Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Flea mkt finds plus work in progress

concretenprimroses
15 years ago

Ok first here are my flea mkt finds for Thursday, except the little mushroom in the front was at sa for 50 cents. I don't buy a lot at the flea mkt usually, but all these things were $1 each. I realized when I got home that they hadn't included the first 3 things I found that they were holding. Forgot I was the same person apparently. Oh well. I also bought a book called using feng shui to get rid of clutter, lol. I Love the mushroom s&p s but I want to change the color and use them in the garden. The phone at the back doesn't seem to work unfortunately anything in back of that is not a recent find.

{{gwi:129642}}

kathy

Comments (12)

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm so frustrated, having a hard time with the pics this morning. I just typed a note and it got lost and the pic was sideways anyway. Here is the before and after. I painted the bulb, gluedon half marbles and stones, wrapped a little bit of mightputty around the screw part and painted that. I was inspired to repaint ugly white duck with beady little yellow eyes by susiewants roses darling pitcher with ducklings that she repainted. Its sitting in the stand that santa Joan sent me, but since it has a stem I hpe to find something that fits into to put it out in the garden this spring.
    kathy

Before:

{{gwi:129643}}

After:

{{gwi:129644}}

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

W O W !!!!!!!!! Very creative!!!! What kind of paint do you use to paint a bulb? That looks amazing.

Also love your flea market finds. I have a similar elephant that I made into a tassel. With a bow around his neck to match the fringe on the bottom he would be adorable.

The mushrooms would make very nice potted plant stakes.

What FUN stuff!!!!

Susie

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Very nice! I wish it were warm enough for yard sales around here, but alas, it's not...haven't had much luck in the TS or FM either since Christmas. I have fun looking at everyone else's hauls though...glad some of you are having great fun! Thanks for sharing with us!

• leveta
    15 years ago

Kathy I bought a bulb yesterday also to do what you done...Great minds I guess...lol..I'm doing mine in mini's and going to attach it to a pole as a mini gazing ball...I love what you done with yours...Love the little quackers on top...

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for your kind words.
    I painted the bulb with a special primer for slick surfaces (bulls eye 1 2 3 Stain killer which is what I happened to have on hand.) Then with regular acrylic craft paints. Hope it holds up! Thought about grouting it but decided it would be too hard. I probably should have painted the ducky first with the same primer but didn't think of it and only sanded. I just couldn't get the paint to stick to his tail and remembered I have a bottle of ceramic paint so he has dark purple tail feathers, lol. I used Rustoleum painters touch crystal clear finish for the first time. Its supposed to be uv resistant and for outside, but cleans up with water. Anyone else used it?
    kathy

• leveta
    15 years ago

please let me know if the paint holds up. I thought about that to, but since I don't know anything about the painting process...

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

COOL retro stuff!I LOVE that duck it looks just like my Jinxie!
    {{gwi:129646}}

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Nice haul! The ball looks so good with the glass marbles & river rock, I think that is what i will do with a bowling ball. Really like the look! Duck came out nice too!! Goldenpond's are so cute!! Jan

• katishooked
    15 years ago

It is so cute. Like your little mushrooms.

Kathy

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Goldenpond, I love jinxie. The other is cute too. But the funny thing is I mixedin some green and blue, just like your jinxie but it doens't show up very well.
    kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Ooooooo, aaaaaaaaaah! Love what you did with the light bulb! I have a burnt out bulb that a friend gave me that is clear. I was wondering if I could drill a hole into the screw-in part and pour paint into it. But I like your idea better! Love what you did with it! And yes, the little ducky sure does look like goldenpond's Jinxie!

I also like your flea market finds. I can see that pedestal dish looking awesome in a totem. And the mushrooms will look very cute in the garden or in a fairy garden. I am also partial towards the blue ashtray and brown pottery bowl which I'd probably break up for mosaicing. But my favorite is that cute little elephant! I collect them so they are a favorite of mine. Great finds!

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy luna I wish you were nearby cuz the booth had 5 or 6 of elephants. Mine was $1, most were $2.
    kathy

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting