Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I just needed a little inspiration

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 6:04

I just needed a little inspiration to make something to post here.
For the last few months I have been working on a trailer mounted smoker in the driveway. My other half is a night nurse so I try to keep the noise down on days she is sleeping. Last Sunday I needed to get out the BIG hammer to persuade some metal to to move where I wanted it. This was followed by a rare midday sighting of my other half and a threat to blow up "that #&%* smoker". I put the hammer away and found some other (quieter) things to do.
Later in the afternoon I went in to make a sandwich after she got up. She was in the kitchen with a loaf of French bread in one hand and waving a bread knife in the other hand when she mentioned that one of the nurses birthday was coming up and it would be real nice if I'd make her a flower for her yard. I'm not saying that long bread knife had anything to do with it but a feeling of divine inspiration overcame me and I built a flower last week.
No hammers were used on this project.
 photo SunFlower_zps3e04826b.jpg
Made from an old fountain somebody dumped in the desert, valve handle, rebar, and leaves cut from old air conditioner shroud.

This post was edited by tinfoilhat on Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 12:28

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I just needed a little inspiration

Lol! I was expecting it to be made out of bread knives! Nice job. What a nice pop of color on a cold winter day!

o

My birthday is coming up sometime too and I wouldn't wave a bread knife around! :) Great flower; love the color. Thanks for sharing, especially on this VERY frigid day in the northland!

Carol

o

Wow....I guess whatever it takes to motivate you to create is a good thing! Love the new flower....made from a fountain? So, how big is this thing? LOVE the bright color and the leaves are very cool...never thought of doing that, but sounds like the plan for future flowers.

Thanks for the bright spot in my cold day!

o

Beautiful! The colors are perfect!

I never get anything done when hubby works nights.

o

Beautiful!!

o

LOVE it!!!! (Waving bread knife....)

o

WOW Looks much better than what the results of a bread knife yielding woman could have done to you! It's gorgeous!

o

Your flower is beautiful! Love the colors. I agree that it brightens the day. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

o

I love it--the colors are great!

o

Love it!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here