Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salad master cones

Posted by mommyandme2 TX 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 4, 12 at 8:31

For the younger people here: salad master is a hand-cranked food processor that came out in the post WW2 era. It uses a series of stainless cones to chop, slice, etc. I spotted these cones at a GW store.
Salad Master stainless steel cones

This is what I did with them !
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salad master cones

I'll be darned . There really IS a use for everything !!
Did you think of that as soon as you saw them - or did you buy first ,think later ? It kinda has that "industrial chic" look to it. I really like them !

o

That is a really neat idea. I like it. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

My first thought was, "be careful not to cut yourself on those things", then I saw that you planted them with cacti! I don't think anyone will mess with those... Very cute.

o

Great idea, M&M! Yes, with the cacti they do look quite modern & won't overgrow the pots either! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I loveit!
Kathy

o

When I saw them, I knew exactly what they were & exactly what I was going to do with them. They are the perfect size for my little cactus.

o

Like the cactus idea!
I have also seen those used for tops
for danglers/windchimes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here