Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

Are you planning to sell your Garden Art this year?

a.girl.named.max
10 years ago

I would love to hear about any plans you have to sell your garden art at fairs, flea markets, shows, occasional shops, etc.

What's hot and what's not in your area? Any new trends or unique ideas?

Comments (9)

• cnm1
    10 years ago

I am selling garden flowers made from glass dishes. I do it at a small sale 2x a year. They sell well. I price them mainly to cover my costs.

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Very pretty!

Please forgive my multitude of questions. What technique do you use? Do you glue or drill? Do you include the stakes? Where are you located and can I be additionally nosy and ask how much you charge? If you don't want to disclose that's okay.

Looking forward to your response!

• laurastheme
    10 years ago

I've been selling on the internet, but not allowed to say where. I was chastised for that some time ago. They sell for $30 - $34 without the stakes....more than they sell for locally. Can't do the craft shows anymore. Just too hard on this old body. Good to see you back, Max.

• cnm1
    10 years ago

I drill. I include the copper stakes. Majority are 20 - 30. Occasionally higher. The big blue in the front was 40 because I will never find that dish again. Again - I try to cover the cost - nothing more. It is a free hobby. I would rather sell stuff and have reason to make more. I sold about 40 of them in the last year in NE ohio.

• nonacook
    10 years ago

I did sell at me garden club sale for a couple of years, but attendance was poor and the stopped having the show.
    I would like to do a 'home' show, but can't seem to get organized enough. That's because I have more 'junk' than things put together to be saleable, and no place for the finished things---LOL
    You can't walk through my storage buildings except sideways, and carefully!

• mjowest
    10 years ago

HI Max and everyone else- I agree, I miss the old days (other posting) but I'm still selling too-
    Laura- curious- why were you chastised for stating where you sell? Self promoting? 'sigh'-

I sell at two local craft malls now, one flea market, and my front yard. I can't seem to wrap my mind around the shipping of a flower-
    but I am trying some smaller sized plates (drying right now!) so I may try that-
    I don't make a lot of money on them, either. I'd rather find the joy of making them, making some money to go shopping for more glass!
    I drill the glass, use copper pipe and GE II.

There are more glass plate flowers surfacing in this area, so I'm trying to create my own look-
    Has anyone seem Garden Whimsies by Mary's facebook? she has over 200,000 fans and sells regularly on _______ fill in the blank!

• laurastheme
    10 years ago

Me too. ____________ fill in the blank. Yes, Mojo. It was considered advertising.

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

Cnm, I love the salt shaker centers. The one in the front definitely worth $40!
    Kathy

• cnm1
    10 years ago

Thanks Kathy - now I just have figure out what to do with a huge collection of topless salt shaker!!!!!!