Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you planning to sell your Garden Art this year?

Posted by a.girl.named.max 4a (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 9:39

I would love to hear about any plans you have to sell your garden art at fairs, flea markets, shows, occasional shops, etc.

What's hot and what's not in your area? Any new trends or unique ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you planning to sell your Garden Art this year?

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 20:01

I am selling garden flowers made from glass dishes. I do it at a small sale 2x a year. They sell well. I price them mainly to cover my costs.

o

Very pretty!

Please forgive my multitude of questions. What technique do you use? Do you glue or drill? Do you include the stakes? Where are you located and can I be additionally nosy and ask how much you charge? If you don't want to disclose that's okay.

Looking forward to your response!

o

I've been selling on the internet, but not allowed to say where. I was chastised for that some time ago. They sell for $30 - $34 without the stakes....more than they sell for locally. Can't do the craft shows anymore. Just too hard on this old body. Good to see you back, Max.

o

Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 6:29

I drill. I include the copper stakes. Majority are 20 - 30. Occasionally higher. The big blue in the front was 40 because I will never find that dish again. Again - I try to cover the cost - nothing more. It is a free hobby. I would rather sell stuff and have reason to make more. I sold about 40 of them in the last year in NE ohio.

o

I did sell at me garden club sale for a couple of years, but attendance was poor and the stopped having the show.
I would like to do a 'home' show, but can't seem to get organized enough. That's because I have more 'junk' than things put together to be saleable, and no place for the finished things---LOL
You can't walk through my storage buildings except sideways, and carefully!

o

HI Max and everyone else- I agree, I miss the old days (other posting) but I'm still selling too-
Laura- curious- why were you chastised for stating where you sell? Self promoting? 'sigh'-

I sell at two local craft malls now, one flea market, and my front yard. I can't seem to wrap my mind around the shipping of a flower-
but I am trying some smaller sized plates (drying right now!) so I may try that-
I don't make a lot of money on them, either. I'd rather find the joy of making them, making some money to go shopping for more glass!
I drill the glass, use copper pipe and GE II.

There are more glass plate flowers surfacing in this area, so I'm trying to create my own look-
Has anyone seem Garden Whimsies by Mary's facebook? she has over 200,000 fans and sells regularly on _______ fill in the blank!

o

Me too. ____________ fill in the blank. Yes, Mojo. It was considered advertising.

o

Cnm, I love the salt shaker centers. The one in the front definitely worth $40!
Kathy

o

Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 5:25

Thanks Kathy - now I just have figure out what to do with a huge collection of topless salt shaker!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here