), a babybath and bird feeder and plant pot for $5! I want to paint this shroom to go into my Gnome Garden. The mushroom is 26" tall and the top is super heavy! So will have to fill the stem with gravel to make sure it is sturdy. And I have plans for the stars(a dangly), bath will be used to mix some concrete for the planter I am currently working on. Can't decide if I want to paint the birdfeeder or leave as is....

{{gwi:129221}}

Comments (24)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Great shroom! Is that a coil vase someone made in pottery class?

Goodfinds can't wait to see what you do with them.

Kathy

• a.girl.named.max
    12 years ago

Neat stuff. Is the umbrella the bird feeder? I want it! Also please tell us about the mosaic at the top left hand corner of the pic. TFS

Max

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kathy, when I first spotted the black bottom pc I thought the same thing, but it is actually a 1/8th inch fiberglass and I think it was a fiberglas wrap and that is what the ridges are from, then was coated with something waterproof. And Yes Max that bird feeder is awesome I was tickled to find that pc of treasure, never mind pay so cheap!!!($1.66) I woulda paid $10 and been happy since I saw one brand new for $60! Thanks for noticing one of my latest art pcs, it is a 3d flower mosaic done with old chipped italian flowers and someones 1/2cup ceramic art pc that I saw in a thrift store and the inspiration spoke to me! I built a berm to make the flowers stick out more.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here are some winter projects I managed to do. I am currently working on the espalier planter box, it is insulation styrofoam board that will be coated with wire mesh/concrete and mosaiced. The espaliered fruit tree is yellow/purple plum/peach/apricot

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:129212}}

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh gosh, calamity...you are so creative! That 'shroom will be super in your gnome garden! Umbrella bird feeder is sweet! Looks like you've been very busy! That pot of flowers mosaic is GORGEOUS! TFS, jane! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Now, that is one big shroom! And it looks really heavy! It will look great in your gnome garden. Really like your winter projects especially the flower power one! That is beautiful!

• jlily
    12 years ago

You are soo creative!! It boggles my mind!! Thank you for sharing. Jlily

• Sandplum1
    12 years ago

Love it-I want some mushrooms to place along path in my woods!

Carol

• giggles1
    12 years ago

That is THE most perfect bottom!!!
    Can't wait to see it when your done.
    YOU REALLY LUCKED OUT!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Good buys!
    Went to see your winter projects and while I like them all
    my favorite one was the pink elephant. I collect them
    and it looks like it should be in a collection! Grin.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So gave the bird feeder to my BFF(She loved it!)And DH helped me with my Star Dangler, by drilling the holes for me! I am happy with how it turned out! Hangs down 46inches, and I got to use up some glass candy items that I have been staring at for a while...waiting for some way to use them!ha!

{{gwi:129222}}

{{gwi:129223}}

This is gonna hang out on my deck or in my new Jane Cave(glassed in gazebo type structure that is going in the back yard)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, what a lovely start to your new 'Jane Cave!' Bling, bling & more bling! ...& it cries out 'SWEET!' TFS! Jeanne S.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So, started on the shroom, it even has Hubby approval!lol! And hauled in the latest free gnome to give the "make-over" to. He is actually in very good shape, just needs scraping and painting! WHO would throw him away as JUNK?!!!!(hauled him out of the cement scrap pile, that gets crushed and used by a paving company)Oh No, not him!!! He came home to live in the: Jane's Home for Recycled Gnomes Garden"(Oops, I'll now have to add shrooms too!lol!)

{{gwi:129224}}

{{gwi:129225}}

{{gwi:129226}}

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, your 'shroom is lookin' good! Nice & colorful & will be perfect for your 'gnomes garden! Glad you rescued that lil' gnome...he will be delish! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

He is already starting to look better!!!(I HAD to put something in his hnd cuz it was just kinda creepy looking with just a hole there!lol!Am gonna look for a garden rake or something for him to hold)

{{gwi:129227}}

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Looking darn good, calamity! Do you have an old door hinge 'pin'? I just posted one on log birdhouses a min. ago...that would look good in his hand, too...but I think the 'nail' looks great...he's ready to work! LOL! Jeanne S. Nice save!

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Cute!!!!!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

The painted items look awesome--you always to
    a good job. And I love the stars!
    With after Christmas sales over the years, I have
    both the candy and wire 3D stars. One year I bought
    about 20 of the stars (25 cents each)and have not done a thing with them-this is a good project for those 3 inch
    stars. I am a sucker for metal stars anyway!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Finished my Gnomie and did a Miss Piggy too! Wish I had eyelashes like hers!!!lol!

{{gwi:129229}}

{{gwi:129230}}

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh that gnome turned out really cute, calamity! Nice work! & great save, too! Miss Piggy is a cutie! ...esp like how you added those 'porcelain'? flowers! CUTE! TFS! Jeanne S.

• aggiegrad
    12 years ago

how about a little garden flag, or an umbrella for the your garden gnome to hold? it would have to be something that wouldn't blow away though. so, you'd have to figure a way to attach it to his hand from underneath, but still be able to change it out if needed. maybe a nut & washer underneath the hand, & one on top of the hand too. it looks a lot better after you painted him. good job.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks! I am now on the lookout for a set of those indoor garden tools(they are like mini ones of the regular ones for outside)cuz I think he needs to be a gardener!!lol! Holding a spade or a rake! Or maybe a cane....

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Or a weedeater!!!! LOL!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My buddy was suggesting a little dish for bird seed! that has a post that sets in the hand...

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES