Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinfoilhat

I just needed a little inspiration

tinfoilhat
10 years ago

I just needed a little inspiration to make something to post here.
For the last few months I have been working on a trailer mounted smoker in the driveway. My other half is a night nurse so I try to keep the noise down on days she is sleeping. Last Sunday I needed to get out the BIG hammer to persuade some metal to to move where I wanted it. This was followed by a rare midday sighting of my other half and a threat to blow up "that #&%* smoker". I put the hammer away and found some other (quieter) things to do.
Later in the afternoon I went in to make a sandwich after she got up. She was in the kitchen with a loaf of French bread in one hand and waving a bread knife in the other hand when she mentioned that one of the nurses birthday was coming up and it would be real nice if I'd make her a flower for her yard. I'm not saying that long bread knife had anything to do with it but a feeling of divine inspiration overcame me and I built a flower last week.
No hammers were used on this project.
{{gwi:129499}}
Made from an old fountain somebody dumped in the desert, valve handle, rebar, and leaves cut from old air conditioner shroud.

This post was edited by tinfoilhat on Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 12:28

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner