Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free Shroom!

Posted by calamity_j z7bc (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 6, 12 at 0:04

Got this free shroom topper a while ago...just been waiting for the bottom and lo and behold I found it!!! Also free!!! Also scored some nice copper stars($1/each), a babybath and bird feeder and plant pot for $5! I want to paint this shroom to go into my Gnome Garden. The mushroom is 26" tall and the top is super heavy! So will have to fill the stem with gravel to make sure it is sturdy. And I have plans for the stars(a dangly), bath will be used to mix some concrete for the planter I am currently working on. Can't decide if I want to paint the birdfeeder or leave as is....

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free Shroom!

Great shroom! Is that a coil vase someone made in pottery class?

Goodfinds can't wait to see what you do with them.

Kathy

o

Neat stuff. Is the umbrella the bird feeder? I want it! Also please tell us about the mosaic at the top left hand corner of the pic. TFS

Max

o

Kathy, when I first spotted the black bottom pc I thought the same thing, but it is actually a 1/8th inch fiberglass and I think it was a fiberglas wrap and that is what the ridges are from, then was coated with something waterproof. And Yes Max that bird feeder is awesome I was tickled to find that pc of treasure, never mind pay so cheap!!!($1.66) I woulda paid $10 and been happy since I saw one brand new for $60! Thanks for noticing one of my latest art pcs, it is a 3d flower mosaic done with old chipped italian flowers and someones 1/2cup ceramic art pc that I saw in a thrift store and the inspiration spoke to me! I built a berm to make the flowers stick out more.

o
Some Winter Projects

Here are some winter projects I managed to do. I am currently working on the espalier planter box, it is insulation styrofoam board that will be coated with wire mesh/concrete and mosaiced. The espaliered fruit tree is yellow/purple plum/peach/apricot

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Projects

o

Oh gosh, calamity...you are so creative! That 'shroom will be super in your gnome garden! Umbrella bird feeder is sweet! Looks like you've been very busy! That pot of flowers mosaic is GORGEOUS! TFS, jane! Jeanne S.

o

Now, that is one big shroom! And it looks really heavy! It will look great in your gnome garden. Really like your winter projects especially the flower power one! That is beautiful!

o

You are soo creative!! It boggles my mind!! Thank you for sharing. Jlily

o

Love it-I want some mushrooms to place along path in my woods!

Carol

o

That is THE most perfect bottom!!!
Can't wait to see it when your done.
YOU REALLY LUCKED OUT!

o

Good buys!
Went to see your winter projects and while I like them all
my favorite one was the pink elephant. I collect them
and it looks like it should be in a collection! Grin.

o

So gave the bird feeder to my BFF(She loved it!)And DH helped me with my Star Dangler, by drilling the holes for me! I am happy with how it turned out! Hangs down 46inches, and I got to use up some glass candy items that I have been staring at for a while...waiting for some way to use them!ha!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is gonna hang out on my deck or in my new Jane Cave(glassed in gazebo type structure that is going in the back yard)

o

Oh, what a lovely start to your new 'Jane Cave!' Bling, bling & more bling! ...& it cries out 'SWEET!' TFS! Jeanne S.

o

So, started on the shroom, it even has Hubby approval!lol! And hauled in the latest free gnome to give the "make-over" to. He is actually in very good shape, just needs scraping and painting! WHO would throw him away as JUNK?!!!!(hauled him out of the cement scrap pile, that gets crushed and used by a paving company)Oh No, not him!!! He came home to live in the: Jane's Home for Recycled Gnomes Garden"(Oops, I'll now have to add shrooms too!lol!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Oh, your 'shroom is lookin' good! Nice & colorful & will be perfect for your 'gnomes garden! Glad you rescued that lil' gnome...he will be delish! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

He is already starting to look better!!!(I HAD to put something in his hnd cuz it was just kinda creepy looking with just a hole there!lol!Am gonna look for a garden rake or something for him to hold)

Photobucket

o

Looking darn good, calamity! Do you have an old door hinge 'pin'? I just posted one on log birdhouses a min. ago...that would look good in his hand, too...but I think the 'nail' looks great...he's ready to work! LOL! Jeanne S. Nice save!

o

Cute!!!!!

o

The painted items look awesome--you always to
a good job. And I love the stars!
With after Christmas sales over the years, I have
both the candy and wire 3D stars. One year I bought
about 20 of the stars (25 cents each)and have not done a thing with them-this is a good project for those 3 inch
stars. I am a sucker for metal stars anyway!

o

Finished my Gnomie and did a Miss Piggy too! Wish I had eyelashes like hers!!!lol!

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Oh that gnome turned out really cute, calamity! Nice work! & great save, too! Miss Piggy is a cutie! ...esp like how you added those 'porcelain'? flowers! CUTE! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

how about a little garden flag, or an umbrella for the your garden gnome to hold? it would have to be something that wouldn't blow away though. so, you'd have to figure a way to attach it to his hand from underneath, but still be able to change it out if needed. maybe a nut & washer underneath the hand, & one on top of the hand too. it looks a lot better after you painted him. good job.

o

Thanks! I am now on the lookout for a set of those indoor garden tools(they are like mini ones of the regular ones for outside)cuz I think he needs to be a gardener!!lol! Holding a spade or a rake! Or maybe a cane....

o

Or a weedeater!!!! LOL!

o

My buddy was suggesting a little dish for bird seed! that has a post that sets in the hand...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here