Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Another Barnwood Bloom & Birdhouse for my Gardens

jeannespines
12 years ago

DH & I have been able to work in the shop the last few days (good weather here)....I finished up another 'Barnwood Bloom' (for myself) today to add to my gardens in the Spring! And also I had saved a pic of a birdhouse & DH built it for me w/old barnwood. I kept the natural color & polyurethaned it & added the iron star...I love it!

Here's the BW Bloom:

{{gwi:129239}}

The flowers are made of 'grinder' blades & anything I find while TS'ing ... I layered each flower & DH drilled in the screws for me. I added some salvaged leftovers for stems (one is from an patio umbrella spoke).

Close-up of the flowers:

{{gwi:129240}}

I also had used 'poly' on the old barnwood to bring out it's beauty! Added the rusty hinge just because I loved it! And a couple pcs of driftwood for more bling! Here it is on my porch w/new barnwood birdhouse:

{{gwi:129241}}

Here's the birdhouse on my potting table (40's deg today so took a pic out there...it will end up in my garden shed garden, I think):

{{gwi:129242}}

But for now, it's finding a home on my porch table!

{{gwi:129243}}

DH also has been working on a couple condos...one I left natural barnwood & the other one I painted w/red barn fence paint:

{{gwi:129244}}

{{gwi:129245}}

I don't know how long we've had our condo on a big post outside ...but it sure weathers good! (between 10-15 yrs at least) ...LOVE old barnwood!

{{gwi:129246}}

TFlookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (11)

• trashydj
    12 years ago

just love those tyfs

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I love your barnwood blooms and birdhouses. I have two books about building birdhouses and you have inspired me to get busy and try my hand at building one.

Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

• pixie_lou
    12 years ago

Your barnwood blooms are so inspiring.

Love the umbrella spoke flower stems. Great idea.

• jlily
    12 years ago

That sure is pure Spring inspiration!! I love all of the birdhouses. To be soo talented! Thanx for sharing. Jlily

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Wow Jeanne...another beautiful barnwood bloom creation! Love the old cutter blades as flowers! Great job! And the new birdhouses are wonderful! Love the condos that your DH has been working on and the one you just finished with the star is really nice....I might just have to "borrow" that one! TFS!

• Sandplum1
    12 years ago

Love your goodies!

Carol

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Yes love it all !!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Love the new condos, they look like log cabins so should be "in the woods" or at a lakeside cabin! The new BH looks good on the table in the porch. The BW blooms are so creative as always, love that long hinge to finish it off!Jan

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Wonderful, I love them all. That's quite a post your bird condo is sitting on too.
    Kathy

• nonacook
    12 years ago

I always like your barnwood blooms, and look for
    things so that I can make something similar. I have
    'things' now but am still trying to get the garden
    in shape so I can put them together to put out there.
    Like the birdhouses too!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, GJers! Fun to make & fun to share pics & hear your comments!

crete...yes, that post is an old big telephone post & has been on our acreage here 40 yrs! Holds that big condo real well! The frame in front is barnwood & the easel was made by a 'Willow' artist at Farmer's Mrkt...I love it!

marylee...hope you find a good pattern in your book & give it a try! ;-)

I added a 'chunky' wood Cardinal to the porch table in front of the birdhse...it's cute...was a Hobby Lobby %off find in the Fall.

Thanks, again, for commenting! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville