Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sheets of copper - any ideas ?

Posted by mommyandme2 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 20, 12 at 7:53

I've been given approx. 20 sheets of copper, measuring about 8 x 11, and several smaller pieces. They are all embossed to some degree & need to be pounded out, as soon as we can find the rubber mallet. In the meanwhile, I'm looking for some simple ideas. I suppose I can make flowers, similar to those I make with aluminum. Any other ideas ? - Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sheets of copper - any ideas ?

What a fun thing to be given. You could leave the embossing for some things (depending on what it is I guess). Bird house roofs; cut shapes: leaves, suns, moons, flowers (I love copper suns).
Here is a website all about using copper with lots of ideas. Althought they sell the stuff, still lots of good posts. I googled copper art and found it. Now I'm really jealous!
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Metal art

o

OH!! I 'm jealous, too. I am needing some for my current project. Anything you do will be georgous. Please let us see what you decide to do! Enjoy Jlily

o

I did those copper stars, that was fun!(Free shroom post)

o

Here when we find it we use as birdhouse roofs ...I couldn't find the butterfly house pic w/it but I found this birdhouse altho this was 'tin' ...if copper's not thick enough, we build one w/wood first, then attach copper w/tiny nails...love the patina changes! Have fun! Jeanne S.

AnotherShutterbdhse08

Or for decorative (I cut these out) on birdhouses like these stars & copper wire:

Photobucket

o

Oooh! What I could do with sheets of copper! Little cups for a rain chain. Sepals for garden lights and flowers made with glass shades. Jewelry. Shapes for wind chime flappers. Birdhouse and bird feeder roofs. Garden sculptures (cut out shapes, hammer out to make them hollow, rivet pieces together or solder). I'd like to make a couple of frogs. Butterflies. Mobiles. Ideas unlimited!

Sandy

o

Well, let's see....my address is:.......:-D

Lucky you! Copper is great for roofs, fins, stars, and on and on!

o

Lucky you! You can do a lot with 20 pieces. I love the rain chain idea. Anything from a simple bowl to flowers to square cups would be beautiful.

Maybe try lanterns with punched hole designs?

Fashion pieces into leaves or bowls and turn them into a fountain so the water drops from one leaf to the next to the next.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here